Xbox series X WiFi disconnecting

Discus and support Xbox series X WiFi disconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a series X on launch day. Every day since then, I get disconnected from wifi for about 5 seconds and then it reconnects. This happens rougly once... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by oOI MiKE IOo, Feb 18, 2021.

1. oOI MiKE IOo
    oOI MiKE IOo Guest

I got a series X on launch day. Every day since then, I get disconnected from wifi for about 5 seconds and then it reconnects. This happens rougly once per day, but sometimes more. My xbox one is right next to my series X and never had any problems with wifi.
    So i sent my xbox off for repair, and they sent me a replacement console. Guess what, same thing happens! I am aware of the issue regarding 5ghz connections, but what do i do now? Its been 3 months of disconnecting every day, and what I just have to wait for a fix, which has no timeframe on when that will come? So i spent £450 on a console that i cant use properly.

:)

oOI MiKE IOo, Feb 18, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox Series X disconnects from wifi

Hello Kieronious, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

First, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > General > Network setting > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address: clear

Then, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Jdmsx Win User

Xbox Series X Major Lag Issues

Hi there. I have tried almost every possible method of restarting, resetting and everything inbetween. Ports are forwarded, etc.

The thing is, I have my Xbox One and Series X set up beside each other. Due to the Series X’s problems, I can switch off my Series X, and switch on my Xbox One, and have no connection issues.

Both playing on the same wifi, both wireless connection, with all the same settings (except the Series X is running on 120fps).

Something is not right with the Series X and I believe it’s more than just needing to reset my MAC address...
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Online difficulties

Would you provide a few more details.

Are you using WiFi or wired ethernet to connect console, (og, S or X) to router/gateway?

Troubleshoot random disconnects may assist you.
  5. Gobi Todic Win User

Does the Xbox Series X have different broadband requirements than the Xbox One?

6. Tomy68 Win User

Xbox Series X WiFi issue

Hi,

I tried. It is slightly better in the beginning but then the same behavior happens. It is going up and down, disappear, and come back. It is not stable at all.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X WiFi disconnecting - Similar Threads - series WiFi disconnecting

2. xbox series x - WiFi lag & Packet Loss

in XboX Insiders
    xbox series x - WiFi lag & Packet Loss: WiFi lag and packet loss are still not fixed on xbox series x,I am currently on the alpha ring. submitted by /u/xboxdevcat [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Series X disconnects from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X disconnects from wifi: Hi, Got the new series X and having an issue where every session I'm playing on it I get randomly disconnected from the WiFi. Seems to drop connection so i get kicked from games and then...
  4. Series X WiFi Problems When Hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X WiFi Problems When Hot?: After about month of glorious gaming without problems, my series x recently began having wifi issues— repeated, short disconnects that usually boot me from a game but only sometimes doesn’t result...
  5. Xbox Series X Internet via WiFi and Ethernet disconnects and Xbox Wireless disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Internet via WiFi and Ethernet disconnects and Xbox Wireless disconnects: Internet via WiFi and/or Ethernet cutout always (and I mean "and/or" this even happens when they're both active). I can not stress enough that this happens literally every time I use my Xbox. It...
  6. Series S disconnects from WiFi without any reason

in XboX Insiders
    Series S disconnects from WiFi without any reason: So I've had this series S for about 20 days now, and every single day it has disconnected from my WiFi for 4-5 seconds before reconnecting. It does this without any reason, and no other device in...
  7. The constant Wifi disconnect is driving me crazy and ruining the new Xbox series X I got.

in XboX Insiders
    The constant Wifi disconnect is driving me crazy and ruining the new Xbox series X I got.: I updated to the newest insider update and I still have wifi drops. As everyone else experiences, I haven’t dropped on any of my other wifi connected devices; only the series X. I just want to be...
  8. Does anyone know anything at all about a fix for Series X|S WiFi disconnection?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know anything at all about a fix for Series X|S WiFi disconnection?: I'm on a series X, and I'm having issues with WiFi disconnecting randomly playing online. I had seen I was unenrolled from the insiders program, and I rejoined as a beta member and the issue...
  9. Xbox Series X Wifi issues - lags out and disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wifi issues - lags out and disconnects: Hello, At first when I got the console this behaivour presented just a few times which I thought was a problem with my ISP so I just ignored it. Lately it has happened a lot of times. While I am...
  10. XBOX Series X disconnects from WIFI after restart

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Series X disconnects from WIFI after restart: Everytime I restart the console, I have to manually select the wifi network and type in the password. Even then sometimes it refuses to connect until a second restart fixes the issue for...