Xbox service and account recovery

Discus and support Xbox service and account recovery in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ok. let me explain the situation. I have a old account that was banned 5-6 years ago. its an old, inactive account. i have the login information on it.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by M40A3Joke, May 12, 2019.

1. M40A3Joke
    M40A3Joke Guest

ok. let me explain the situation. I have a old account that was banned 5-6 years ago. its an old, inactive account. i have the login information on it. i want to recover the gamertag from it. but when i sign into xbox live to change the gamertag, i am unable
    to since it is banned. i would like to request either 1-temporary suspension of the suspension of the account in order for me to change the gamertag and free it up to use on my current account. or 2-reset the account gamertag like what you do with the old
    inactive accounts. this account is old and inactive. I want to free the gamertag. I do not want the account unbanned, i do not care about the account. i just want to free the gamertag to use on my current account. i contacted support on this, and they basically
    ran away when i asked to speak to a higher up. legitimately i asked to speak to the manager, and spoke with him. i asked for contact info on someone higher up than him, and he said "sorry, we got disconnected. unfortunately we will be unable to escalate this.
    have a good day" (case service number for this chat for our reference. 1471317811) i sure dont appreciate you ignoring me and not solving my problem. all i want to know is, i know you guys can reset old and inactive accounts, and i want to speak to someone
    who has the power to reset my old and inactive account so that i can get the gamertag for it. it is my account, i have the sign in information for it. I do not see the issue here and want to speak to someone that can make this happen.

someone please contact me in regards to this.

throwaway email- alt.j1-0fdjzsl@yopmail.com

honestly just go to this doc to see the full mess that this is.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hWdVjqBfkenzZG4a6ec7cO09T3ddCT4Lexf_P3xxCu4/edit?usp=sharing

:)

M40A3Joke, May 12, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

There is a "new" (since I think 2016 or something around that) policy in place regarding stale Gamertags.

If you didn't sign into your account for more than 5 years, the associated Gamertag will automatically be changed to something else and will be free to be used again.

However, if you sign into your Microsoft Account, the 5 year time will be reset.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Customer services can not help with accounts that have been suspended or banned permanently.

I am pretty sure that once an account has been permanently banned the associated gamertag is locked to it.
  4. Geordieb77 Win User

Try ringing customer service.
  5. Puppy Fujo Win User

There is a "new" (since I think 2016 or something around that) policy in place regarding stale Gamertags.

If you didn't sign into your account for more than 5 years, the associated Gamertag will automatically be changed to something else and will be free to be used again.

However, if you sign into your Microsoft Account, the 5 year time will be reset.
    I am pretty sure that isn't the case with an account that is permanently suspended. The suspension even though permanent actually has an end date really far in the future which prevents the account from having it's gamertag recycled. There is nothing that can
    be done here.
  6. Puppy Fujo Win User

Unfortunately that gamertag is forever locked to the account. There is no way to speak to Xbox Enforcement to unlock the account and therefore no way to change the gamertag associated with the account. Unfortunately there is no one else you can speak to
    that will be able to change it for you. This is one of those situations that cannot be changed.
Thema:

1. Xbox service and account recovery - Similar Threads - service account recovery

2. issues with customer service concerning microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    issues with customer service concerning microsoft account: Once again I am being asked to verify my account before i can log into my xbox live account. I know all the login info, but do not have access to the phone as i just switched to another carrier...
  3. How to bypass "An error has occurred with the call of duty account service" in call of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to bypass "An error has occurred with the call of duty account service" in call of...: Imagine buying a call of duty: black ops 4 for black out and end up with "Error has occurred with the call of duty account service". Restarting xbox one won't fix it. Creating new call of duty...
  4. Xbox services not working for my account or Xbox in general

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox services not working for my account or Xbox in general: Right now I'm having problems with my account and Xbox. It is very slow when loading everything and sometimes won't even load the home screen on the Xbox. I can log onto my account but I can't...
  5. unsuspending suspended account - Service not available, please try again later

in XBoX Accessibility
    unsuspending suspended account - Service not available, please try again later: My other account got temporarily suspended because it started sending spam or junk mail. So the solution to unsuspend it is by putting In my phone number and Microsoft will send a security code....
  6. Hacker Admitting to abusing Network services including unbanning his account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hacker Admitting to abusing Network services including unbanning his account: I would like to report a hacker who has admitted to unbanning his own account through a service he paid money for, under the name Zicky Dice as the gamertag. He admitted this on Overwatch Xbox one...
  7. Xbox Account Services - its the worst

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Account Services - its the worst: I spend $50 today on an Xbox gift card. It was so hard to figure out how to put it on my account, that was my first frustration My second was worse, I realize the email I signed up with was old...
  8. Gold Xbox account but no online Gold service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gold Xbox account but no online Gold service: Dear reader, I just bought a Gold live account. It indicates that i have a gold version until 11-11-2018. But every time I want to go online I have to buy a gold version and can play online....
  9. There is someone using my account as the main one, so I can not enjoy the services of xbox ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is someone using my account as the main one, so I can not enjoy the services of xbox ...: Has someone using my account as main, and so I can not enjoy the services of xbox live gold and I want to reset the main xbox count aacba016-706a-45d4-8150-3ba0bbc9b013
  10. I paid my service and they suspended my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I paid my service and they suspended my account: Just that simple. I paid my suscription with PayPal but for any reason it's like i'd never paid. I don't know what to do. This is annoying because it doesn't even let me pay again or anything to...