Xbox Store App - really need serious attention not to ruin Store experience - like navigation

Discus and support Xbox Store App - really need serious attention not to ruin Store experience - like navigation in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Now having fiber high speed internet I spent more time in Xbox Store through the App in Xbox One. And this experience is just horrible. #1. Back... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BookishFlunky90, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Xbox Store App - really need serious attention not to ruin Store experience - like navigation

Hi

Now having fiber high speed internet I spent more time in Xbox Store through the App in Xbox One.

And this experience is just horrible.

#1. Back buttons often return to Home screen instead of where you came from

- it looses navigation so often that you loose interest

Example

Going from Deals into 99+ show all or whatever it is called, I often start there.

Going in on a game - then going back works most of the time.

Going further once on a game, like Included in or Others like - it almost fail every time.

This is on and off, depending on release of Store App.

Sometimes you come back two levels, like up to 99+ Show All level.

So being back on Home screen, you go in again

- just coming back to where you came from, trying to use Back button you have to go to Deals again

This is the most basic navigation that browsers successfully done on internet since 1993 - all of them that I used.

But current Store App is just horrible.

Every time about to press Back button, you wonder where will I end up this time.

#2. On a game under details like publisher you go to Copyright "More" link.

This opens a dialog where is says Close which does nothing,

And doing X-to close you end up somewhere up among Deals or back to Home screen.

#3. Details on games are lacking information on estimated size too often

Many new or announced games for preorder have no size, not even after release.

So if to buy on disk or in store and also about how large games is I estimate from size a bit.

#4. Doing a search - you get a lot of **** beside games

a) The old ability to select "Games" to start with to just get games is not there anymore.

b) you cannot select All on Chart, even if having selected a category - it's always a limited list of some sort "Top Free", "Top voted" and similar.

c) And once searching for a text you cannot reset this text to remove that unless going all the way back to search for another text - or just abandon search and go to browse deals. There is no browsing that is all comfy for my needs. I found no way to just
    browse Racing & Flying what is there among games.

If going to Microsoft Store through PC I can do most things better - but Store App in Xbox is horrible in this sense.

I can browse all Racing & Flying as one example.

:)

BookishFlunky90, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Ironwilled Win User

Any Good Xbox Pay-for Apps?

Yeah I checked around in the app store but nothing really caught my attention.
  3. Epic Louie Win User

Affiliate marketing in the next gen era

I don't really pay attention to ads, especially on the dashboard. I turn my Xbox on and either launch a app, go to the store, or play a game.
  4. Kyle743 Win User

Xbox Store Navigation.

the Xbox store makes me want to go out and buy a different console.
  5. IRB Win User

XBOX store

Yeah, some of the app navigation with the store is a little bad.

They do seem to have been focused on improving the store recently so hopefully it will get better.
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

Xbox ONE Report Card.

Since when do console need a report card? Did the PS4 even get 1?

I disagree with the articles' stance on the dashboard UI. I've had zero issues navigating the Game Store, the App Store, the Movies and TV Store, and the Music Store - how did they overcomplicate it in the report card - I've never even seen or heard of the
    stores they mention on there. Could they be referring to the OneGuide, that places all the media into 1 section regardless of app (which makes it easier IMO)?
Thema:

Xbox Store App - really need serious attention not to ruin Store experience - like navigation

1. Xbox Store App - really need serious attention not to ruin Store experience - like navigation - Similar Threads - Store App really

2. I cant seem to find "App Store" on mine xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant seem to find "App Store" on mine xbox 360: I cant seem to find "App Store" on mine xbox 360 please help since microsoft deleted all the sites wich lead to xbox 360 support and help If Microsoft Responds please help me fix it...
  3. games and apps xbox store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games and apps xbox store: I'm having this problem where I'm trying to rate games and apps in the store but every game and app I try it says I need to own the games to rate them i own all the games and apps though so I...
  4. Xbox store in new Xbox Beta app on iOS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox store in new Xbox Beta app on iOS: Is this not added into this build yet and will be added in the future? I don’t see a section for the Xbox store like on the old app. I like to use the app for this as it was handy. Sorry if this...
  5. The new Microsoft store doesn't display in recently used apps

in XboX Insiders
    The new Microsoft store doesn't display in recently used apps: When I open Microsoft Store and I open a another app and then I open the xbox guide, the microsoft store doesn't display in the recently used apps section submitted by /u/DokiDokiMagikku...
  6. Xbox One - Can't download Games or Apps from Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - Can't download Games or Apps from Microsoft Store: The 'Get'/ 'Install' button on any App or Game on the Microsoft Store remains a loading icon indefinitely. I also can't access 'Full Library', this remains as a loading icon indefinitely (or at...
  7. Xbox App Error Signing In With Microsoft Store Account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Error Signing In With Microsoft Store Account: Hi, I've been unable to use the game pass for the better part of this year as the new Xbox App does not recognise my Microsoft Store account. Everything was fine while i could access the game pass...
  8. Store and Achievements missing from Beta Android App

in XboX Insiders
    Store and Achievements missing from Beta Android App: I'm using the new beta android xbox app and love all the speed and design improvements. However, I cAnt find achievements or the store anywhere. Those seem like big things to remove from the app...
  9. Store shows no info, crashes after selecting a page (games, apps, etc.) Beta

in XboX Insiders
    Store shows no info, crashes after selecting a page (games, apps, etc.) Beta: My store app shows nothing, loads for a minute and says something is wrong? Restarted, hard restarted, etc. The store isnt even recognized as the most recently used app as the large main...
  10. There's a new sound for the Xbox store when you purchase a game or app!

in XboX Insiders
    There's a new sound for the Xbox store when you purchase a game or app!: [IMG] submitted by /u/SuperFlight89 [link] [comments]