Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either

Discus and support Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Anybody have this issue?? A have tried everything!! fcac589e-5e09-4d16-8763-bdd72d1396d8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndresArrieta Amell, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either

Anybody have this issue?? A have tried everything!!

:)

AndresArrieta Amell, Nov 14, 2020
  2. GabrielD
    GabrielD New Member
    I have the same problem.
    Is anyone having a wifi connection problem in the 5GHz frequency range?
    My Xbox Series X even connects to the 5GHz frequency. However, do not access the internet. In 2.4GHz it is already conquering the internet. I have other devices, including the Xbox One that connects without problems at 5GHz.

GabrielD, Nov 14, 2020
  3. der Metatron Win User

Xbox one x losing nat with reboot

Yeah I should not, but the X is not working as intended!

The total randomness continues. Today I could not connect to XBL and I tried the workaround with the DNS and it did not work. No DNS Server was found 0.0.0.0. Then I unplugged the LAN Cable and connected to my WiFi, did not work either. Then I clicked on
    DNS automatic and suddenly I was connected and had a open NAT. Then I plugged in the LAN cable and I got the same result.
  4. skys7 Win User

XBOX NEXT

I think some day it will all be about Streams: we won´t have discs anymore. But don´t know if that will already happen with the next Xbox. I still think the internet connections of most people won´t work out for that yet.
  5. FleecyDuke Win User

: Xbox 360 DNS Server Problem

Try to connect to the internet/xbox live with a LAN cable.

Or...

---Google DNS and Port

DNS1 - 8.8.8.8

DNS2 - 8.8.4.4

Port - 3074 (you might need to open this first via port forwarding / uPnP
    in the router settings)

If the Xbox still doesn't connect; Hard reset it with LAN cable connected to the internet. Make sure you use the right LANport of your router.

*You can also try to connect with the WPS function

It's always possible the xbox's Wi-Fi receiver isn't functional anymore (broken)

Have a nice day, hope this works ..
  6. IainRossi Win User

Slow Download Speeds

Did you manage to fix the connectivity issue? My Series X constantly drops connection to xbox live/internet despite an ethernet cable being used.
  7. ErikLawson Win User

Unable to send or receive messages

Thanks for the reply. I can safely rule out any connection issues. I have two different WiFi connections, 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz connections, it doesn't work on either one and my console is in the same room as my router.

But to be thorough, I have also tested with Ethernet and I have the same issue. Internet speed is 200 Mb download, 25Mb upload.

Also, the messaging on the Android app doesn't work on my 4G data connection either.
Thema:

Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either

1. Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either - Similar Threads - Series won’t connect

2. Series X won’t shut off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won’t shut off: So I recently purchased the Xbox series X upon opening it and getting set up it was smooth and flawless as I begin my day interacting with the series X no issues whatsoever. The next day was a...
  3. Xbox series x won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t turn on: Just gotnmy console last ifht at 6pm played for four hours, turned it off and went to bed. Now this morning it wont turn on again, ive tried to do the internal power reset but that did not work ,...
  4. Game trailers won’t play past 11 seconds on Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game trailers won’t play past 11 seconds on Xbox series x: Anyone having the same issue? Game trailers wont play past 11 seconds or sometimes wont load at all in the microsoft store in my xbox series x. Getting really annouying, wont be buying a game when...
  5. Series X won’t recognize disc game want me to buy digital copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X won’t recognize disc game want me to buy digital copy: Disc version of call of duty modern warfare wont play it keeps prompting me to purchase game even though there is a disc of the game in the xbox and everything is installed i dont understand why ?...
  6. Xbox Series x won’t play games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series x won’t play games: I got my series X yesterday. When i try playing any game wether it be assassins creed from disc or gears of war download. It will not get passed the start screen. At times it will turn my screen...
  7. Series X won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won’t turn on: Totally bummed right now. Waited what felt like forever and after finally getting my console set up i started playing a game for about 45 minutes. The console shutdown mid game, and it wont turn...
  8. Xbox Series X won’t connect to Comcast Router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won’t connect to Comcast Router?: My Xbox Series X refuses to connect to my Comcast Router. Anyone else having this issue? My Xbox One X worked fine. d8afe856-1c76-4f1f-a30a-f9ee0d016075
  9. Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet...: Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... I just got my Xbox Series X and it wont connect to my 5GHZ wireless connection, only my 2.4GHZ one. Anyone know how to fix it? I never had this...
  10. Series x shut off while playing AC and won’t turn on left it off for a few hours and...

in XboX Insiders
    Series x shut off while playing AC and won’t turn on left it off for a few hours and...: [IMG] submitted by /u/itzmaveriic [link] [comments]