Xbox - some gaming monitors will not display 2K 120hz - can MS add 144hz?

Discus and support Xbox - some gaming monitors will not display 2K 120hz - can MS add 144hz? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have an AOC 2K 144hz gaming monitor, my monitor will not allow 2K 120hz as it does not support that mode so my xbox can not see it - I am fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Neocoombs, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Neocoombs
    Neocoombs Guest

Hi

I have an AOC 2K 144hz gaming monitor, my monitor will not allow 2K 120hz as it does not support that mode so my xbox can not see it - I am fine with that.

But as 144hz is not a million miles away from 120hz could MS not simply allow 2K at 144hz on the xbox this would greatly help xbox gamers who bought a 144hz monitor thinking it would also do 120hz?

My monitor was £450 for me to buy the same spec monitor 2K 120hz it would cost me another £450. This is a heavy cost on gamers who have made the mistake I have who only want to play their xbox games at the best visual and performance possible.

:)

Neocoombs, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Pauldwin Win User

Unable to 120Hz at 1440p Even Though Monitor Supports 144Hz at 1440p

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-120hz

This article clearly states Xbox add 120Hz for 2K or 1440p, but why is it that I cannot get it to enable on my AOC AGON HDR 32in monitor?
  3. mr olr Win User

Xbox one video/ resolution issue

So the Xbox will not do 144hz. You can increase your refresh rate to 120Hz for 1080p and 1440p resolutions. Your display must support 120Hz
    over HDMI. Be careful as a lot of monitors only support higher refresh rates on the Display port and not on HDMI.

My advise would be to set the monitor at 60hz 1080p.
  4. Pauldwin Win User

Unable to 120Hz at 1440p Even Though Monitor Supports 144Hz at 1440p

I think it's a known Xbox One X issue with 1440p 144Hz monitors. I found an article that said that if your monitor isn't specifically a 120Hz monitor that it won't be recognized by the Xbox. If this is true, it would be fantastic to get a fix at some point
    from Xbox because a lot of people are opting into 2K 144Hz options.
  5. KILL3R N4SH Win User

Xbox Series X and LG Class UltraGear 27GL850-B can't get 1440p with 120Hz - "This refresh rate isn't supported with your current resolution"

Hi,

I have the same monitor. The reason why you can't go to 120Hz at 1440P is because the LG 27GL850 tops out at 100Hz over HDMI at 1440P. This is why you can only do 120Hz at 1080P on this display.

My reasons for owning this monitor a little different to yours, it's main use is for my gaming PC which is connected via Display Port. Only on DP can this monitor reach its full potential.

Unfortunately, this is common issue amongst most monitors and we are getting quite a few questions on here with the same issue. Most Monitors have most of their full features reserved for Display Port.

The picture quality at 1080P is still stunning on this display though.
    Thanks for the response!

That's annoying. I've heard that some people were able to get this monitor to run at 1440p 120Hz by disabling Adaptive Sync in the monitor settings.

I disabled Freesync premium in the Game Adjust menu and then tried but it still didn't work for me.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox one x wont run at 125hz unless at 1080p

Hi,

The max refresh rate on One S and X is 120hz, but to get there you need a monitor or TV that supports it and supports it over HDMI. Some displays only support this over display port.

The S3220DGF doesn't support 120hz at all, only 60 and 144hz and the 144hz is only over Display port.

Best suggestions is find a monitor you like the look of and google its online manual PDF. You're looking for 120hz over HDMI. Remember that this is the
    vertical refresh rate.

Also be sure 1440P is 2560x1440 as this is a 1440P monitor, Xbox does not support ultra wide displays.

look at online reviews, manuals and YouTube vids of your display. Shouldn't go wrong with that.
Thema:

1. Xbox - some gaming monitors will not display 2K 120hz - can MS add 144hz? - Similar Threads - gaming monitors display

2. XBox One: No Game play audio when using monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One: No Game play audio when using monitor: Ive recently got a monitor to connect to my Xbox One by HDMI. It does have speakers as well a 3.5 Jack out, which i then plug into my old school RCA amp. Videos and sounds from the Home screen...
  3. HDMI 2.1, 4K 144hz Gaming Monitor's for Xbox Series X, Part 2 update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI 2.1, 4K 144hz Gaming Monitor's for Xbox Series X, Part 2 update.: This is a post I first started, about the first 4K 144hz HDMI 2.1 Gaming monitors, that will be ideal for Series X to get that 4K 120hz, link down here......
  4. Best Gaming Monitor 144hz, 1MS Response for Xbox Series X @ 120HZ

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best Gaming Monitor 144hz, 1MS Response for Xbox Series X @ 120HZ: Hi, I hope you can help me as PC World live chat was unable to and had referred me onto yourselves. I am looking to purchase a 144hz, 1MS Response Time monitor. The one I want to purchase needs...
  5. My Gaming Monitor Doesn’t Support 120Hz?

in XboX Insiders
    My Gaming Monitor Doesn’t Support 120Hz?: I recently bought the Series X and a gaming monitor to go with it. It claims to have 144Hz but on the 4K tv details it says my tv setup doesn’t support 60&120hz. Can anyone explain this for me?...
  6. Xiaomi 34" widescreen gaming monitor issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xiaomi 34" widescreen gaming monitor issues: I have an xbox one x + xiaomi 34" 24:9 widescreen which supports 4k and 144hz. 1. 120hz is only available for 1080p, but even this comes with a glitchy screen. Only one half of the screen is...
  7. HDR won't display on gaming monitor (VESA-certified HDR 600)

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR won't display on gaming monitor (VESA-certified HDR 600): I have an HP monitor model 3BZ12AA which is DisplayHDR™ 600 and Freesync enabled. My Xbox one X will detect freesync just fine but it says it doesn't support HDR for gaming or video. There's no...
  8. I need help buying a gaming monitor for the 1X.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help buying a gaming monitor for the 1X.: Like the title states. I need help. I’m looking to purchase a gaming monitor for the 1X but am not sure if I should be emphasizing VRR@60hz or 10 bit HDR. I’m honestly not sure if both of those...
  9. Gaming monitor not working at 120 hz 1440p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming monitor not working at 120 hz 1440p: I got an aoc aoc agon aq24qx and after reading through previous threads, i know xbox had an issue with supporting any monitors that doesn't have default 120hz refresh rate. I still have the same...
  10. Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor: Hi Everyone, I have been trying to connect my X1X to a ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ monitor, unfortunately so far I am only able to achieve 1080p 120hz or 1440p 60hz, I have tried the standard HDMI...