Xbox Stops Responding to Controller

Discus and support Xbox Stops Responding to Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know if it's an issue with the system, or an issue with the controller, but while navigating the dashboard my Xbox stops responding to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MicahBlake, Jun 20, 2014.

1. MicahBlake
    MicahBlake Guest

I don't know if it's an issue with the system, or an issue with the controller, but while navigating the dashboard my Xbox stops responding to my controller. The light on the controller remains lit, but just stops working. I've tried resyncing, re-updating
    the controller, removing and replacing the batteries, and restarting the Xbox but it continues to happen. The only time I can get it to work again is after a hard reboot of the console, and even then it takes more than one reboot to get the controller to work
    again. The weird thing is that it only happens on the dashboard, and with apps, but so far not with games. Do i need a new controller? Is it covered by the warranty?

:)

MicahBlake, Jun 20, 2014
  2. Unowho09
    Unowho09 Guest
    Xbox App Streaming Controller Stops Responding

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, I'm streaming to my windows 10 on my laptop. The controller randomly stop working 20-30 mins. I have to stop the stream and reopen open it to get it to work again I've tried 3 different controllers and make sure each controller
    is up to date.

Unowho09, Jun 20, 2014
  3. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest
    Xbox App Streaming Controller Stops Responding

Hi Gpackets, We don't have any suggestions at this time on how to resolve this since this sounds like a unique issue. What would be of great help is if you can report this issue via Xbox App Beta using the "report a problem" so we can request and investigation
    and inform the developers this issue is occurring with more than one person.

Thanks for the feedback,

Best

Bestlano, Jun 20, 2014
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

Xbox One Controller Stops Responding.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread.
    We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues on your own thread.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
  5. Allebas Win User

How long have you had this controller?
  6. sfgiant3030 Win User

Its not the controller mine do the exact same thing how can it be fixed
  7. InoportunoG Win User

I have the same problem, it is because something is interfering with the control signal or sometimes the console does not detect it, I play with the cable placed in the control.
  8. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello An0n,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your controllers are disconnecting from the Xbox One. The article entitled, "Troubleshoot
    your Xbox One wireless controller
    " contains solutions for controller issues. If this does not resolve the issue, we suggest performing

a soft factory reset
    on the console. This is the type of factory reset that will keep all games and applications installed, but it will remove all profiles from the console. Therefore, the email address and password of those accounts must be known before
    this step is taken. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Xbox Stops Responding to Controller - Similar Threads - Stops Responding Controller

2. Xbox One Controller Stops Responding.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Stops Responding.: Okay, so I have a new Xbox One Wireless Controller. Every time I get on my Xbox One now, it will be paired and fine. Then I get to playing a game. A few minutes in, my controller stops working....
  3. Xbox One controller stops responding on PC and requires a restart to work again.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller stops responding on PC and requires a restart to work again.: Just as the title says. This problem has been happening for months now. If I have my controller connected to my PC regardless of if I'm actually using it or not, the controller will become...
  4. Xbox One Wireless Controllers stopped responding

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Wireless Controllers stopped responding: Hi, My controllers stopped working since 2-3 weeks. I waited for a friend to test my 4 controllers with his wireless adaptater but it didn't worked either. I don't know where it comes frome (i...
  5. Xbox stopped responding to controller actions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stopped responding to controller actions: Hello Community, I own a Xbox One Advanced Warfare Edition. Yesterday my xbox randomly stopped responding to controller actions. After i bought a new Controller, it even failed to connect i guess...
  6. Netflix app on startup stops responding to any connected controllers.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app on startup stops responding to any connected controllers.: It's just the Netflix app, everything else works just fine. The controller can even be used to go Home and control other apps and games, it's just Netflix that stops responding. Restarting the app...
  7. Xbox App Streaming Controller Stops Responding

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Streaming Controller Stops Responding: I'm having an issue where my USB connected Xbox One controller randomly stops working after a short period streaming in the Xbox App, every 20-30mins, and it always happens. I had thought it may...
  8. My Xbox One S Controller's A Button Stopped Responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S Controller's A Button Stopped Responding: Hello, my Xbox One S Controller's A button isn't responding properly. My controller is a month old at the time of righting this post. My controller was working the other night at when I woke up...
  9. Wired Xbox One controller stops responding after while

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox One controller stops responding after while: As the title says, the wired Xbox One controller I own stops responding randomly(or with a pattern. I haven't detected any tho). It is used through the windows store Xbox accessories app. The...
  10. Windows Xbox Application stops responding to Xbox One controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Xbox Application stops responding to Xbox One controller: I am running the Xbox Application on Windows 10. The xbox controller is connected via USB cable to my PC. The PC sees the controller connected. the Xbox Application sees the controller. When I...