Xbox Slim does not recognize built-in wi-fi?

Discus and support Xbox Slim does not recognize built-in wi-fi? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Xbox Slim,which can connect to internet without needing a Wireless Networking Adapter, but I'm having a problem with that, when I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GabCintraBR7, Sep 1, 2014.

1. GabCintraBR7
    GabCintraBR7 Guest

I have a Xbox Slim,which can connect to internet without needing a Wireless Networking Adapter, but I'm having a problem with that, when I try to connect to Xbox Live, it appears the message that Xbox could not connect.Then I try to surve the problem,
    then it appears Wired Network ot Wireless Network, when I press Wireless Network it tells me to connect the adaptor, which would not be necessary, because Xbox Slim comes with a built-in wifi...

:)

GabCintraBR7, Sep 1, 2014
  2. Kcin Werdna
    Kcin Werdna Guest
    Nat type problems

Im running wired my nephew is using the direct built in wi-fi adapter inside of the new slim xbox 360

Kcin Werdna, Sep 1, 2014
  3. sLiMzZzZz
    sLiMzZzZz Guest
    xbox live

extra info its a xbox slim built in Wi-Fi so do you think that might be the problem?maybe the Wi-Fi in the xbox is broke aaaaaa I don't know what to do

sLiMzZzZz, Sep 1, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Greetings Gab!

It sounds like a genuine hardware error, with the internal wireless network adapter being faulty.

Try the following method up front, before you request a repair for your console at:
    myservice.xbox.com.

Unplug your console's power supply and leave the Xbox powered off for 10 minutes and then reconnect everything back again.

Post back and let us know how that goes.

taidara, Sep 1, 2014
  5. taidara Win User

Greetings Gab!

It sounds like a genuine hardware error, with the internal wireless network adapter being faulty.

Try the following method up front, before you request a repair for your console at:
    myservice.xbox.com.

Unplug your console's power supply and leave the Xbox powered off for 10 minutes and then reconnect everything back again.

Post back and let us know how that goes.
  6. sLiMzZzZz Win User

xbox live

extra info its a xbox slim built in Wi-Fi so do you think that might be the problem?maybe the Wi-Fi in the xbox is broke aaaaaa I don't know what to do
  7. Kcin Werdna Win User

Nat type problems

Im running wired my nephew is using the direct built in wi-fi adapter inside of the new slim xbox 360
  8. Photonimus Win User

Trying to connect my xbox 360 to the internet on my desktop computer having problems

If the wi-fi is yours, not borrowed from a neighbor, and you have a newer model slim xbox, then you can link to your wireless network via the built in wireless adapter.
  9. AndrewBocanegra Win User

My Connection won't work

Hello,

What Xbox 360 console do you have specifically? Only the Xbox 360 S (Slim) consoles have integrated wireless adapters. If you are getting the "connect an Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter to your console" error, then you most likely have the Original model of the
    console.

Also, who is your ISP, and are you using a router? If you are using a router, make sure the router is compatible with the Wi-Fi that Xbox 360 S' have.

(Taken from the consoles page) The Xbox 360 Slim model has:

Built in Wi-Fi: The new Xbox 360 is the only console with 802.11n Wi-Fi built in for a faster and easier connection to Xbox LIVE. Download or stream HD movies, TV episodes, and games from Xbox LIVE Marketplace in 1080p and 5.1 surround sound from anywhere
    in the house (compatible with b/g/n networks).

If your router is not compatible/does not send or receive 802.11n, then you won't be able to use that router for Xbox LIVE.
Thema:

1. Xbox Slim does not recognize built-in wi-fi? - Similar Threads - Slim does recognize

2. XBOX 360 Slim - starts but doesn't get to dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Slim - starts but doesn't get to dashboard: Nice booting and shows initial swirl screen and then the circle of death. It will sit there doing nothing. Can hit home button and get the dashboard menu up and access a couple menu items. Most...
  3. xbox 360 super slim apagando a tela [Translate] Super Slim Xbox 360 deleting screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 super slim apagando a tela [Translate] Super Slim Xbox 360 deleting screen: My super slim Xbox 360 turns on and a few seconds later it though it stays with the green light on the screen image disappears. And after that it just shuts off by unplugging the power cord. What...
  4. we got this xbox one slim console housing

in XboX Insiders
    we got this xbox one slim console housing: [IMG] https://i.redd.it/0p2b0kful2p31.jpg submitted by /u/egamephonecom [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim?: Wireless controls for Xbox 360 are quite expensive on official stores, and i unfortunately do't know if the Xbox 360 Slim has a slot (At the front or back panel) for regular Xbox 360 wired...
  6. XBOX 360 Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary game does not work in my XBOX 360 Slim after 2018 ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary game does not work in my XBOX 360 Slim after 2018 ...: June 16, 2018. The remastered XBOX 360 Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary video game does not work in my XBOX 360 Slim console. Every time I put the disk it tells me unrecognizable disk and every...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.: Recently my Xbox has been temperamental about what it runs. Currently it only runs Music CD's and on the occasion a game. Although, it does not read the games from start-up. Whenever it recognizes...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim disk tray won't open or close. But does close on startup!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim disk tray won't open or close. But does close on startup!: Hi all, I recently bought a second hand Xbox 360. It has a slight problem though: When I try to eject the tray (by button or by menu-option) the system says 'opening'... and then acts like the...
  9. 360 Slim does not recognize transfer cable to an Elite hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim does not recognize transfer cable to an Elite hard drive: I bought a 250 GB Slim last night because my Elite red ringed on New Year's Eve after 7 years of use. I hooked up the Elite 120 GB drive to the transfer cable and plugged it into the back of the...
  10. Does an xbox one power cable work on an xbox 360 slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does an xbox one power cable work on an xbox 360 slim?: Was just wondering because they both look the same f2effd45-d601-4db3-aba2-92aca55657ae