Xbox smells like a chemical smell..

Discus and support Xbox smells like a chemical smell.. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had the xbox series x for 5 days now. I've noticed a slight chemical smell and thought it was just normal with new electronics. It's the 5th day... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryank1983, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Ryank1983
    Ryank1983 Guest

I've had the xbox series x for 5 days now. I've noticed a slight chemical smell and thought it was just normal with new electronics. It's the 5th day and the smell is filling up my room and is becoming unbearable. Does this smell eventually go away? I've never had an electronic smell this long before. Hoping it goes away..

:)

Ryank1983, Mar 5, 2021
  2. SFA OK Win User

Game manuals.......or lack of

I never read them anyway.

Its actually the manual that adds to the majority of the new game smell. Due to the chemicals used in the printing process.
  3. gameshoes3003 Win User

Why Don't You Buy Used Games?

Say, did you know that the chemical for that "new car smell" is the same thing they put into ping-pong balls?

Seriously, cut open a ping-pong ball and take a whiff.

No, it's not toxic.
  4. Doomofman Win User

Could we see RAM upgrade announcement for Gamescon?

The inside of a new blu-ray box smells awesome, hope the One games have that too. New electronics just smell awesome. Smells like victory haha
  5. Dark destiny Win User

Could we see RAM upgrade announcement for Gamescon?

I like smelling new things, my kindle case i bought still has the factory fresh smell, nothing like that new smell.

Although I don't smell the foam and things I do love the new smell of things, I don't think its been updated though

I don't savour unboxing though, get it out and plug it in, turn the box upside down and shake it!
  6. COD 2 HALO Win User

What's the first thing you'll do when you get your Xbox One?

[quote user="HaloJolly"]

Okay is smelling the Xbox something like smelling a new car?

I have seen people do that.

I can´t understand it but oaky if this is all it means :p

[/quote]That smell of new factory plastic and wrapping is like stepping into a sneaker store or new car and getting that new freshness smell!!!! I might go as far as too say it is like the smell of a new marker or gasoline!!!! You know what I also like is
    the feel off the box unopened. Nothing like the seconds before opening that fresh new box/toy...
    OH MY!
Thema:

1. Xbox smells like a chemical smell.. - Similar Threads - smells chemical smell

2. Xbox Series X Smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Smell: Hey guys I’ve picked up my series X this past Saturday and I must’ve played it a handful of times for only like two hours and for some reason whenever I would go towards the fan up on top of the...
  3. Xbox one s controller burning smell.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s controller burning smell.: I bought my son an xbox one s last Christmas and the controller stopped working a few months later. I gave him my backup and it sat for a while. Anyway when you plug the controller in with...
  4. Xbox series X smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X smell: got my xbox seires x a little bit ago and after couple days use it starting smelling like smoke when i got close to the top of the console and i wanted to know if this is a bad thing or not(no...
  5. Xbox series x smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x smell: I got my xbox seires x a little bit ago and after couple days use it starting smelling like smoke when i got close to the top of the console and i wanted to know if this is a bad thing or not(no...
  6. Xbox One X exhaust exceeding 80c and smelled of burning plastic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X exhaust exceeding 80c and smelled of burning plastic: (To summarize only youtube is allowing my xbox to run insanely hot and not running the fan) I read responses to other questions about heat concerns and they always stated the One X will shut down...
  7. Xbox Controller Smells Burnt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Smells Burnt: Hi Microsoft, so i had this controller since the begining of this month, the controllers pretty good until it smelt burnt and it would'nt work. I was hoping for a replacement....
  8. Xbox controller smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick: My xbox gave a prompt that the battery was low then I started to smell burning plastic after that the controller won't power on with new batteries or through a USB cable. Has anyone recently run...
  9. Xbox smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick: My xbox gave a prompt that the battery was low then I started to smell burning plastic after that the controller won't power on with new batteries or through a USB cable.Has anyone recently run...
  10. Xbox One S- Smelling like burning wires/plastic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S- Smelling like burning wires/plastic: Console is about 2 years old, and started to smell of burning wires today. Always well ventilated. Increased use due to COVID-19. Any suggestions? ea3d9140-d874-4fa3-8d0a-60afcade12ac