Xbox Series X won't turn on via controller after a complete shutdown

Discus and support Xbox Series X won't turn on via controller after a complete shutdown in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi community, I am opening this post because it does not fit the ones already opened about similar issues. Long story short, I always perform a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Whiiiskyy1989, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Xbox Series X won't turn on via controller after a complete shutdown

Hi community,

I am opening this post because it does not fit the ones already opened about similar issues.

Long story short, I always perform a complete shutdown into my console, and then I switch off the power supply (Australia socket).

I notice tho, after a complete shutdown, it is not turning on with the controller like used to happen with my One X, I need to press its power button.

If I turn it off via a controller which in practice does not really shut down the console, everything works fine.

I have "save energy" mode on but it feels like it is still using "instant on".

All updates applied and there is no other known issue at the moment

Thank you

:)

Whiiiskyy1989, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Whiiiskyy1989 Win User

I decided to wait and it turns out the console itself takes 10-12s to respond to the controller.

One X was taking what 3s so for me something was not right.

I will leave this post here anyway just in case.
  3. MikaelMcIvor Win User

Series x turning on after shutdown

well you seem to be the only person that actually has a series x right now so chill, and count yourself as lucky. everyone else's orders are screwed up
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
  5. Vitaly Titov Win User

Xbox one X turning off after start up.

Hello,

I’ve been having the same issue for the last couple of months.

My Xbox One X console is not in the Insiders program (afaik).

It shutdowns almost every time I try to wake it up after turning it off normally with a controller a day earlier.
  6. MarcoAraujoSantos Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
    Muito obrigado pela resposta! Era exatamente o que eu queria saber.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X won't turn on via controller after a complete shutdown - Similar Threads - Series won't turn

2. Got my Series S today, it won't turn on.

in XboX Insiders
    Got my Series S today, it won't turn on.: I played DS3 on it for a bit and in the middle of playing it shut off. I turned it back on but after a few minutes it tuned off again, and now when I try to power it on nothing happens. It plays...
  3. Xbox Series X - loud spark and then burn smell; won't turn on now

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - loud spark and then burn smell; won't turn on now: Hello, I was playing on my Xbox Series X when I heard and saw visually a loud spark come from the console. It immediately shut off and won't turn on again. There is a burning electrical smell...
  4. Xbox series x won't turn on after power outage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won't turn on after power outage: My xbox series xbox won't turn on after outage it sounded like a transformer blew and power went off for a second everything else was fine but the xbox and tried unplugging already...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 won't turn on: I dont know what had happened and I cannot find any forums on solving this issue. I held down the power button to turn off both my xbox and controller and when I go to use my controller it now...
  6. My xbox series S suddenly won't start games properly and just freezes and turns itself off.

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox series S suddenly won't start games properly and just freezes and turns itself off.: There isn't any updates or anything I have updated all games and there isn't a system update. submitted by /u/robjmcm [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox Series X turns on but won't start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns on but won't start up: Hello everyone! When I turn on my Xbox Series X (after many hours off) the led button is turning on but the fan doesn't spin and after 1 minute the led turn off. After 3 or 4 times the console...
  8. Xbox series x won't turn on correctly with controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won't turn on correctly with controller.: Hi all. I've got the problem that maybe the communitycan help with. When I try and turn my xbox series x on with the controller the power button on console flashes on and off just like the...
  9. Xbox Mobile app won't turn on My xbox Series X

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Mobile app won't turn on My xbox Series X: [img] I go in every Morning hit green startup My console button and the above comes up every time Why ? My setup Xbox series X and Kindle Fire 8 HD running Latest version of the Xbox app that I...
  10. Series X Power light won't turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Power light won't turn off: [img] This is my Series X when it is turned off. Regardless of whether it is left in Instant On or Power Saving mode, the light refuses to switch off. Problem started a couple of weeks ago but as...