Xbox stuck on grey login screen

Discus and support Xbox stuck on grey login screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Earlier i turned my xbox on and it asked me to sign into my microsoft account which i did however when i put the password in the grey pop up box... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MATTH3W xx, Oct 25, 2019.

1. MATTH3W xx
    MATTH3W xx Guest

Hi,

Earlier i turned my xbox on and it asked me to sign into my microsoft account which i did however when i put the password in the grey pop up box goes blank and doesnt go any further forward. If i click B it shuts the pup up box down and allows me to navigate
    the xbox and sign in again. Ive updated my xbox, before that i was getting an error code 0x801901f4, now i dont get an error code at all. My xbox is connected to the internet.

Ive tried:

updating xbox

deleting account and re-adding

changing password

Turned on and off, took plug out

Hard power down by holding power button for 10 secs

Any other suggestions?

:)

MATTH3W xx, Oct 25, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey MATTH3W

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able to log back into your account.

In this instance, as you have depicted the troubleshooting you have taken to approach this, I would have to recommend that you perform a soft

factory reset

Keep in mind that this will remove all accounts on your console, as well as any Home Xbox associations, so be sure to have the email and password to the account you wish to recover.

This can be done by following these simple steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
      • Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
        or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
        or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose
        Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with
        Reset and keep my games & apps
        and save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the
        Cancel
        button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

I recommend that you use the option that reads Reset and keep my games & apps as this will be your best option to get back to gaming.

Give this a try a let us know if this works for you!
  3. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

Auto Sign-In Bug

SmartGlass also refuses to connect when I'm stuck in this grey endlessly loading dashboard screen.

This problem is consistent. Everyday when I turn my Xbox on for the first time this happens.
  4. CyrusReza Win User

Dashboard will load up very slow

Hello there, unfortunately after three times of flawless booting up the issue has returned.

After spending a very long time on the grey screen with the white circle spinning, I am now stuck at the profile selection screen trying to sign into Xbox Live.

Any advice is very welcome!
  5. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

White circle loading on grey screen (STUCK)

Hey there KilliKili,

I assume that you have a HDD (Hard Disk Drive) connected to your Xbox 360, am I correct?

If so, could you try
    Disconnecting the HDD
    and starting up the Console without it?

Let us know how that goes and we'll work from there =)
  6. rfmcniff Win User

White circle loading on grey screen (STUCK)

Hello, have the same thing, removed the 250gb HDD and it works, so bad HDD , any way to fix?
Thema:

1. Xbox stuck on grey login screen - Similar Threads - stuck grey login

2. Why do I have a mute icon stuck on my xbox and cant get any audio?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have a mute icon stuck on my xbox and cant get any audio?: I am getting no audio, have done a factory reset, have used 3 different headsets, two different controllers, and i still have a mute icon next to the battery on the home screen. I can have no...
  3. One X is stuck in update loop

in XboX Insiders
    One X is stuck in update loop: I've tried everything aside from offline updating as I dont have a working computer or 6 GB flash drive to try it, but my xbox is stuck in a E100 update loop and factory resets do not work as well...
  4. Xbox stuck in update loop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stuck in update loop: When I went to update my xbox one s to the latest update it got stuck on a certain percent and stopped, then it took me to the trouble shooting screen. I restarted the xbox and it took me back a...
  5. Xbox one stuck on magnifier

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one stuck on magnifier: My screen is stuck on a zoom in mode, no idea how to fix. My daughter was watching Netflix and managed to reach the controller. No idea how to fix, any ideas. I have tried everything I can think...
  6. Ik zit vast in de bèta van de nieuwe minecraft update [Translation - I'm stuck in the beta...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ik zit vast in de bèta van de nieuwe minecraft update [Translation - I'm stuck in the beta...: Ik wou de nieuwe update van minecraft windows 10 proberen via de xbox insider hub maar toen ik eenmaal de bèta gespeeld had en de bèta wou verlaten lukte het niet. in de xbox insider hub staat dat...
  7. There’s a corrupted game constantly trying to install and failing and is stuck in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There’s a corrupted game constantly trying to install and failing and is stuck in the...: so for a while now, around 6 months ago ive had a game that files went corrupt, no problem except when i went to delete it, it wanted an update so i just let it update and see if that cleared the...
  8. Accidentally accepted the change gamer tag, now my name is stuck with numbers.

in XBoX on Windows
    Accidentally accepted the change gamer tag, now my name is stuck with numbers.: Just changed my gamertag recently however i accidentally clicked the accept while reading the info regarding it. Now my username is stuck with numbers. Am i still allowed to change it back free...
  9. Xbox (Beta) App for PC stuck on grey screen after log in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App for PC stuck on grey screen after log in: Hey guys hoping someone can help. I've seen multiple forums saying to uninstall and re-install the app, closing it from the system tray and resetting the app through app settings and nothing has...
  10. Xbox Slim stuck on grey screen and takes a long time to log in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Slim stuck on grey screen and takes a long time to log in: My Xbox has just recently been deciding to take a long *** time booting up and going to the dashboard it gets stuck at the grey screen with the white circle for a long time then when I try to...