Xbox Series X won't do 4k 120 htz

Discus and support Xbox Series X won't do 4k 120 htz in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm using my series X with a new Sony XR65X90J, it has HDMI 2.1 supporting 4k 120 htz, but the xbox won't let me select both. I've tried multiple 8k... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Avory, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Avory
    Avory Guest

I'm using my series X with a new Sony XR65X90J, it has HDMI 2.1 supporting 4k 120 htz, but the xbox won't let me select both.

I've tried multiple 8k HDMI cables with no luck.
    I've tried playing around with the settings in the TV as well with no luck.
    Please help!

:)

Avory, Nov 25, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Press and hold the console power button until the console turns off, remove the HDMI cable and power cord from the console for about 1 minute. After 1 minute plug everything back in, turn on the console and try again.

Also, check if your TV's firmware is up to date and it is possible that not all HDMI ports on your TV have 120hz support, check which port supports 120hz.

If the problem still persists reset the console to factory defaults, you won't lose anything but you will need to log in with your account again. Email and password are required.

Follow this path and select reset keeping games and app.

In 5 to 10 minutes you will finish reconfiguring your console

To reset the console>

Settings> System> Console Info> Reset Console

***Do not reset your console without having your account email and password.***
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

: Xbox serie x 120 FPS TV Samsung 55TU8005

hi i would like to have 120 fps on my tv with my serie x , i take yu a screenshot of settings tv, i dont understand why in settings xbox they dont proposed 120 fps at 4k but i can play 120 fps at 1080p ?
    You won't get 120 fps on that TV, as it's only a 60hz display, 60hz = 60 fps at most

To get up to 120 fps at 4K, you need a TV that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1 ports and again your TV only has HDMI 2.0 ports, but most games on the Series X are locked to 60 fps at 4K,

Something like the LG CX is the best TV to get at the moment, and that's a TV that can go 4K at 120hz,

A 60hz display = up to a maximum of 60 fps

A 120hz display = up to a maximum of 120 fps.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series x

@Robin H 25

While 4K 120Hz may sound nice, you'll not see it in games.

To get the true benefit of a high refresh display is to actually run the games at the same frame rate as the the refresh rate. The Series X maybe a powerful console, but won't play the latest games @4K 120.
  5. cpt sheridan Win User

Xbox series s

To a degree you don't need a tv that supports HDMI 2.1 to play supported games 120 FPS.

I bought a 4k/HDR LG tv about three years ago and it's HMDI 2.0 but it doesn't support 120FPS at 4k but if I went into the settings of my Xbox Series S and X and changed the resolution from 4k to 1080p I can then set FPS to 120 as my consoles tell me I can play 120 FPS games at 1080p.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

HDMI 2.1, 4K 144hz Gaming Monitor's for Xbox Series X

The spec's of the LG 27GN950 monitor has been revealed and the monitor will only have HDMI 2.0, which now makes it useless for the Xbox Series X as it will only allow it to run the display at 4K 60Hz over HDMI 2.0, than the 4K 120Hz that can be done over
    HDMI 2.1.

I've now abandoned the LG monitor for not having HDMI 2.1, and I'm now looking towards getting the EVE monitor.

The EVE SPECTRUM is now the only choice at the moment as a 4K 144hz monitor with HDMI 2.1 and it will be perfect for the Series X to get 4K at 120Hz.
    None of that makes a much of a difference as you WON'T be playing any AAA games at 4K at 120 FPS. A 4K 120Hz display won't make a blind bit of difference if a game is locked at 60 fps. And many of the launch games will still be 30 fps games.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X won't do 4k 120 htz - Similar Threads - Series won't 120

2. Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series X Won't Load Instagram in Web Browser

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series X Won't Load Instagram in Web Browser: I can't get the Instagram website to load while using Microsoft Edge on my Xbox Series X. Every other website loads just fine. I've tried every trick you can suggest to fix this. I've cleared my...
  3. Back 4 Blood won't install - Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Back 4 Blood won't install - Xbox Series X: I have a physical copy of Back 4 Blood for my Series X. It does install, but nothing appears for an update. When I try to play, it says "Update Needed" - "You need this update, but we can't get it...
  4. Back 4 Blood - Won't Install / Update Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Back 4 Blood - Won't Install / Update Xbox Series X: Hi there, I have a physical copy of Back 4 Blood, installs as expected but won't launch on my Xbox Series X. It keeps saying "Update Needed" - "You need this update, but we can't get it at the...
  5. Xbox Series X Halo Edition won't turn on

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Halo Edition won't turn on: Hi, I received freshly my Series x halo infinite edition yesterday. I was able to play 4 hours until an outage (power cut in my house) intervened. Since this moment, the xbox won't turn on. I...
  6. Xbox series XS controller won't connect to my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series XS controller won't connect to my PC: It says it can connect wirelessly and i've seen people connect it wireless but for some reason I can't connect it wireless. My bluetooth version is 5.2 and my OS build is 19044.1348. From what...
  7. New Xbox Series X controller won't connect to PC. Connects via Bluetooth, but not through...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series X controller won't connect to PC. Connects via Bluetooth, but not through...: Ideally I would prefer the controller to be connected through USB-C. I have tried using a cable, and going to the Xbox accessories app, but the controller does not appear. When I plug the...
  8. Xbox Series X won't run at 120 frames per second, but Xbox One X does?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't run at 120 frames per second, but Xbox One X does?: I have an Acer XFA240 that I've been using for my Xbox One X and it would run it at 120 frames per second with the VRR as well. When I hook up the xbox Series X with the HDMI that came with the...
  9. My Xbox Series X Won't Run at 120 Hz (Acer Nitro VG271 144Hz)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X Won't Run at 120 Hz (Acer Nitro VG271 144Hz): I am unable to use 120Hz on Xbox Series X. I have Acer Nitro VG271 144Hz (HDMI2.0/2.1). Works perfect on my computer with Asus RX 480 8GB. What can I do? 73ecbe2d-417a-4b0f-b1f7-aabec85f5862
  10. My Xbox Series X Won't Run at 120 Hz (Acer Nitro VG271 144Hz)

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Series X Won't Run at 120 Hz (Acer Nitro VG271 144Hz): I am unable to use 120Hz on Xbox Series X. I have Acer Nitro VG271 144Hz (HDMI2.0/2.1). Works perfect on my computer with Asus RX 480 8GB. What can I do? 3050c348-ffd3-45b2-a612-1a0a723822f2