Xbox sound issues

Discus and support Xbox sound issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox updated after I left this morning, was good before i left but now my sound is all distorted. Sound is normal when the xbox logo first appears but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bradlake1, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Bradlake1
    Bradlake1 Guest

Xbox sound issues

Xbox updated after I left this morning, was good before i left but now my sound is all distorted. Sound is normal when the xbox logo first appears but once it hits the home screen my audio makes a weird noise and everything sounds distorted. Its
    like this for my surround sound and also my Astro headset. Unplugged everything and then plugged back in, didnt fix the issue.

:)

Bradlake1, Aug 18, 2019
  2. KarlFeld Win User

No sound/sound issues

i have the same issue. ihave replaced all of the cord, drained the power from my xbox, tv, and cable box. ihad the cable guys out and replace my box. the problem persists sonow ithink it is the update. help?
  3. {Parity} Win User

No sound/sound issues

What troubleshooting steps have you been through to try to resolve the issue? If you haven't already tried a hard reset then hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the console shuts down completely then wait for a couple of minutes
    and power it back up. See if that resolves the issue. Let us know.
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox sound issues

Hello Brad,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns the audio quality from your Xbox One console.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to follow our troubleshoot sound on your Xbox One console support article. The article
    itself discusses when you have no sound, but the steps are similar to correcting audio issues on your console.

What is also recommended is to attempt plugging the HDMI cord into a different HDMI port on your television.

Try this out for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox sound issues

Hi Bradlake1,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your console's sound. You may want to try adjusting the Audio Output settings for your console. To do so visit
    Settings>Display & Sound>Audio Output

There, you'll want to try different HDMI audio and Headset Format settings to see if a difference is made.

Please let us know how this goes.
  6. Bradlake1 Win User

Xbox sound issues

Ive tried the troubleshoot guide, changing ports and changing wires but nothing fixed it.
Thema:

Xbox sound issues

1. Xbox sound issues - Similar Threads - sound issues

2. Sound issue with game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound issue with game: Anyone had issues with The Crew 2 sound not present after game starts? 4c567615-2d22-46b4-bff6-2c1520db4563
  3. Issues with party chat sound

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with party chat sound: There basically two issues that I have in the xbox party daily and for a long time: (1) party echo: I can hear the echo of my voice on my friends mics. I did some research and discovered that...
  4. Xbox one X sound issues and video issues at the same time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X sound issues and video issues at the same time: Just this. All of this. Hard reset does not fix and unplugging all USB's does not fix. Anyone ever have this issue? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37QySCn4Zio 7bb971a3-c568-4754-9f46-e914a44d1c7e
  5. XBox issue with sound and video

in XboX Insiders
    XBox issue with sound and video: My Xbox has started playing sound and video at what appears to be double speed. It is not just the apps but the sounds when navigating the user interface. Has anyone seen this before? What's the...
  6. Xbox One X: Chat Mixer/Sound Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X: Chat Mixer/Sound Issues: Chat mixer on xbox one does not work properly, No matter what setting it is on i can still hear voice and game sounds the same. If i have it set all the way to game sounds i can still hear the...
  7. Xbox sound issue after update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox sound issue after update: Xbox updated after I left this morning, was good before i left but now my sound is all distorted. Sound is normal when the xbox logo first appears but once it hits the home screen my audio makes a...
  8. Repeated sound issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Repeated sound issues: I have repeatedly lost all sound on Xbox One (since new). I try everything suggested..check/change settings, new HDMI cable, new port, etc., except the "soft reset" (I haven't tried because most...
  9. Streaming Fortnite using Twitch app from Microsoft store - sound issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming Fortnite using Twitch app from Microsoft store - sound issues: Hi all, Doing a search on these forums I've seen some people having problems with different games - when playing with non-Xbox friends they oter participants voice is not heard on the stream....
  10. Xbox One Forza Horizon 4 sound issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Forza Horizon 4 sound issue: I have been have audio issues with forza horizon 4 where all of the audio seems to have a stutter or a cut off every 3 seconds or so. Is it a bug that hasn't been fixed or is it some sort of...