Xbox Store gives black screen on startup (Xbox One S)

Discus and support Xbox Store gives black screen on startup (Xbox One S) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My mother is having problems with the Store app on her Xbox One S. Whenever she opens the app, she is given a completely black screen -- however, she... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zacktrm, Oct 26, 2020.

1. zacktrm
    zacktrm Guest

My mother is having problems with the Store app on her Xbox One S. Whenever she opens the app, she is given a completely black screen -- however, she can exit the app normally and can still run any other app or game without issue.

Is this a console-side issue or a server-side issue?

- / PungentZeus0

:)

zacktrm, Oct 26, 2020
  2. xStarscream73x Win User

Black Screen of Death

Hey Horse Feather!

The
    System Update Troubleshooter
    has steps that can help - from the first page, select "I need to troubleshoot a system update error", then select which Xbox One model you're using (original, S, or X), and then select the "I am experiencing a startup issue"
    option.

Give that a shot, and let us know if you see any improvement!
    The scenarios described are stuck on green Xbox startup animation, or no green startup animation where my issue is green startup animation transitioning to black screen.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox One splash screen

Microsoft haven't said it is. I believe the green Xbox One startup screen will stay, and the Xbox Series X/S will get the new Xbox boot up screen.
  4. xStarscream73x Win User

Black Screen of Death

Hey Horse Feather!

The
    System Update Troubleshooter
    has steps that can help - from the first page, select "I need to troubleshoot a system update error", then select which Xbox One model you're using (original, S, or X), and then select the "I am experiencing a startup issue"
    option.

Give that a shot, and let us know if you see any improvement!

The scenarios described are stuck on green Xbox startup animation, or no green startup animation where my issue is green startup animation transitioning to black screen.
    and it won't let me do an offline update anyway lol, happy days.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Black Screen

Hi JasonX8

I'd be happy to explain why this issue occurs and provide a solution that will hopefully resolve this startup problem. When you start the Xbox One console, you expect to see the green Xbox startup animation screen. During the startup animation, your console
    runs a full system check on all hardware components, validating the firmware and the operating system. This is very similar to the way a PC starts. The startup animation screen can take several minutes before transitioning to the next screen. If the system
    check fails to run the startup animation three times in a row, the console is flagged by the system as “do not run.” This will block the startup animation from running, and in its place you'll see a black screen.

In order to determine your troubleshooting steps, after pressing the Xbox button you'll need to leave your console on this black screen for at least 10 minutes.

Note: A black screen doesn’t always mean that there’s an error. The system checks described above run in the background and can take several minutes to complete. This may appear to be an error since you'll only see a black screen, but it can
    be completely normal except for the absence of the green startup animation screen.

If you have waited over 10 minutes and the screen does not transition, try booting up the console in the following way:

1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
      2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console. Unplug the power cord and wait 5 minutes.
      3. Re-connect the power cord. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before
        the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

Note If you have an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you’ll need to press and hold the Xbox button and the Bind button instead, as your console does not have an Eject button.

In either case, this will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Go to System > Settings > Display & sound > Video output,
        and then select the resolution you want from the Display dropdown.

Please give this a try and then let us know if the console continues to experience this startup issue.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

XBOX ONE no reconoce HDMI T.V. LG

Hi Jose,

I'd be happy to explain why this issue occurs and provide a solution that will hopefully resolve this startup problem. When you start the Xbox One console, you expect to see the green Xbox startup animation screen. During the startup animation, your console
    runs a full system check on all hardware components, validating the firmware and the operating system. This is very similar to the way a PC starts. The startup animation screen can take several minutes before transitioning to the next screen. If the system
    check fails to run the startup animation three times in a row, the console is flagged by the system as “do not run.” This will block the startup animation from running, and in its place you'll see a black screen.

In order to determine your troubleshooting steps, after pressing the Xbox button you'll need to leave your console on this black screen for at least 10 minutes.

Note A black screen doesn’t always mean that there’s an error. The system checks described above run in the background and can take several minutes to complete. This may appear to be an error since you'll only see a black screen, but it can
    be completely normal except for the absence of the green startup animation screen.

If you have waited over 10 minutes and the screen does not transition, try booting up the console in the following way:

1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
      2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console. Unplug the power cord and wait 5 minutes.
      3. Re-connect the power cord. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before
        the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

Note If you have an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you’ll need to press and hold the Xbox button and the Bind button instead, as your console does not have an Eject button.

In either case, this will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Go to System > Settings > Display & sound > Video output,
        and then select the resolution you want from the Display dropdown.

Please give this a try and then let us know if the console continues to experience this startup issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox Store gives black screen on startup (Xbox One S) - Similar Threads - Store gives black

2. Xbox Series X randomly shuts down at the dashboard or store as well?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts down at the dashboard or store as well?: I read a lot of articles and forum posts about the XSX, it crashed during gameplay. But my Series X shuts off even at the dasboard or the store. Used it for 10 days without any issue, and the...
  3. Microsoft store took my money but didn't give the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store took my money but didn't give the game: I already had minecraft dungeons and I wanted to upgrade it to hero edition then it said card was not accepted but it still took money and i dont have hero edition. Help please....
  4. Xbox Live store is not working. Gives an error code and says "try that again".

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live store is not working. Gives an error code and says "try that again".: I have soft resetted my xbox, restarted router and hard resetted xbox. Even after doing all that, I can't access the store. I need to download something and it's giving me an error. Please...
  5. Accessing Xbox Store via GTA5 online gives error 0x80073d00

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accessing Xbox Store via GTA5 online gives error 0x80073d00: Hoping someone can help with this: When trying to access the Xbox Store from GTA5 online, I choose the item (any item) that I want to buy and I get this error: Update in Progress Store...
  6. trying to install games from microsoft store gives error 0x800700B7

in XBoX on Windows
    trying to install games from microsoft store gives error 0x800700B7: ive updated windows, twice, ive got gamepass, yet every single game i try to install regardless of the drive downloads for a second then gives this error. i want this service, and i want to pay...
  7. Microsoft store won’t load and keeps giving me error code 0x80131505

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store won’t load and keeps giving me error code 0x80131505: i was on microsoft storerying to download a game for free called war frame as some friends had it but wheni went to download it said page could not load and the code mentioned above pls help...
  8. Microsoft store it gives me a error Please explain.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store it gives me a error Please explain.: [img] It gives me an error msg Here 52742abe-aa4b-4f0c-9021-6d1a25f91749
  9. Microsoft Store, Microsoft Apps, and Xbox Games are giving errors and/or not loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store, Microsoft Apps, and Xbox Games are giving errors and/or not loading: Hello! I noticed this problem 3 days ago when Age of Empires: Castle Siege wouldn't load, it started giving me an error about my account needing more information, and if I couldn't fix it through...
  10. Why when I buy a game the store give me an error ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I buy a game the store give me an error ??: I don´t know why the xbox store give me and error when I buy a game d2cce3ac-9bd9-4657-a7d5-01933575eeb2