Xbox series X won’t connect to my router

Discus and support Xbox series X won’t connect to my router in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey all I picked my new series x today and it will not connect to my router. It connects to my phones hotspot with no issue! The Xbox has the message... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Deebs97, Dec 5, 2020.

1. /u/Deebs97
    /u/Deebs97 Guest

Hey all I picked my new series x today and it will not connect to my router. It connects to my phones hotspot with no issue! The Xbox has the message “cannot get an IP Address” anyone having this issue? Would love any suggestions that might help, I’m not a tech guy so please dumb it down for me as best as possible because I’m a moron. Appreciate any advice

submitted by /u/Deebs97
    [link] [comments]

/u/Deebs97, Dec 5, 2020
  2. ThomasHilger Win User

Gamer Tag transfer.

No, this won´t work.

The Xbox One doesn´t support external HDD´s yet. You have to join Xbox Live with your gamertag, after that you can download your gamertag on the Xbox One. Can´t you connect your Xbox 360 with a wire to your router? If not you can use a Xbox 360 of a friend
    with an internet connection.
  3. DiablosVert Win User

Can't connect and strange Error Status Report Messages

Hello Taidara,

Nope - just a weird power outage!

It see's the wireless connection - it just won;t connect to xbox live.

I get a screen about resetting the router and then one about port forwarding!

No corruption also!
  4. Cayde817 Win User

Xbox Series X Mobile Hotspot Connectivity Issues

Im having the exact same issue! except with it being the wireless connection to the router itself. No other devices are playing up, except my Series X. I have only found a handful of people with the same issue and sadly no answers, apart from running a
    ethernet cable directly from the series x to the router. Maybe a wifi hardware issue?
  5. skys7 Win User

XBOX NEXT

I think some day it will all be about Streams: we won´t have discs anymore. But don´t know if that will already happen with the next Xbox. I still think the internet connections of most people won´t work out for that yet.
  6. THEOWENKILLER Win User

unknown error from IW servers ?????

they won`t be fixing it.

it will be a connection problem
Thema:

1. Xbox series X won’t connect to my router - Similar Threads - series won’t connect

2. Won’t turn on for series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won’t turn on for series x: Ive been using it for just over 2 weeks and tonight it just shut off on its own twice within yhe course of 10 mins. It turned back on, then on the 3 time everytime i hit the power button it make...
  3. Xbox series X won’t load games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X won’t load games: Hey, ive bought an xbox series x and most of my games keep crashing everytime i load into them. Even though they are the X/S versions it still crashes. Ive talked to microsoft teams and everything...
  4. Xbox series x won’t connect to 5ghz

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x won’t connect to 5ghz: When I first set it up it worked fine till one day it just stopped and to this day it won’t connect to my 5ghz wifi, but it still connects to my 2.4 ghz wifi. Is anyone else experiencing this?...
  5. Xbox series x won’t display picture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t display picture: I tried setting my xbox to 1440p and aparrently my monitor doesnt support it. The screen is just black so i need help setting it back to lower settings. The monitor is 165h. I really dont know...
  6. Xbox Series X won’t turn on after randomly shutting down

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X won’t turn on after randomly shutting down: I just started up Gears 5, and the console ran the game for a minute before it completely turned off. Now every time I click the power on button, it flashes once, makes a weird clicking noise, and...
  7. I want to exchange my series x because updates won’t fix it.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to exchange my series x because updates won’t fix it.: Ok guys I’ll bite on replacing my Xbox series x but keep this in mind. They’ve changed stuff around at support to where they’re not giving out the number. I also don’t want them to repair it. I...
  8. Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either: Anybody have this issue?? A have tried everything!! fcac589e-5e09-4d16-8763-bdd72d1396d8
  9. Xbox Series X won’t connect to Comcast Router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won’t connect to Comcast Router?: My Xbox Series X refuses to connect to my Comcast Router. Anyone else having this issue? My Xbox One X worked fine. d8afe856-1c76-4f1f-a30a-f9ee0d016075
  10. Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet...: Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... I just got my Xbox Series X and it wont connect to my 5GHZ wireless connection, only my 2.4GHZ one. Anyone know how to fix it? I never had this...