: Xbox Series X wired connection not working

Discus and support : Xbox Series X wired connection not working in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X wired connection not working Hello there @JimiBris, I hope everything is going well! Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by JimiBris, Feb 4, 2021.

1. JimiBris
    JimiBris Guest

Hello there @JimiBris, I hope everything is going well!
    Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards
    Code:
    Stay safe, and happy gaming!
    :)

JimiBris, Feb 4, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @JimiBris, I hope everything is going well!
    Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards
  3. Noel Hoekstra Win User

Xbox series X - AUDIO - USB vs 3.5mm headphones - Quality & Latency

I understand you about the xbox license.

I rather not want to have a wireless headset because I dont like charging and the battery life will decrease over time. So that leave me with two options:
    1. Wired, 3.5mm into the Xbox series x controller
    2. Wired, usb, into the Xbox series X

I checked the microsoft store and there are only 2 compatible series X headsets. Both wireles.

Do you know any wired Xbox series X headset? That is compatible with the series x? I prefer USB but have to go 3.5mm otherwise.
  4. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox Series X - Xbox Series X wired connection is not working well?

Hello there @logic603, I hope everything is going well!

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Usb

Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X wired connection not working - Similar Threads - Series wired connection

2. Xbox Series X - Xbox Series X wired connection is not working well?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Xbox Series X wired connection is not working well?: I got a Xbox Series X at launch. Things have been going well up until 2 weeks ago. I'm getting significant lower speeds on my Xbox Series X now. I have tried to power cycle both the console and my...
  3. Xbox Series X disconnecting on wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X disconnecting on wired connection: For about the past month I've been getting frequent disconnects from Xbox Live. I use a Linksys router plugged into my ISP gateway. Initially I thought it might be an issue with that setup, so I...
  4. Wired Series X - No connection after restart.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Series X - No connection after restart.: I upgraded a few months ago from a xbox one to a series x. I used the same ethernet cable that was connected to my original. I had zero issue with my internet/live on my old console. On day one I...
  5. Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel: Hello Everyone. I'm currently staying at Air Force Lodging for a long training course and I brought my brand new series X with me for some Warzone. Problem is... the Wi-Fi is unsecured,...
  6. Wired connection of xbox series X is slower than my wifi! This issue started last night out...

in XboX Insiders
    Wired connection of xbox series X is slower than my wifi! This issue started last night out...: My series x is connected via ethernet, last night I did a speed test which resulted in 30 mns down & 5 up. I have a 1gb internet connection with Comcast. Before last night the series x would reach...
  7. Xbox series x wired connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x wired connection issues: Hi Guys, I have an xbox series x and I cannot seem to get it to connect via an ethernet cable. The same ethernet cable connects perfectly into my desktop so I know it isn't the cable itself....
  8. Please Help! My Series X is showing "Offline" w/ a wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Help! My Series X is showing "Offline" w/ a wired connection: I just got a Series X system Thursday. Everything was fine up until last night. For some reason the system shows me as offline. I tried to connect to the internet and it still says i'm offline. My...
  9. Issue with Wifi/Wired connection Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Wifi/Wired connection Xbox Series X: Has anyone else ran into this issue, but lately since the last update, when my unit crashes and reboots I Loose wifi connection, because my unit thinks it is connected with a wired connection when...
  10. Xbox Series X: wired Internet connection repeatedly drops

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X: wired Internet connection repeatedly drops: Basic facts: 1) wired Ethernet connection, 1GIG-rated (realistically more like 800mbps, tops). Internet is working fine on other devices when this problem occurs. Under Settings, everything that...