Xbox Storage Missing After Update

Discus and support Xbox Storage Missing After Update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After last nights update I got on this morning and was having trouble with one of my games. When I went in to try delete then redownload it the system... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/onyx62is, Feb 20, 2020.

1. /u/onyx62is
    /u/onyx62is Guest

After last nights update I got on this morning and was having trouble with one of my games. When I went in to try delete then redownload it the system kept saying installation stopped.

I went to make sure that my external drive was selected as the main drive and both internal and external are not showing. Games can run but I can't download. Anyone else have this same problem?

Powercycle didn't fix but will try a factory reset later

submitted by /u/onyx62is
    [link] [comments]

/u/onyx62is, Feb 20, 2020
  2. IceStorm III Win User

im trying to update my xbox through a cd with the newest update on it but it just says mixed media disk

Ahh... if your console is saying you need an update immediately after power-on, that means your local storage device (internal flash memory or HDD) is no longer working properly. Obtain a USB flash drive to be used as USB Memory Unit, configure it, then
    try connecting to Live. See if it still wants the update.

This oddball "I MUST HAVE AN UPDATE!" behavior due to missing/damaged storage device started after the Fall, 2012 update.
  3. GamerFox5 Win User

Lego Jurassic World won't play after update

After experiencing this problem and going back to GameStop they told me to delete the update but I can't find it. Went to settings, system, storage, games and apps. It's not there. Am I missing something?
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

How much space do hidden op/system files take?

The 6GB that is missing, isn't actually missing. The 20GB hard drive is about 18GB when formatted. Out of that 18GB, 5GB is reserved for a hard drive cache, storage for game updates and original Xbox backwards compatibility. The Xbox 360 O.S itself is
    less than 500MB.
  5. taidara Win User

Strange string of events regarding XBL connection

I've missed that your profile is missing from the storage device. I'm sorry that I've missed that part.

Could you verify if your profile is truly missing.

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Select All Devices.
    4. Select Gamer Profiles.

Try use a USB (configure to use with the Xbox 360) as an alternative storage device instead of your primary device. With your console powered off,

safely remove the hard drive
    and plug in the USB drive. Power on the Xbox. When prompted to install the system update, for
    a previously unknown storage device, select yes/ok!

Try recover your profile from LIVE.
  6. CrackingBoss1 Win User

Xbox 360 Slip 4 GB S Update Failure - Can't Connect to Xbox Live

Try to skip update, then perform some small file deletion on internal storage. Reboot the xbox afterwards. After rebooting the file is still there. That is happening with my xbox

Seems that update in Dec set some flag on internal storage so there are no write permissions any more
Thema:

1. Xbox Storage Missing After Update - Similar Threads - Storage Missing Update

2. Xbox One Duplicate Game Storage Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Duplicate Game Storage Issue: Hi. I have an xbox one with an attached external seagate 1TB drive which is half full. It is configured to install new games to the external storage and has been for a long time. My son has the...
  3. Storage Transfer Tool shutting down Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Storage Transfer Tool shutting down Xbox: I have my Xbox One X [beta] and my Day One Xbox [normal] and when I try to use the Storage Transfer Tool on external drives [8TB 500 games and an old not used 4TB ~100 games] both systems turn off...
  4. XBox One external storage error code 0x80bd003b

in XboX Insiders
    XBox One external storage error code 0x80bd003b: I have a Silicon Power 1TB Armor A60 hard drive. I got this to backup games for XBox One. I saw a YouTube video where it was simple to install. Sadly, when I plugged in Xbox didn't recognize it...
  5. Xbox Game bar can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game bar can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I added a new hard drive to my system today, and ever since I get this popup: [img] I've tried everything I can think of to make it go away. I've uninstalled and re-installed everything Xbox...
  6. Games missing from storage, wonder if New Avatar Editor is buggy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games missing from storage, wonder if New Avatar Editor is buggy: I'll begin by stating that, about an hour ago, I used the New Xbox Avatar Editor that released today. Immediately after updating my avatar, I attempted to play some streaming media that I had...
  7. The storage device may be missing or disconnected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The storage device may be missing or disconnected: When I try to start the Forza Horizon 3 on my PC, I get the message that the game is offline and the storage device may be missing or disconnected. I would like a solution to this problem...
  8. Missing memory unit (internal storage) for Xbox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing memory unit (internal storage) for Xbox 360 S: ok... so I have this Xbox 360 S but it says it doesn’t have a memory unit. I have hard drives for it but I was wanting to use the internal storage to move stuff here and there but I can’t. I’ve...
  9. Deleted everything Storage still at 6.8% and 339.9gb, no idea where the missing 20gb are...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleted everything Storage still at 6.8% and 339.9gb, no idea where the missing 20gb are...: I have deleted everything on my console, apps, profiles, games, checked lost add ons etc.. Still my screen shows internal storage at 6.8%. And 339.9gb free space. There seems to be something...
  10. Storage missing-please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Storage missing-please help: I bought a transfer cable to transfer data on my 250gb to a 320 gb hard drive. when i plugged it in, it ask me to format the 250, now i lost all my data and my 250 is now a 32 gb. when i put my...