Xbox: Special needs Son needs a feature for him NOT to see the profile pictures of others

Discus and support Xbox: Special needs Son needs a feature for him NOT to see the profile pictures of others in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi there, my son is a special needs boy on the autism spectrum. He has been enjoying FH5 until when one of the updates to FH5 started having the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by kiatchan7, May 29, 2022.

1. kiatchan7
    kiatchan7 Guest

Xbox: Special needs Son needs a feature for him NOT to see the profile pictures of others

Hi there,

my son is a special needs boy on the autism spectrum. He has been enjoying FH5 until when one of the updates to FH5 started having the game show "profile pictures" of players on the flags flying at Festival Sites.

As he was previously traumatised by some ugly contents on profile pictures on the internet (unrelated to FH5), he is now extremely sensitive to any profile pictures anywhere. He will be tripped into various obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd) whenever he is now exposed to "profile pictures".

Since that update on FH5, he has been playing less of the game, and avoiding areas near to any of the Festival Sites whenever he plays.

We are trying to help him strike a balance between playing FH5, and him avoiding seeing the profile pictures on the flags at the Festival Sites.

We contact Forza Support, who suggests there may be Xbox settings that we can tweak so that the boy will no longer see the profile pictures of others. I also just spoke to Xbox Support, and Kath confirmed no such feature exists today. Would you folks please consider to offer this in future builds of Xbox OS.

Thanks.

:)

kiatchan7, May 29, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. RHR cats Win User

Xbox: Is there a privacy setting I can tweak so my son will NOT see the profile pictures of others

Hi there,

my son is a special needs boy on the autism spectrum. He has been enjoying FH5 until when one of the updates to FH5 started having the game show "profile pictures" of players on the flags flying at Festival Sites.

As he was previously traumatised by some ugly contents on profile pictures on the internet (unrelated to FH5), he is now extremely sensitive to any profile pictures anywhere. He will be tripped into various obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd) whenever he is now exposed to "profile pictures".

Since that update on FH5, he has been playing less of the game, and avoiding areas near to any of the Festival Sites whenever he plays.

We are trying to help him strike a balance between playing FH5, and him avoiding seeing the profile pictures on the flags at the Festival Sites.

We contact Forza Support, who suggests there may be Xbox settings that we can tweak so that the boy will no longer see the profile pictures of others. Can this be done?
    Actually I accidentally found out something that might help with this situation so I was messing with my privacy settings a while back and found out if I set all privacy settings to block except for the ones that allow party chat and multiplayer all of my friends and all other players profile pictures appear as xbox default profile pictures
  4. Reactor Leak SF Win User

profile picture

The first post, that shows the link for the website, is basically correct. The short version of the situation is that because everybody is on shelter at home orders virtually, the Xbox servers are getting a lot more traffic all hours of the day than normal.
    To ease the strain on the servers, they are limiting access to certain features so they can keep the network as stable as possible. Unfortunately this also means they could still disable more features if needed.
  5. x Kytashou Win User

Can’t see mine or others uploaded profile pictures.

I just tried, but it says I need to have an adult account. Something like that. It’s apparently on child mode or whatever it’s called.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

profile picture

Since this is currently an Insider/Preview program feature, there is no official documentation for troubleshooting this kind of issue, and you may have encountered a bug.

I suggest taking your problem over to the
    Insider forums
    for specialized help.
Thema:

1. Xbox: Special needs Son needs a feature for him NOT to see the profile pictures of others - Similar Threads - Special needs Son

2. Custom controller for special needs

in XBoX Accessibility
    Custom controller for special needs: I have cerebral palsy, my right hand is weak but my left hand is good, i used to play video games since 2004, having some difficulty using the regular controller because of my thumbs, now i only...
  3. Digital games stored under non existent email and gamertag that my special needs son...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital games stored under non existent email and gamertag that my special needs son...: I have an xbox email address and password. My son created an account while he was playing a few years ago and because he is the only one that plays and we have instant sign on installed we had no...
  4. I need to know how to go about special preview privileges for getting repairs done to my xbox ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I need to know how to go about special preview privileges for getting repairs done to my xbox ...: I was told by a rep that i may be able to get a free repair since I'm a preview member. Could anyone help me with this fdd0bbbf-4d59-4c05-99f7-735947cc37e7
  5. Special Ports needed to be opened for Halo 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Special Ports needed to be opened for Halo 5: How should I setup Port forwarding, so that Halo 5 runs best? 51615879-07ff-4999-9ce4-efa177360a0d
  6. Enforcement for special needs children

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Enforcement for special needs children: My special needs granson has recently been subject to bullying and harassment and has had an enforcement taken against him. It appear that Microsoft is woefully inadequate when dealing with...
  7. 11 yr old special needs child block from Xbox live by bullies who didn't want to play with him.

in XBoX on Consoles
    11 yr old special needs child block from Xbox live by bullies who didn't want to play with him.: I would like to understand how my 11-year-old child with special needs gets blocked from communication on Xbox live simply for wanting to play online with people who don't want to play with him....
  8. I need help i just recently brought a fresh copy of skyrim special edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help i just recently brought a fresh copy of skyrim special edition: it has no scratches nothing its brand new from Australia but its not installing it says your disc may be dirty or damaged. try cleaning it (0x87e00064) 1f347ea0-8bb0-4bbd-939e-96a4b1c68631
  9. Do I need a new TV? (Skyrim Special Edition and new Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need a new TV? (Skyrim Special Edition and new Xbox One S: With the announcement of Skyrim special edition, this made me suddenly become obsessed with FINALLY upgrading to a 4k technology TV, and/OR getting an Xbox One S, so that I can experience the...
  10. Do I need a new TV? (Skyrim Special Edition and the new Xbox One S)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need a new TV? (Skyrim Special Edition and the new Xbox One S): With the announcement of Skyrim special edition, this made me suddenly become obsessed with FINALLY upgrading to a 4k technology TV, and/OR getting an Xbox One S, so that I can experience the...