Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel

Discus and support Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. I'm currently staying at Air Force Lodging for a long training course and I brought my brand new series X with me for some Warzone.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lyndondaniel, Feb 4, 2021.

1. lyndondaniel
    lyndondaniel Guest

Hello Everyone.

I'm currently staying at Air Force Lodging for a long training course and I brought my brand new series X with me for some Warzone.

Problem is... the Wi-Fi is unsecured, overloaded, slow (>10 MB/s), which leads to a pretty unstable connection. (~300ms ping.... 50% packet loss... complete disconnection)

I was able to get in touch with the ISP today and a technician was kind enough to open up a data line here in the room through the CISCO IP Phone.

I now have a strong connection on that line at >70 MB/s and <1 ms ping but the troubles aren't over.

With 0 augmentation the console isn't able to connect to XBOX live and when checking the NAT Type/Multiplayer Connection I get the error "Can't get a Teredo IP Address".

Did some more googling... Discovered that if you select an alternate port under "Advanced Settings" this might resolve the issue.

I did this and it worked.... sorta.

Black Ops Multiplayer appears to work without issue (that i've seen), however, COD: Warzone Appears to not. (Won't get past 'Connecting to Xbox Live')

Additionally under network settings, the Nat Type remains "Moderate" with a new error message "UPnP not successful".

I've tried a number of remedies:

• Using the MAC Address for my wi-fi connected phone
    • Using the MAC Address for the IP phone in the room
    • Attempting to set a static IP
    • Manual DNS (Just the standard 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4
    • Calling back the ISP to see if they'd enable UPnP & IPv6
      • Guy said that it'd change the firewall settings and that's not something they can support
    • Cycling through all of the alternate ports and then checking connection with Warzone.
    Have I Exhausted all of my options?

Are the better requests I could make from the technicians at the ISP that can be implemented digitally without:

a) the need for a technician to be physically present

b) asking for mods to security protocols

:)

lyndondaniel, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Noel Hoekstra Win User

Xbox series X - AUDIO - USB vs 3.5mm headphones - Quality & Latency

I understand you about the xbox license.

I rather not want to have a wireless headset because I dont like charging and the battery life will decrease over time. So that leave me with two options:
    1. Wired, 3.5mm into the Xbox series x controller
    2. Wired, usb, into the Xbox series X

I checked the microsoft store and there are only 2 compatible series X headsets. Both wireles.

Do you know any wired Xbox series X headset? That is compatible with the series x? I prefer USB but have to go 3.5mm otherwise.
  3. shinra15 Win User

Whenever I start a game ANY Game, I immediately get disconnected from xbox live HELP

Sorry about not re-posting on this in a while (been out of town - a certain hillbilly hell hotel in Alabama-Has absolutely NO connection to the MODERN AGE) anyway after a recent update from x box live my x box has been able to keep me online for certain
    games,particularly older games that no one really plays anymore, so the problems still not exactly solved. I did TRY the whole wired connection thing ,at a friends house, still didn't work :( Any other suggestions since that kinda rules out connection problems?
  4. TheticalAnt671 Win User

Cannot connect to network, but xbox can detect signal

i am at a hotel, with perfect internet connection however the X-box connect's to the network but not to the internet. what do I need to do to be able to jump on xbox live
  5. GlovesAreOff Win User

Ethernet cord Xbox one S

Hey I think I am having the same problem. But your Rnglish isn't the best so I'm not totally sure the issue is the same. I changed to Xbox One S too and the ethernet cable is not working with minr too. But I checked and realsised that the system update failed.
    So I reset my console to factory defaults and redownloaded the update using my phone hotspot. It worked but as soon as my turn my hotspot off the console nlises connection and again says update failed!! So I have to reset to factory again to get connection
    to my hotspot again. So the summary is the xbox one s doesnt detect wired connection and also cannot connect wirelessly. Only connects to my phone's hotspot.

I will try changing the ethernet cable whwn Inarrive home. Currently connected (or tried to connect at a hotel). Its not a hotel issue btw as my old xbox had no problem connecting at the hotel.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Usb

Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel - Similar Threads - Series Wired Connection

2. No Sound on Xbox One Wired Headset When Connected to Xbox Series S controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Sound on Xbox One Wired Headset When Connected to Xbox Series S controller: Hello, So I recently got the Xbox One Wired Headset and I tried connect it to my Xbox Series S controller, however, there are no sounds coming out of it. I feel like I have tried almost...
  3. Xbox Series X - Xbox Series X wired connection is not working well?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Xbox Series X wired connection is not working well?: I got a Xbox Series X at launch. Things have been going well up until 2 weeks ago. I'm getting significant lower speeds on my Xbox Series X now. I have tried to power cycle both the console and my...
  4. Xbox Series X disconnecting on wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X disconnecting on wired connection: For about the past month I've been getting frequent disconnects from Xbox Live. I use a Linksys router plugged into my ISP gateway. Initially I thought it might be an issue with that setup, so I...
  5. Wired Series X - No connection after restart.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Series X - No connection after restart.: I upgraded a few months ago from a xbox one to a series x. I used the same ethernet cable that was connected to my original. I had zero issue with my internet/live on my old console. On day one I...
  6. : Xbox Series X wired connection not working

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox Series X wired connection not working: : Xbox Series X wired connection not working Hello there @JimiBris, I hope everything is going well! Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the...
  7. Wired connection of xbox series X is slower than my wifi! This issue started last night out...

in XboX Insiders
    Wired connection of xbox series X is slower than my wifi! This issue started last night out...: My series x is connected via ethernet, last night I did a speed test which resulted in 30 mns down & 5 up. I have a 1gb internet connection with Comcast. Before last night the series x would reach...
  8. Xbox series x wired connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x wired connection issues: Hi Guys, I have an xbox series x and I cannot seem to get it to connect via an ethernet cable. The same ethernet cable connects perfectly into my desktop so I know it isn't the cable itself....
  9. Please Help! My Series X is showing "Offline" w/ a wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Help! My Series X is showing "Offline" w/ a wired connection: I just got a Series X system Thursday. Everything was fine up until last night. For some reason the system shows me as offline. I tried to connect to the internet and it still says i'm offline. My...
  10. Issue with Wifi/Wired connection Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Wifi/Wired connection Xbox Series X: Has anyone else ran into this issue, but lately since the last update, when my unit crashes and reboots I Loose wifi connection, because my unit thinks it is connected with a wired connection when...