Xbox suddenly "Updated" and removed all of my game capture vids

Discus and support Xbox suddenly "Updated" and removed all of my game capture vids in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Was watching one of my game capture videos via the One app for iOS when it said error video not found, I checked my xbox moments later and a random... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SHD ID Snow Fox, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Xbox suddenly "Updated" and removed all of my game capture vids

Was watching one of my game capture videos via the One app for iOS when it said error video not found, I checked my xbox moments later and a random "Update" was being applied to my console, when it ended I couldn't connect to LIVE so I had to re enter my
    router info and logged back online and to my discovery: All of my saved game capture videos were "missing" from my hard drive.

:)

SHD ID Snow Fox, Dec 14, 2016
  2. Th3 Tater
    Th3 Tater Guest
    CoD Hacks! Xbox suddenly "Updated" and removed all of my game capture vids :mad:

make videos for a different game. That way you don't waste your sweet vid capture gear.

Th3 Tater, Dec 14, 2016
  3. FireWheels58
    FireWheels58 Guest
    Forza Horizon 4 captures not showing

I took quite a few screenshots and a clip of the game through the Xbox capture system however they only appear on my xbox captures when viewed on my Xbox One (where it shows all your captures and you can share, delete captures, etc.) and on my activity
    feed. Unlike all my other games, they don't appear on xboxclips.com, xboxdvr.com, and under the captures section on my profile page on the xbox website. The only way to download them is through the Xbox app on Windows 10 which I shouldn't have to do each time
    I want to download captures. This problem has been around since launch.

FireWheels58, Dec 14, 2016
  4. Th3 Tater Win User

CoD Hacks! :@

make videos for a different game. That way you don't waste your sweet vid capture gear.
  5. apna style Win User

Things that should work, but don't

@ mitch the essence of cod black ops 2 captured in a 5 minute vid
  6. Zorg Win User

Captures stored ON my Xbox disappeared

It's not related to the update.

The Xbox console has only a limited amount of reserved space for captures, so if that limit is reached, new captures will "push out" older captures.

If you wish to keep certain captures permanently, you need to use Upload Studio to upload your captures to OneDrive for example.
    I know exactly what you are talking about and this is not the case. EVERY capture I had before a certain time disappeared. Not to mention this was on a less than 1 year old Xbox One X. I had my prior console since launch, taking many many captures and never
    had an old one removed. Even if you were correct and I somehow took more captures in a year than I took in over 3 years on my other xbox, it wouldn't cause everything to disappear. It would gradually push old ones out. Several other people have reported
    to me that they have lost captures after this update and even prior updates, and looking at when I lost mine, it happened right about the time the July update was applied.
  7. JohnClark R6 Win User

xbox.com community montage

I can record in HD. Is there a way I can capture the vids then email/send them to you?
  8. Daft Badger Win User

Capture Devices

That answers that lol.

Got a few friends who use a Roxio device & the vids look ok to me.

www.roxio.com/.../overview.html or haupage capture devices http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/
Thema:

Xbox suddenly "Updated" and removed all of my game capture vids

1. Xbox suddenly "Updated" and removed all of my game capture vids - Similar Threads - suddenly Updated removed

2. x box one s has stopped getting switched on suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box one s has stopped getting switched on suddenly: Tried to create a repair order online as no service center in India but getting message saying "We’re sorry. The accessory or device you are requesting is not available. Please contact Microsoft...
  3. Game State of decay suddenly freezes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game State of decay suddenly freezes: After 5 minutes playing State of decay game suddenly freezes, i want to know whats going on, if there are any solution. please help me . be1f971e-6647-4124-8dfb-05e97a2fbbaa
  4. HDMI port suddenly not working on Xbox one x - no sound or picture

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI port suddenly not working on Xbox one x - no sound or picture: After about two weeks of not playing my xbox one x i turned it on and there is no signal from the HDMI port. I’ve tried swapping cables, ports on my receiver and directly to my tv. Have tested...
  5. Xbox one s has suddenly started to behave weirdly!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s has suddenly started to behave weirdly!!: Hi, Over the past week my kids console has become very frustrating, freezing mid game then making a constant buzzing noise for 5 seconds before exiting the game. The game concerned is Fifa19....
  6. Xbox errors, moving by itself, games not starting, sudden freezes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox errors, moving by itself, games not starting, sudden freezes: Hello everyone, I've been having a lot of issues this past week with my xbox and I can't find any info on how to fix the errors. I've had my xbox since 2013~ and only had one problem with...
  7. Perfect Xbox 360 suddenly won't update: C000-0099 status error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Perfect Xbox 360 suddenly won't update: C000-0099 status error: I have spotted a concerning trend in several posts where 10 year old Xbox 360's suddenly get bricked during an update or simply won't update. Is MSFT deliberately killing old machines? I have an...
  8. Technicolor Technicolor-TC8305C: Sudden internet/connection dropping after May 23rd Update

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Technicolor Technicolor-TC8305C: Sudden internet/connection dropping after May 23rd Update: Technicolor (Modems/Gateways) Technicolor-TC8305C: Sudden internet/connection dropping after May 23rd Update After the May 23rd update, I am seeing complete network drops. Also, I was forced to...
  9. Sudden updates for backwards compatibility games for no reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sudden updates for backwards compatibility games for no reason: can any one tell me why all my 360 BC games suddenly need updates, even thow I been playing them for somtime. Only been this last week and all seem to be around 500mb. There seems to be reason for...
  10. 5.1 Uncompressed via HDMI suddenly not working for Samsung HT-C6500 following update

in XBoX on Consoles
    5.1 Uncompressed via HDMI suddenly not working for Samsung HT-C6500 following update: Hi everyone, I'm not the most technical when it comes to audio / visual setups, so please forgive me if I use the wrong terminology etc. I've had the XBOX One since launch day and have had it...