Xbox shows game refunded, account shows purchase completed

Discus and support Xbox shows game refunded, account shows purchase completed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I preordered MW a few weeks ago, last week or so I went to cancel my preorder as I was going to repurchase tonight. Well the $65 came out of my account... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CaptivityOG, Oct 27, 2019.

1. CaptivityOG
    CaptivityOG Guest

I preordered MW a few weeks ago, last week or so I went to cancel my preorder as I was going to repurchase tonight. Well the $65 came out of my account and my microsoft account shows the transaction as "completed" NOT "refunded". I cannot launch the game,
    it did however install weeks ago in advance. Upon trying to start it the Xbox says "This content has been refunded or your preorder was canceled" Which it was suppose to cancel, however the transaction went through and shows completed on both ends. (Microsoft
    and my bank account). Ive contacted Activision support, they said it was Microsoft issue so here I am. The money has already been taken so Id rather just be able to download it and play it rather then go through the refund process and rebuying it. Ive uninstalled
    the game to see if reinstalling would help (as instructed by Activision help desk) and now the xbox doesn't register that I've purchased the game and wants me to rebuy it. Any help is appreciated.

:)

CaptivityOG, Oct 27, 2019
  2. CaptivityOG Win User

How can I talk to an actual agent? The automated system has given me zero help, I've exhausted all resources up until this point.

I found the actual chat, apparently you have to talk to the robot enough for it to recognize it cannot help you. So I'll be getting a call in two hours...awesome right..
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi CaptivityOG,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your pre-order for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Please use the
    Contact Us portal so an agent can assist with viewing your account and orders to ensure to purchase is properly recognized on your account.

I hope this helps.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Refund not received

In your order history does it still show the game purchase as being complete or does it show as being refunded?

If it is still showing as complete then you would need to contact xbox support again to find out what happened.

If it is show as refunded the money would go back on to the payment instrument that originally purchased the game. I know paypal can take up to 30 days for them to show back on your paypal account.

If it is showing as refunded in your purchase history then it is out of MS hands at that point and up to your bank to put the money back into your account.

You can look at your order history by signing into the account that purchased the game at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Game Disappear from my account

When you look at the order history at account.microsoft.com what does the status show:

Completed: sale completed and should still have the license on that account.

Refunded: sale was refunded for some reason and you would need to purchase again. This is why it is showing that you do not have the license.

Charged Back: This means the purchase was disputed with your bank and MS gave the money back to your bank and took the license for the game away from the account because of this. This would be another reason that it would show that you need to purchase again
    in the MS store.

If it shows the sale as completed in the order history and showing that you need to purchase the game again in the store that means that you are not signed into the same account at both places.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox one Halo: Master chief collection has gone missing??

If it shows that you need to purchase it or enter a code in the store that means the account you are signed into does not have the license for it.

This could be caused by a couple different things.

1. It was purchased on a different account.

2. It was refunded for some reason.

If you are signed into the account that you believe purchased the game then you can double check the purchase history by signing into the account at account.microsoft.com and looking at the order history there and it should show you whether the purchase
    is still showing as completed or refunded or what the status of the order is currently.
Thema:

1. Xbox shows game refunded, account shows purchase completed - Similar Threads - shows game refunded

2. Xbox PC Game Pass - Game not showing up

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC Game Pass - Game not showing up: I got a message for the new games released to the game pass, it said that Subnautica was available for console and pc. I see the download on my console, but I don't see it on the Xbox app for my...
  3. I have been invited to use Xbox Project Xcloud streaming, but it wouldn't show me any game.

in XboX Insiders
    I have been invited to use Xbox Project Xcloud streaming, but it wouldn't show me any game.: submitted by /u/DPforums [link] [comments]
  4. The audio controller on game bar only shows the master volume and not the game or any other...

in XboX Insiders
    The audio controller on game bar only shows the master volume and not the game or any other...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MoralesProject [link] [comments]
  5. Purchased games not showing I own them.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased games not showing I own them.: I've purchased rd2 on the Microsoft store on release and deleted it to make room recently. I've gone to download it back to play it and its telling me I dont own the product. I cant find any help...
  6. Xbox beta app on PC shows no devices/locations to install games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox beta app on PC shows no devices/locations to install games: Trying to install gears 5 via PC xbox beta app. When it get to the final page with the install button on it, the button is grayed out. Drive space required says "unknown" no drives are visible...
  7. Slowish download speed on games etc, network test shows very fast? More in comments.

in XboX Insiders
    Slowish download speed on games etc, network test shows very fast? More in comments.: [IMG] submitted by /u/ilovmyselfalot [link] [comments]
  8. Redeemed Fortnite Dark Vertex bundle not showing up in game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Redeemed Fortnite Dark Vertex bundle not showing up in game.: Now I don't own and xbox, but I got the controller and redeemed the code with my live account, which is connected to my Epic account, but the skin isn't showing up in game. I reached out for help...
  9. A game which I preordered never showed up in my library.

in XBoX on Consoles
    A game which I preordered never showed up in my library.: Hello, Last year I preordered the new fallout game, fallout 76. The beta was working fine and I looked forward to getting the fully released game. When the day came, I looked in my library at my...
  10. asphalt8 game i was playing but now there is not showing my car we purchased token money...

in XBoX on Windows
    asphalt8 game i was playing but now there is not showing my car we purchased token money...: i am playing asphalt 8 last two years and earned lots of thing while playing but now every thing not showing will you help pls 2ffa05d9-1f63-46dd-ae98-084073095123