Xbox shuts off after a few seconds

Discus and support Xbox shuts off after a few seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox had been working fine. I was playing a game and some images weren't displaying. Usually, you just wait a minute and they load. I tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CarlRood, Feb 9, 2019.

1. CarlRood
    CarlRood Guest

My Xbox had been working fine. I was playing a game and some images weren't displaying. Usually, you just wait a minute and they load. I tried to navigate to another part of the game and it appeared to freeze. I then went to try and reboot the Xbox,
    but I couldn't navigate Xbox menu. After a few minutes, the game appeared to come back, so it may have just been running slowly. However, I still couldn't navigate the Xbox menu.

I then unplugged the console and plugged it back in. Now, when I try to turn it on, the light comes on for a few seconds and then turns off. The light on the power supply turns amber.

:)

CarlRood, Feb 9, 2019
  2. CarlRood Win User

That appeared to be temporary at best. When I tried to go to the My Apps and Games menu, it was blank and I couldn't get it to switch back to TV. This was only about 5-10 minutes after the successful reboot. I tried the power supply reset. No good.
    Now there's something really weird. The amber light is on the power supply despite it not being plugged in to either the wall or the Xbox.
  3. CarlRood Win User

I tried both suggestions. I tried the reset, on the console, but I'm not sure anything happened since the light was off the whole time. The console had been off for a while, so it wasn't warm, but I blew out the dust with an air can. I also did the
    power supply reset. It booted, but it ended up in a frozen state. I got the "Hi" message with my name and then got an incomplete screen. I could see the name of the last game I played, but no image. Trying to access the menu from a button on the controller
    just dimmed the screen. Pressing again undimmed the screen.

I powered off again and the problem occurred again. I only did the power supply reset and also plugged into a different outlet. Now it booted normally. I haven't tried playing a game, but I can now watch cable TV through the HDMI pass through
  4. Jurgen1488 Win User

Your Xbox is probably overheating. It will be good to clean it at least from dust. Either give him a cleanup or service.
  5. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Carl,

Thank you for reaching out. If you haven't already, please check out our
    Power Supply solution
    for some quick and easy troubleshooting steps. If you are able to get it back on and are still experiencing those freezing issues, look into performing a

factory reset
    while keeping your games and apps. Let us know how it goes! :D
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Carl,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the Xbox One shutting off.

For any device issues, I would recommend to
    contact Customer Support
    for further assistance or visit the Device service and Repair
    site.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with
    any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
Thema:

1. Xbox shuts off after a few seconds - Similar Threads - shuts off few

2. My Xbox Will turn on momentarily then Shut off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Will turn on momentarily then Shut off: So Im an avid gamer im 16 and usually do all nighters playing xbox with my friends. Ive been having a issue for about a month where my xbox will turn on Normally with the power on sound then about...
  3. Xbox One X abruptly shuts off during gameplay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X abruptly shuts off during gameplay: I can cruise the menus forever. Look at game clips. Browse Game Pass etc. However, once I load a game it quits quite soon after gameplay has started. By "quits" I mean it fully shuts off -...
  4. Xbox 1X Twitch shutting off system

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 1X Twitch shutting off system: Any other issues of Twitch crashing system to shut down, being unable to turn on with controller, requiring button on system to be pushed? Happened twice this morning, never prior. submitted by...
  5. Problem with controller Xbox button symbol light that’s shutting off on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with controller Xbox button symbol light that’s shutting off on its own: I have noticed an issue with my controller light where the Xbox button is on my controller I was watching a movie useing the shudder app things were working great. then suddenly I looked where the...
  6. Any ideas on how to stop my Xbox one X from shutting off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any ideas on how to stop my Xbox one X from shutting off?: Over the last month and a half my X randomly shuts off while I’m playing online. I touch the console and it is cool or room temperature. Upon boot up it says it shut off due to over heating. The...
  7. Xbox 360 slim star wars edition shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim star wars edition shuts off: so when i was younger, i would always leave the xbox 360 on and now, because of that probably, my xbox shuts off after a few moments (not always the same time) and i checked, the cable is fine and...
  8. Xbox One S keeps shutting off when my son is playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S keeps shutting off when my son is playing: My son is getting frustrated with our Xbox One S randomly turning off while he is playing. The console is not overheating (it is still quite cool to the touch when it happens, sits in the open -...
  9. Xbox one 1TB, powers on for a few seconds then shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one 1TB, powers on for a few seconds then shuts off: I've got 2 Xbox one 1TB, and both of them have the same problem. They power on for a few seconds then shuts off, I've tried a power brick from a working Xbox one, and still have the same problem...
  10. Xbox one won't play games and shuts off a few minutes after turned on, no power!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't play games and shuts off a few minutes after turned on, no power!: Our Xbox one has been shutting off, completely disconnected from power...no lights on bar or console..dead as dead...this only happens when we attempt to play a game whether it is on disc or...