Xbox shutting down during apply update

Discus and support Xbox shutting down during apply update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I try to update the October update, it will download and verify, and as soon as it starts to apply the update, the system shuts down and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EricFolbrecht, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Xbox shutting down during apply update

Every time I try to update the October update, it will download and verify, and as soon as it starts to apply the update, the system shuts down and will not start until I wait awhile. It is not overheating as it has at the same place each time and I have
    move the unit into the open. Because of this issue my xbox is unusable. Help!

:)

EricFolbrecht, Oct 27, 2019
  2. k1Helix z Win User

Any chance you're using any USB hard drive or something with your console?
  3. k1Helix z Win User

4. EricFolbrecht Win User

Yes, I have a USB ssd drive. I tried installing with and without the drive attached and no luck.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox doesn't turn off - light blinking

If the console is shut down and the power light "pulsates", the console is doing some background "cleaning up". For example uploading savegames to the cloud, or finishing a system update.

Just recently, the May Update was released to the general public, and it might be, if your console is in power saving mode instead of Instant On mode, that the console is busy applying the update during shutting down.

Let the console run for at least 30 Minutes (depending on your Internet speed), and check if the console is still running after that time.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

PC Restarted during XBox One controller update & now bricked?

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend trying to update it on a Xbox console if the PC is not reading it at all. As with any update if it is shut down during the process it will cause it to be corrupt.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox shutting down during apply update - Similar Threads - shutting down during

2. Xbox one X Shutting Down During Boss Fight

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X Shutting Down During Boss Fight: I need help here, i have a Xbox one X playing Borderlands 3 on the new DLC bounty of blood and im farming the last boss for new equipment, anyway, i can farm for about 30minutes then my xbox shuts...
  3. X box one S shuts down during game load

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one S shuts down during game load: I have a problem with xbox one S, when is loading the games it shuts down. I done the reset last night nothing changed, it s well ventilated not overheated not covered the fan is not dusty. It’s...
  4. My xbox one x shuts down when loading multiplayer or just during a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one x shuts down when loading multiplayer or just during a game: My xbox one x shuts down when loading multiplayer or just during a game. It happens alot with Borderlands 3 and modern warfare ? I have cleared cashe but still happens?...
  5. Xbox one shutting down during boot splash screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one shutting down during boot splash screen: Hi yesterday afternoon i restarted my Xbox one s all digital and as soon as the Xbox logo boot splash screen came up it shut down leaving my controller guide button LED blinking i hope this wasn't...
  6. My Xbox One X crashes and shuts down during the games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One X crashes and shuts down during the games: Hello, My Xbox One X crashes and shuts down during the games. I bought the device in early 2018 and meanwhile I made the mistake of putting it in a rack. The rack had a significant rear opening...
  7. Xbox One shutting down during Mixer and Twitch broadcasts

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One shutting down during Mixer and Twitch broadcasts: During the latest updates released for Xbox One, the console started shutting down and restarting itself while streaming on Mixer and Twitch and my friends have reported the same issue. They...
  8. Xbox One S freezes and shuts down during the game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S freezes and shuts down during the game: It's been going on for a while, that my Xbox One S console freezes (makes some weird noise 5-7 sec) then shuts down. Sometimes it takes 30 min from the time I start playing. I've tried all...
  9. Xbox one X stuck/froze during shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X stuck/froze during shut down: hey everyone, first i want to say ive had my one x for like 4-5 months never had any power issues with it untill today when i got done playing i went to settings to do a full shut down cause i...
  10. Xbox one X crashes and completely shuts down during cutscenes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X crashes and completely shuts down during cutscenes: This issue started with Darksiders 3. I was fighting Gluttony and half way through the fight there's a cutscene. My xbox would shut off during this cutscene every time I tried. I did a hard reset...