Xbox store prompting me to buy games i already own ?

Discus and support Xbox store prompting me to buy games i already own ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all Not sure if this is a known issue, but i had an xbox one x with an external drive which i recently had to replace the xbox. All my games were... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by andy2005, Nov 29, 2019.

1. andy2005
    andy2005 Guest

Hi all

Not sure if this is a known issue, but i had an xbox one x with an external drive which i recently had to replace the xbox. All my games were on the external drive. The new xbox one x is picking up the external drives and the games but what i dont understand
    is some games i own like red dead redemptions 2 or forza horizon 4, if i go to the store it shows i own those games and if i go into the game details in the store, logically i cant buy it again but only buy it as gift.

But why is it some games like fifa 17, 18, 19, battlefield 5, if i look at those in the store, it says installed and if i go into the game details it prompts me or shows the buy to own button ???

I know i own the games as i have my full order history with my Microsoft account (always used the same account) but if it helps or affects the solution, yes i sub to EA acces and yes i have game pass ultimate.

Im just concerned that if my external drive went kaput, i would loose the games ? do i have to get on the phone to xbox support, quote them the order numbers so the licenses are refreshed ?

Just seems really odd to me, not sure if this was happening on my previous xbox or not but only showed itself after i went through checking my games were ok on the new xbox one x. Also yes, i was able to remove the old xbox from my account and formatted
    it / reset it with the external drive attached ? new console shows in my microsoft account ok and ive always used the same account.

Thanks

:)

andy2005, Nov 29, 2019
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi andy,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue launching your games on your Xbox One console. You may want to check your

Order History
    to make sure the games that are not launching were purchased on your account. If the games are not in your order history then your games may have been another account.

Please keep us updated.
  3. Bruddah Iz on Da Pho Win User

Buying the Destiny 2 Annual Pass

The MS Store denies me the ability to purchase the annual pass for forsaken also. I own everything digitally except the season pass. The ms store just flat out denies me the ability to purchase the annual pass.

Bungie and ms prompt with Get Offers but the annual pass does not show up as an option, only buying the base game I already own. The ms account involved looks perfect at all points, it is like the store is invoking a rule that it cant sell me the product.
  4. This Guy Tom Win User

Advanced Warfare Season Pass issue

Season Pass is installed, my Xbox says that I own it, and AW is still saying that I don't have it and is just advertising it to me in its in-game store. I can't buy it in-game because I already own it and Gorge is only saying Bundle-Only in the store I still
    can't download it.
  5. PARESIS Win User

Age Of Empires Premium Content Error

Similar problem. I bought the premium civ, and it downloaded ok. But when I played, it didn't let me access the premium content. It prompted me to BUY A PREMIUM CIV.. At the in game store, it says that I purchased the greek civ already.....?
  6. PitombaOne Win User

BC - Rearmed 2 not showing in "Ready to Install"

Same problem here. I was able to download and install the game on Xbox One by "buying the game again" on Xbox One Store (i was not charged since i already own the game), but when launching it, the system tells me that i do not own the game (insert the disc
    or enter xbox live with the ouwner account).

Something about strange...
Thema:

1. Xbox store prompting me to buy games i already own ? - Similar Threads - store prompting buy

2. downloading on windows 10 from microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    downloading on windows 10 from microsoft store: downloading on windows 10 the games i already own but updates stay in the pending mode on the download how do I get them to start 5c01716d-39eb-467e-b010-b6b03140ce3c
  3. Microsoft Store Crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store Crash: Ever since the new COD update came out I haven't been able to play because I can't download the dlc pack 2 because my Microsoft store keeps giving me a "Try that agin page could not be loaded."...
  4. 我在香港商店买错了游戏,并没有下载,请问该如何退款? [I bought the wrong game in the Hong Kong store and didn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    我在香港商店买错了游戏,并没有下载,请问该如何退款? [I bought the wrong game in the Hong Kong store and didn't...: 我在mac登录国行微软商店,看到推荐了 帝国时代2:终极版这个游戏,点击购买跳转到了港服,我看到有xbox live字 ,以为可以在xbox主机玩,然后购买了,结果始终不能在主机下载,查了好久发现只能在pc上玩,我的pc性能很差, 本玩不了。 我想退款,应该怎么操作? [Translation-I logged in to the mac bank Microsoft store,...
  5. I redeemed a live gold card i bought from the store and it does not work,

in XBoX on Consoles
    I redeemed a live gold card i bought from the store and it does not work,: My xbox gold card does not work after redeeming code. Any solutions? c616d049-d156-470c-8861-85bdab2015f0
  6. I paid for a game I did not receive in Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for a game I did not receive in Microsoft Store: I have just bought a game in Microsoft Store, went to the payment window, made the transfer, went back to get the game and Microsoft Store was charging me again. I cannot cancel the transfer, as...
  7. Problemas al querer iniciar un juego de la tienda Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Problemas al querer iniciar un juego de la tienda Microsoft Store: Hola! Estoy teniendo un problema al querer iniciar un juego en mi PC. Descargué el Dead By Daylight, con la suscripción de Xbox Game Pass Ultimate que tengo, y al iniciar el juego, me salta un...
  8. Returning a defective Xbox one x at a Microsoft store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Returning a defective Xbox one x at a Microsoft store: So I got a defective xbox one x from another store and I thought I saw someone say they brought their defective console to a microsoft store and they replaced it for them. Is that possible? It...
  9. Unbound Saga not in Ready to Install list. One store prompts to buy again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unbound Saga not in Ready to Install list. One store prompts to buy again: To keep things short, I own Unbound Saga on 360, but the game does not show in my Ready to install list. All other games that were released in the same BC batch and that I own did appear. When...
  10. Xbox One keeps prompting me for online Store version of software I have already installed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One keeps prompting me for online Store version of software I have already installed: Dear XBox Support, my XBox One (bought this past Christmas, refurbished) fails to recognize two things: 1) I have my games already installed on hard-drive (MineCraft, Just Dance 2015 and 2016),...