Xbox software (OS) not functionng correctly - buttons and apps not launching

Discus and support Xbox software (OS) not functionng correctly - buttons and apps not launching in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone else had any issue with their Xbox One OS not working? When I restart my console it works fine for a while but when I turn the xbox off... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DavieD, Sep 9, 2019.

1. DavieD
    DavieD Guest

Has anyone else had any issue with their Xbox One OS not working?

When I restart my console it works fine for a while but when I turn the xbox off then back on I can't get any apps or settings to launch. I can see the buttons initiate a response as if they were going to launch but nothing happens. the only thing I can
    do is go between menus on the home page and press the Xbox home button to go back to the homes screen. Nothing else works.

:)

DavieD, Sep 9, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there DavieD

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for advice on how to work with a console that is acting unexpectedly like this. I can definitely understand how this could be pretty discouraging.

Are you able to get to Settings? If you are, is it connected to your network with an open NAT type?

I suggest trying what we call a soft factory reset of the console. However, you might get stuck if you are not connected to a network. Once you have made sure that you are, and that you have all the sign-in information for any of your accounts (as they will
    need to be redownloaded), follow the steps outlined in
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games & apps.

When you get the chance, let us know a little more about the situation and give those steps a shot if you can.

Much Thanks!
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hi, power the Xbox off by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds, then pull the power cord out of the Xbox and leave it out for a couple of minutes. Reconnect the power cord and power the Xbox on again using the power button on the Xbox and
    see how things go from there.
  4. zmaster2XXX Win User

Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

Are there any pending updates? OS or software? Sometimes those prevent launching.
  5. GrinningBread92 Win User

Screen flashes trying to start apps of games

What the issue is, is the OS gets corrupted when you attempt to launch an app or game, it tries to launch but gets stuck. Only solution to it is reload the OS and wipe the hard drive clean.
  6. FirstSelvinB7 Win User

Cannot run when using a elite controller

Maybe you haven't set the buttons correctly in the xbox accesories apps
Thema:

1. Xbox software (OS) not functionng correctly - buttons and apps not launching - Similar Threads - software functionng correctly

2. I found this bug in the setting (I have xbox beta preview for software updates)

in XboX Insiders
    I found this bug in the setting (I have xbox beta preview for software updates): [IMG] submitted by /u/SuperParthz [link] [comments]
  3. Software gift recipient hasn't received his email or code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Software gift recipient hasn't received his email or code: Several days ago I purchased Age of Empires 2 DE and he says he hasn't received it yet. Can I ask for a re-send or else find out some other way if it was maybe sent but possibly is not in his...
  4. Two questions about the xbox one system software.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two questions about the xbox one system software.: My xbox one S isn't currently able to connect to the net, because all I have atm is unlimited mobile data and no hotspot access My questions are, A. Is there a spot in the settings somewhere...
  5. I'm scared to go up to a higher ring out of fear of losing data, broken software that I...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm scared to go up to a higher ring out of fear of losing data, broken software that I...: As the title says, I'm not so sure about going up to the next ring (beta) out of fear that it might break in an unfixable way. Is this an irrational fear, or is that a thing that happens? I'm...
  6. How do I replace an Xbox One X hard drive? Without causing damage or getting software issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I replace an Xbox One X hard drive? Without causing damage or getting software issues?: It seems like for research, I want to upgrade my capacity of internal storage because I am tired of having to delete games to install other ones, I want to upgrade my XBOX One, not just my Xbox...
  7. HardDisk交換時のXBOX ソフトの扱いについて -[Translation - Handling of XBOX software when replacing HardDisk]

in XBoX on Windows
    HardDisk交換時のXBOX ソフトの扱いについて -[Translation - Handling of XBOX software when replacing HardDisk]: HardDiskをHDからSSDに交換するのですが、ソフトのインストール・セーブデータの 所が分からないし移動できるかも分からない。 交換前にソフトをアンインストールして交換後に再インストールすれば良いの。 セーブデータは勝手に再認識してくれるのですか? -[Translation - I exchange HardDisk from HD to SSD, but I don't...
  8. Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel Installation Software (and/or drivers)

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel Installation Software (and/or drivers): I know this is probably not the correct place to post this but it is the only place that was close. I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel for PC that been in storage for a number of...
  9. Software error update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Software error update: I have an xbox one, i just did a factory reset (saved all my games and apps) it has me connect to wifi, and then proceeds to check for updates. its keeps saying error. The wifi connection is good,...
  10. Cant seem to download and of the OSU offline software updated\

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant seem to download and of the OSU offline software updated\: get to like 60% the what do uk it crashes and i havent had a single living person to help me because in reality how does an animated answering machine gona know what im saying yet alone help me...