Xbox software (OS) not functionng correctly - buttons and apps not launching

Discus and support Xbox software (OS) not functionng correctly - buttons and apps not launching in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone else had any issue with their Xbox One OS not working? When I restart my console it works fine for a while but when I turn the xbox off... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DavieD, Sep 9, 2019.

1. DavieD
    DavieD Guest

Has anyone else had any issue with their Xbox One OS not working?

When I restart my console it works fine for a while but when I turn the xbox off then back on I can't get any apps or settings to launch. I can see the buttons initiate a response as if they were going to launch but nothing happens. the only thing I can
    do is go between menus on the home page and press the Xbox home button to go back to the homes screen. Nothing else works.

:)

DavieD, Sep 9, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there DavieD

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for advice on how to work with a console that is acting unexpectedly like this. I can definitely understand how this could be pretty discouraging.

Are you able to get to Settings? If you are, is it connected to your network with an open NAT type?

I suggest trying what we call a soft factory reset of the console. However, you might get stuck if you are not connected to a network. Once you have made sure that you are, and that you have all the sign-in information for any of your accounts (as they will
    need to be redownloaded), follow the steps outlined in
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games & apps.

When you get the chance, let us know a little more about the situation and give those steps a shot if you can.

Much Thanks!
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hi, power the Xbox off by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds, then pull the power cord out of the Xbox and leave it out for a couple of minutes. Reconnect the power cord and power the Xbox on again using the power button on the Xbox and
    see how things go from there.
  4. GrinningBread92 Win User

Screen flashes trying to start apps of games

What the issue is, is the OS gets corrupted when you attempt to launch an app or game, it tries to launch but gets stuck. Only solution to it is reload the OS and wipe the hard drive clean.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Elite controller app

The "Xbox Accessories" app should be permanently included with the OS, and it shouldn't be removable by the user.

You can find it through the settings.

• Go to "All Settings"
    • Go to "Kinect & Devices" on the left side.
    • Select the tile that says "Devices & Accessories" on the right side.
    • Select your controller.
    • Go to "Button Mapping"
    That should launch the "Xbox Accessories" app (with the joystick icon).

Hope this helps!
  6. DominumStige Win User

NFL Gamepass

Hi!

Try using the new
    Xbox (Beta) app
    . You'll be able to download and launch the contents. Also check that W10 is correctly updated.
Thema:

1. Xbox software (OS) not functionng correctly - buttons and apps not launching - Similar Threads - software functionng correctly

2. Malicious Software through infected websites on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Malicious Software through infected websites on Xbox One?: Hello, I wonder if you can get malicious software on Xbox One while browsing with Micrososft Edge? Sometimes I visit some websites that may be infected or unsecure. Probably like many people do....
  3. Beendigung der Software weil ein Fehler aufgetreten ist

in XBoX on Consoles
    Beendigung der Software weil ein Fehler aufgetreten ist: Ich istIch habe seit ca.2 Monaten das Problem, das wenn ich minecraft auf meiner Switch öffnen will ich immer rausgeworfen werde mit dem Hinweis es sei ein Fehler aufgetreten. An der Software kann...
  4. Unable to connect to server. Software update failure.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to connect to server. Software update failure.: While streaming in xbox video, service cut out. Error code popped up and told me software update failure. Was forced to shut down XBox One and now I am unable to use my online services. Please...
  5. How to reinstall the control software already turns on after updating

in XBoX on Windows
    How to reinstall the control software already turns on after updating: Good, my Xbox One controller tried to update it through the "Xbox Accessories" application in windows 10 and I got an error and the controller was not updated, and it does not turn on. How to...
  6. game software blocked

in XBoX on Windows
    game software blocked: [img] my euro truck simulator game was blocked and it is not working. please help me on how to resolve this. 27ea1093-8b09-46b0-803f-55e2a22b7f3e
  7. Xbox Game Pass for PC (beta) -- Any word on when Microsoft will fix this software?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC (beta) -- Any word on when Microsoft will fix this software?: Hello, Some games simply refuse to install through the Xbox (beta) app. I got the Game Pass for PC a little while back at the recommendation of a coworker because of the low price and revolving...
  8. GAMERS WITH LARGE LIBRARIES ONLY! Missing software/purchase history glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GAMERS WITH LARGE LIBRARIES ONLY! Missing software/purchase history glitch: Do NOT REPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE READ THE ENTIRE POST! This is NOT a thread for moderators or the support team to post their mediocre "back-pocket" answers in. Only to observe... Also as stated in...
  9. : Failing to update xbox 360 software

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Failing to update xbox 360 software: : Failing to update xbox 360 software Hi SM Enayet Mahmood, Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing issues with updating your console. You may want to try Clearing your Xbox 360...
  10. Most recent software update won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    Most recent software update won't load: Hi community. I'm trying to get a 2015 X-Box 360 to update to the latest software. The automatic update that it loaded doesn't include things like the Microsoft Store in the task bar. I've tried...