Xbox Store App - really need serious attention not to ruin Store experience - like navigation

Discus and support Xbox Store App - really need serious attention not to ruin Store experience - like navigation in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Now having fiber high speed internet I spent more time in Xbox Store through the App in Xbox One. And this experience is just horrible. #1. Back... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BookishFlunky90, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Xbox Store App - really need serious attention not to ruin Store experience - like navigation

Hi

Now having fiber high speed internet I spent more time in Xbox Store through the App in Xbox One.

And this experience is just horrible.

#1. Back buttons often return to Home screen instead of where you came from

- it looses navigation so often that you loose interest

Example

Going from Deals into 99+ show all or whatever it is called, I often start there.

Going in on a game - then going back works most of the time.

Going further once on a game, like Included in or Others like - it almost fail every time.

This is on and off, depending on release of Store App.

Sometimes you come back two levels, like up to 99+ Show All level.

So being back on Home screen, you go in again

- just coming back to where you came from, trying to use Back button you have to go to Deals again

This is the most basic navigation that browsers successfully done on internet since 1993 - all of them that I used.

But current Store App is just horrible.

Every time about to press Back button, you wonder where will I end up this time.

#2. On a game under details like publisher you go to Copyright "More" link.

This opens a dialog where is says Close which does nothing,

And doing X-to close you end up somewhere up among Deals or back to Home screen.

#3. Details on games are lacking information on estimated size too often

Many new or announced games for preorder have no size, not even after release.

So if to buy on disk or in store and also about how large games is I estimate from size a bit.

#4. Doing a search - you get a lot of **** beside games

a) The old ability to select "Games" to start with to just get games is not there anymore.

b) you cannot select All on Chart, even if having selected a category - it's always a limited list of some sort "Top Free", "Top voted" and similar.

c) And once searching for a text you cannot reset this text to remove that unless going all the way back to search for another text - or just abandon search and go to browse deals. There is no browsing that is all comfy for my needs. I found no way to just
    browse Racing & Flying what is there among games.

If going to Microsoft Store through PC I can do most things better - but Store App in Xbox is horrible in this sense.

I can browse all Racing & Flying as one example.

:)

BookishFlunky90, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Ironwilled Win User

Any Good Xbox Pay-for Apps?

Yeah I checked around in the app store but nothing really caught my attention.
  3. Epic Louie Win User

Affiliate marketing in the next gen era

I don't really pay attention to ads, especially on the dashboard. I turn my Xbox on and either launch a app, go to the store, or play a game.
  4. Kyle743 Win User

Xbox Store Navigation.

the Xbox store makes me want to go out and buy a different console.
  5. IRB Win User

XBOX store

Yeah, some of the app navigation with the store is a little bad.

They do seem to have been focused on improving the store recently so hopefully it will get better.
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

Xbox ONE Report Card.

Since when do console need a report card? Did the PS4 even get 1?

I disagree with the articles' stance on the dashboard UI. I've had zero issues navigating the Game Store, the App Store, the Movies and TV Store, and the Music Store - how did they overcomplicate it in the report card - I've never even seen or heard of the
    stores they mention on there. Could they be referring to the OneGuide, that places all the media into 1 section regardless of app (which makes it easier IMO)?
Thema:

Xbox Store App - really need serious attention not to ruin Store experience - like navigation

1. Xbox Store App - really need serious attention not to ruin Store experience - like navigation - Similar Threads - Store App really

2. Cant install gaming services and other xbox related apps through the microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install gaming services and other xbox related apps through the microsoft store: I just formatted my pc , and im having a hard time reinstalling applications like the xbox app, for when i try to download them, the install button is transparent like so...
  3. About a game that I would like to see in the app store on the Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    About a game that I would like to see in the app store on the Xbox one: I have a question can silent hill 4 the room be played on the Xbox one S or X and if no is it ever gonna be remade for the Xbox one. submitted by /u/SnooCheesecakes8805 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox App and Microsoft Store Don't See My Internal Storage

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App and Microsoft Store Don't See My Internal Storage: When I attempt to install a game of my internal storage (SSD) nothing happens. It seems it doesn't recognise that I have a storage device. I have restarted and repaired the app+ uninstalling the...
  5. Halo_Master Chief Collection will not launch using Micorsoft Store OR XBOX App- and no...

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo_Master Chief Collection will not launch using Micorsoft Store OR XBOX App- and no...: After installing from XBOX App on Windows 10 (20H2 - Build 19042.9875) and windows updates are also up to date, NVIDIA graphics drivers are up to date), the game will not launch. The game was also...
  6. Unable to install the xbox app through the installer or the microsoft store.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install the xbox app through the installer or the microsoft store.: I tried to install the xbox app for pc through both the Microsoft Store and the dedicated installer app you can download, but neither worked. When I try to download it with the installer it gives...
  7. MIcrosoft Store and Xbox app Error Code 0x87e00191

in XBoX on Windows
    MIcrosoft Store and Xbox app Error Code 0x87e00191: Every time i try to install a game from the pass an error happens i cant seem to find a way to fix it e0e304a5-deaf-4fb1-9239-13e5c0ba9442
  8. Microsoft Store Not Downloading Any Apps

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store Not Downloading Any Apps: Yesterday I was playing a game when it crashed, when i tried to launch it it sent me to the gaming services app. It downloaded that but was still bugged so i deleted that game and another game...
  9. Microsoft Store app stuck in Recents list on Home Screen

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store app stuck in Recents list on Home Screen: Xbox OS - v10.0.19041.7772 Microsoft Store - v2015.13.2.70 In the recents list there is 7 tiles that can show. The Microsoft Store never leaves this recent list and I’m not sure if it’s a bug or...
  10. Xbox app on PC won't recognize that I own the game pass while the microsoft store does...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC won't recognize that I own the game pass while the microsoft store does...: I was looking to purchase the Game Pass for PC again when it said I had a payment overdue. I went to the Microsoft website to pay that off and after I did it it said my subscription ends on June...