Xbox started making loud humming noise

Discus and support Xbox started making loud humming noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Over the past few weeks I've noticed my Xbox developing a humming sound. It makes the noise at all times, idle, during gameplay, watching videos etc.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Huggs1, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Huggs1
    Huggs1 Guest

Over the past few weeks I've noticed my Xbox developing a humming sound. It makes the noise at all times, idle, during gameplay, watching videos etc. and the noise is there constantly, though it has become louder more frequently. I can hear it at all times
    and from a distance, the sound often drowns out the sound of the TV as well. I assume there is a fault somewhere because no one in the right mind would plug a TV box through the console if they're going to hear this low humming sound all the time?

Here's a video I recorded, it picks up the sound very well, just imagine hearing that constantly, from about 10ft away.

Do you think the retailer I bought it from will exchange it? I've been through two advanced exchanges directly but Xbox have sent me broken refurbished consoles twice, (one which wouldn't stay powered on and one with a grinding fan noise). I'd rather just
    swap it at GAME if they will acknowledge it as faulty.

:)

Huggs1, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Xbox 360 S power brick noise

Hey, i have had my 360 for about 6 months now and it started making a loud humming noise. (louder than my xbox ) so i said ok its probably dusty, i cleaned it with air and its still making the loud humming noise any suggestions ? By thw way my xbox works
    fine and plays excellent havent had an issue.

UNDEaD HERO01, Feb 17, 2014
  3. Danieltrfc
    Danieltrfc Guest
    New Dashboard Update - Console Not Reading Discs Xbox started making loud humming noise :mad:

just updated my xbox 360 60gb and now its making a loud humming noise when playing games lol.

Danieltrfc, Feb 17, 2014
  4. Danieltrfc Win User

New Dashboard Update - Console Not Reading Discs :@

just updated my xbox 360 60gb and now its making a loud humming noise when playing games lol.
  5. Malacath Win User

Power brick buzzing

Mine makes a fan noise which could be described as buzzing but I have to go quite close to it to hear it.

The console itself is far louder.

Or are you referring to an electrical hum?

If you can hear a loud electrical hum then it's probably faulty.
  6. NickBJohnson90 Win User

Loud Noise while installing Games

I just bought mine last night and its doing the same thing. Loud buzzing or humming type noise only while installing a game. Not like a fan or something is hitting something. It's a consistant hum/buzz but it is quite loud
  7. SquareFantasy Win User

What exacly does the "tone" sound mean?

I think you mean the loud humming sound that resonates when you are near a Ninroot plant. These plants are scarttered throughout Skyrim (usually located near water) and make a loud humming noise when you are near, aditionally at night they glow brightly
    like a beacon and emit a whitish mist that can be seen from a great distance. The Crimson Ninroot also hums like this, but does not show any visible signs other than the red coloration.
  8. McKlayy Win User

Xbox making loud buzzing noise

My Xbox 360 Slim E makes a loudish buzzing/humming noise when i start up most games and makes the noise for about 3-5 minutes , i have the games installed on my hardrive , is this normal for it to do that
Thema:

1. Xbox started making loud humming noise - Similar Threads - started making loud

2. Xbox 1 X does start up noise but it does not do anything, it makes weird noises then closes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 X does start up noise but it does not do anything, it makes weird noises then closes...: Xbox 1 X does start up noise but it does not do anything, it makes weird noises then closes itself. My cousin had the same problem. cb2101ec-8861-4ea5-b3f6-4ae352f87917
  3. Xbox makes loud noise on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox makes loud noise on start up: so my Xbox one makes a loud whirring noise when i turn it on sometimes the noise well stop but after a few seconds well come back 8e1f20d7-01aa-4647-9dfd-9522aaa653b5
  4. Make Mixer Deletable and remove the useless tab - Mixer must not start on boot eating bandwith.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Make Mixer Deletable and remove the useless tab - Mixer must not start on boot eating bandwith.: That utter thrash that is the IE of streaming must go from MY console or MS better start paying me for the space and bandwith usage. That crap start playing on it's own will on START-UP, eating...
  5. To developers: I would like to reset statistic to start over again. Please make an option to ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    To developers: I would like to reset statistic to start over again. Please make an option to ...: In the beginning I played on phone. When people did not respond to game invite, I had only option to cancel my play and let them win, then I played here on pc and find that my statistic looks bad...
  6. Xbox one turns on yet won't start up and makes a repeating mechanical ticking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns on yet won't start up and makes a repeating mechanical ticking noise: Hello So turned my Xbox one off last night (using the button as always) then turned it back on this morning (button again) and suddenly it won't start up. It turns on just fine yet there's a...
  7. Xbox One S making power on noise but not starting up since Beta update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S making power on noise but not starting up since Beta update: Since getting the Beta update from the Insider Hub last week, my Xbox One S has been making the power on noise, but the light isn't turn on and the Xbox doesnt actually power on. I have to unplug...
  8. R2D2 Xbox 360 Randomly Making Start-Up Sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    R2D2 Xbox 360 Randomly Making Start-Up Sound: I've had my R2D2 model 360 for a close to 3 years now, and in the past couple of days, it has just begun to make the noise it makes when it's starting up or shutting off, completely at random. It...
  9. Xbox has been making clicking noises, now errors out when I try to start it up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox has been making clicking noises, now errors out when I try to start it up.: The error it's giving me is E102 00080000 80070002. I've tried the offline update solution many times, but it does not work, it's flash on the screen for a second and then it'll say something went...
  10. Brand new Xbox 360S console making loud rattling noise when disc drive starts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox 360S console making loud rattling noise when disc drive starts.: Hi, I just recently bought a new Xbox 360s console a month ago, and it has suddenly started making this horrible rattling sound when I play a disc, regardless of whether its loaded on the hard...