Xbox shutting down during apply update

Discus and support Xbox shutting down during apply update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I try to update the October update, it will download and verify, and as soon as it starts to apply the update, the system shuts down and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EricFolbrecht, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Xbox shutting down during apply update

Every time I try to update the October update, it will download and verify, and as soon as it starts to apply the update, the system shuts down and will not start until I wait awhile. It is not overheating as it has at the same place each time and I have
    move the unit into the open. Because of this issue my xbox is unusable. Help!

:)

EricFolbrecht, Oct 27, 2019
  2. k1Helix z Win User

Any chance you're using any USB hard drive or something with your console?
  3. k1Helix z Win User

4. EricFolbrecht Win User

Yes, I have a USB ssd drive. I tried installing with and without the drive attached and no luck.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

PC Restarted during XBox One controller update & now bricked?

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend trying to update it on a Xbox console if the PC is not reading it at all. As with any update if it is shut down during the process it will cause it to be corrupt.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. John James Cummings Win User

My xbox one randomly restarts itself for no reason?!?

My Xbox one is shutting down randomly and going from YouTube to a game, I've reset it keeping account as suggested still happening.

You'd think fault logs would be generated if it's software and an update applied.
Thema:

1. Xbox shutting down during apply update - Similar Threads - shutting down during

2. My Xbox One X crashes and shuts down during the games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One X crashes and shuts down during the games: Hello, My Xbox One X crashes and shuts down during the games. I bought the device in early 2018 and meanwhile I made the mistake of putting it in a rack. The rack had a significant rear opening...
  3. Xbox One shutting down during Mixer and Twitch broadcasts

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One shutting down during Mixer and Twitch broadcasts: During the latest updates released for Xbox One, the console started shutting down and restarting itself while streaming on Mixer and Twitch and my friends have reported the same issue. They...
  4. Xbox One S freezes and shuts down during the game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S freezes and shuts down during the game: It's been going on for a while, that my Xbox One S console freezes (makes some weird noise 5-7 sec) then shuts down. Sometimes it takes 30 min from the time I start playing. I've tried all...
  5. Xbox one X stuck/froze during shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X stuck/froze during shut down: hey everyone, first i want to say ive had my one x for like 4-5 months never had any power issues with it untill today when i got done playing i went to settings to do a full shut down cause i...
  6. Xbox one X crashes and completely shuts down during cutscenes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X crashes and completely shuts down during cutscenes: This issue started with Darksiders 3. I was fighting Gluttony and half way through the fight there's a cutscene. My xbox would shut off during this cutscene every time I tried. I did a hard reset...
  7. my computer shuts down during game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my computer shuts down during game: Hi, recently i have tried to play the game sea of thieves on two computers with windows 10, forming a crew. In one of them, the game makes the computer shuts down by itself after some time has...
  8. Initial xb1 set up/console shuts down during update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Initial xb1 set up/console shuts down during update: initial xb1 install of new console. The console seems to be on a timer and after WiFi connected the console wants to update. One hour into this process at about 40% complete the console shuts...
  9. Xbox Overheating and Shutting Down during 2-4 Player Rocket League

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Overheating and Shutting Down during 2-4 Player Rocket League: My Xbox One works flawlessly playing Rocket League with one player. When I connect multiple players, the system eventually shuts down and feels very hot. It is fairly well ventilated but had the...
  10. Xbox One S Randomly Shuts Down During Gameplay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Randomly Shuts Down During Gameplay: So, my Xbox One S decides to shut down during random moments of gameplay. The games that are affected by this is WW2 and Destiny 2. For Destiny 2, I can't get passed the cutscene where the Ghost...