Xbox Series X wireless headset/controller disconnect issues

Discus and support Xbox Series X wireless headset/controller disconnect issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, My headset (TurtleBeach Stealth 700 Gen 2) and my controller (Elite Series 2) disconnect frequently during use. Both my headset and controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by John Malone, Nov 9, 2021.

1. John Malone
    John Malone New Member

Hi all,

My headset (TurtleBeach Stealth 700 Gen 2) and my controller (Elite Series 2) disconnect frequently during use. Both my headset and controller have the latest firmware updates on them. My Xbox is also up to date. The headset more often than not doesn't reconnect on it's own so I must manually restart the headset.

Here are some observations:

• I have also tried my Steeleseries Arctis 9x and it also disconnects with the same frequency as my former headset. Thus I know it's not my headsets issue.
    • Using a wireless headset that doesn't use Xbox's tech to connect (Razer Thresher Ultimate) yields no disconnects.
    • I notice that when I am using a wired ethernet connection instead of a wi-fi connection the issues stop (completely I think).
    • If another device connected to the same wi-fi network starts streaming (or anything bandwidth intensive) then disconnects will be as frequent as every 30-40 seconds.
    • When using a wired controller (Fusion Pro) my headset will still disconnect with the same frequency.
    • Doing a hard restart of the Xbox does nothing to reduce the disconnects.

Unfortunately using a ethernet cable is not an option for me at home otherwise I would simply do that.
    I've had my console since release and I've had these issues since then but I figured this issue would have been fixed by now. Guess not.
    Any help would be appreciated as I'm unable to game or watch media due to disconnects.

John Malone, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Noel Hoekstra Win User

Xbox series X - AUDIO - USB vs 3.5mm headphones - Quality & Latency

I understand you about the xbox license.

I rather not want to have a wireless headset because I dont like charging and the battery life will decrease over time. So that leave me with two options:
    1. Wired, 3.5mm into the Xbox series x controller
    2. Wired, usb, into the Xbox series X

I checked the microsoft store and there are only 2 compatible series X headsets. Both wireles.

Do you know any wired Xbox series X headset? That is compatible with the series x? I prefer USB but have to go 3.5mm otherwise.
  3. KALEEF Win User

anyone help me my wireless headset is stuck on port 2 and wont sync to port 1

Turn off and disconnect all controllers from the Xbox 360 and disconnect the wireless headsets from the controllers.

Connect the wireless headset to the Xbox 360 using the USB cable. Turn on the wireless headset.

Sync the headset to quadrant 1 by pressing the "Connect" button on the on the Xbox 360. Then press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset for two seconds. Do not continue to press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset, as this will change the
    quadrant to which it is connected. If the headset now works without the controllers attached, the problem must be with one of your controllers. If the headset still does not work, then the problem is with the headset.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

One S headsets

Well, if you need a wireless headset, I recommend this one Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox as it is compatible with Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
  6. VyYen Win User

Is Xbox Series X Controller compatible with Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ?

Hello there guys, just wanna ask if the Xbox Series X Controller is compatible with the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ?

Also, is there gonna be a newer version of the wireless adapter for Windows 10 destined for the Series X controller ?

Thanks.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X wireless headset/controller disconnect issues - Similar Threads - Series wireless headset

2. Xbox Series X Wireless Headset audio lag during cutscenes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Headset audio lag during cutscenes: Does anyone else have an issue where their Xbox Wireless headset will constantly skip and lag audio during game cutscenes? I first noticed it with Psychonauts 2 and thought maybe it was just that...
  3. Series X Wireless Headset suddenly no audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Wireless Headset suddenly no audio: This is a brand new headset. Maybe a week old. All of a sudden I get NO audio. No dashboard audio. No game audio. However my party chat still works just fine and I can hear just fine. I even still...
  4. Series X Wireless Headset no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Wireless Headset no sound: Worked perfect for the last few days since I bought it. Now I get no sound from it. I hear the headphones action tones but no game sound or menu sound etc. I’ve tried every audio setting. Hard...
  5. Problems with the official wireless headset of Xbox Series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with the official wireless headset of Xbox Series X/S: I have the oficial new Wireless Headset for Series X/S but ran into the known issue that after a time playing on my Xbox Series X, the headset sound starts to stutter. I start playing on my XBOX...
  6. Razer Kaira Pro Wireless Headset Audio Issues [Xbox Series S]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razer Kaira Pro Wireless Headset Audio Issues [Xbox Series S]: I've recently purchased the Razer Kaira Pro wireless headset (for Xbox Series S) and have noticed recurring audio issues. During a game loading screen or when there is a lot happening on screen,...
  7. Microsoft wireless series headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless series headset: Hi all! Today I received my anticipated wireless series headset. Being extremely curious for the sound quality I instantly tried connecting the headset via bluetooth to my phone and listened to...
  8. Series X and wireless Headsets issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X and wireless Headsets issues: Good morning, I had the new Wireless Headset for my Series X but ran into the known issue that whenever I wouldn't use the controller for like 20 seconds the sound started to stutter. As soon as...
  9. Two Xbox Wireless Headsets one Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xbox Wireless Headsets one Xbox Series X: I am apartment living and I was wondering if I could connect two Xbox wireless headsets to the same console for watching movies? If it is possible, would we be able to use the microphones so we...
  10. Xbox Wireless Headset Mixer out of sync with Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Mixer out of sync with Series X: Latest preview update in Group Delta. The Xbox Wireless headset mixed is horrible out of the sync with the console. On launch by default the console will have the party volume max, despite the...