Xbox services app and administrator privileges.

Discus and support Xbox services app and administrator privileges. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I payed for a subscription I have not been able to use because the xbox app on my computer claims I am not the administrator and will not let me do... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DVBurnsII, Jun 29, 2022.

1. DVBurnsII
    DVBurnsII Guest

I payed for a subscription I have not been able to use because the xbox app on my computer claims I am not the administrator and will not let me do anything. It says I need to install an extra component and that I need to be the administrator. I am the only administrator on my computer as far as I can tell but sometimes when I turn on my computer it does seem like someone else has been using it. Either way the xbox app doesn't work so my money was wasted. The xbox support page won't let me do anything, I have tried all my options and all it says is that I can post to the community but I don't see how the community will be able to give me a refund or technical support on xbox services.

:)

DVBurnsII, Jun 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

When you open Xbox gamepass app, it is not asking you to install the gaming services?

If not, try this:
    Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”
    In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN” (without "")
    Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown.
  3. DVBurnsII Win User

I do not see any application called gaming services.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate

Do you think maybe your computer has a virus?

Let's try first some things:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (if optional updates appears, install those too);

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then do this as soon everything's is updates (if you're prompted to restart your PC please do it):

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset, open the app and try again.

If the issue persists could be nice perform an in-place upgrade:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  5. DVBurnsII Win User

That fix using "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers" in power shell worked. However due to some issues with my ethernet adapater I had to reinstall windows. The same problem came about where xbox application would not function without that update. So I did the same exact thing, ran powershell as admin, entered the aforementioned string of text, and it produced no results. I also cannot find xbox gaming services in the microsoft store searching for it on my own.
  6. DVBurnsII Win User

To answer your question, no it was not doing that.
    I ran in powershell both of those commands. It appears to have fixed the problem.
    However powershell wants an update via this link https://aka.ms/PSWindows
    Is
    powershell not a windows component that should be updating automatically through windows store and windows update settings page?
Thema:

1. Xbox services app and administrator privileges. - Similar Threads - services app administrator

2. Gaming services app on pc is getting corrupted(even after re install)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services app on pc is getting corrupted(even after re install): The gaming services app is showing 0KB size in apps. Repair and reset doesn't work. Uninstalling through powershell and re installing via xbox app/ms store works for a while but, the app reverts...
  3. Xbox gaming services app is corrupted, Showing 0 Bytes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gaming services app is corrupted, Showing 0 Bytes: [img] As you can see in the above picture, the app is clearly corrupted. Repair and reset doesnt work. Also tried unistalling from powershell command and reinstalling from the wstore, its...
  4. Games and Gaming Services not installing on xbox app for windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games and Gaming Services not installing on xbox app for windows 11: When I click on powerwash simulator to install it, it autoinstalls then says "Queued(1/1)" even though I don't have anything else installing. Also, whenever I try to install the gaming services it...
  5. Xbox services seems to be not working properly, making Xbox App and Minecraft Launcher...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox services seems to be not working properly, making Xbox App and Minecraft Launcher...: When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 everything was working fine. Until few weeks later, I noticed the Xbox services and Xbox App were missing! I did reinstall them from the Microsoft...
  6. Xbox app flashes 3 times when trying to sign in and without any xbox services in services.msc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app flashes 3 times when trying to sign in and without any xbox services in services.msc: Versions Xbox: 2205.1001.6.0 Gaming Services: 3.65.8001.0 Xbox Game Bar: 5.722.5052.0 And I don't find any xbox services in services.msc I tried almost every method I've found on internet but...
  7. Gaming Services app opens when trying to launch Forza Horizon 5 on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services app opens when trying to launch Forza Horizon 5 on Windows 11: When I try and launch Forza Horizon 5 via the Xbox app on Windows 11, the game won't open; the Gaming Services app on the store opens instead. I've tried resetting and repairing the game, the Xbox...
  8. XBOX app and gaming services service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX app and gaming services service: I have games pass for pc, recently I am unable to install games when I attempt to install any game the prompt opens but lists no locations for me to install. uninstalling the gaming services...
  9. Xbox Windows App Won't Download Games (Can't uninstall gaming services through powershell)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Windows App Won't Download Games (Can't uninstall gaming services through powershell): Hello, My xbox app wont download any games on PC. I have tried to update my windows. I have tried to delete gaming services via powershell (steps below). But I get 0x80070002 error. vvvvvv...
  10. X Box App + games + gaming service broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X Box App + games + gaming service broken: So I am very frustrated with this issue and I tried literally anything I could find anywhere on the web. Explaining the issue and what I already tried will take a while so please bear with me.....