Xbox Support = Frustrating

Discus and support Xbox Support = Frustrating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have now surpassed 7 hours trying to get hold of a live person at the Xbox support line. Yes they have staff working currently. Online request for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KeithDuperreault, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Xbox Support = Frustrating

I have now surpassed 7 hours trying to get hold of a live person at the Xbox support line.

Yes they have staff working currently.

Online request for a call back fails after 1 minute and you can never actually leave your number for the return call.

The online chat system puts you in line for the next agent. I look and see 10 people ahead of me in line.. so I wait. I keep busy and an eye on the screen. 1.5 hours pass and I get curious so I try to get in line over my phone browser.
    I am met with "0 people in line ahead of you". [mod removed]? I check my laptop... still hasn't connected me. I go ahead on my phone and I am put in line... and it never connects me to anyone,

I waste hours trying and trying. No physical numbers are letting me through to a person. They only direct me to the website.

I find an oddball number from a webpage last updated in 2013. Turns out its an actual Xbox number. I am able to leave a callback request there.

70 minutes later I get a English-as-second-language service rep. Its 6:20pm by this time and I am beyond frustrated. The rep keeps misunderstanding the reason I am calling. Eventually she says she is transferring me to tech support.
    I insist it has to be a live person. She guarantees it is. Its now 6:31pm. She transfers me....

...to a department that closed at 6:30pm. I am met with "please call back during regular business hours" and the call drops.

I am enraged.

I track down a number for Microsoft Store support since that concerns why I am calling them... and am currently sitting on hold with a department there.. now 7:13pm.

This has been some of the most frustrating service I've ever experienced. There are people there... I can see the online chat lines, I've even spoken to one of them. I started this journey at 11:30am.

This is no longer just a simple tech problem... this is a crusade that will determine whether a decade long Xbox client remains a customer or not.

Beware Xbox/Microsoft support. A steaming bag of [mod removed] would be a better support option at this time.

- Is there a magic handshake that I'm missing? A secret passphrase? This cant be the extent of it...

:)

KeithDuperreault, Mar 25, 2020
  2. KeithDuperreault Win User

This is not about the forum mods. I realize you are volunteers. This is about actual official paid tech support/call center staff at the company in departments concerning billing issues.

The people you are supposed to be able to reach from the phone numbers and links on the Xbox Support page.

As I am typing this... the Microsoft Store assistance line I have been on hold with just disconnected me after a 1+ hour wait. I just phoned back to get "We are closed".

So Officially its been over 8 hours.

Unfortunately I do not believe the issue is anything you would be able to help me with as a forum mod.

I'm just trying random shots in the dark to see if I'm doing something wrong. I get that with the global crisis things are slow or backed up... but if it takes 8+ hours to try and speak to a live person and I still haven't been able to, maybe the company
    should consider some extra options for contact since the current ones are straight-up failing (Callbacks that crash before you can leave your return info, online chats with 0 people in line that never connect you to anyone)
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

4. brandiesel1 Win User

For me personally I've always found the online chat to be quicker (usually only a few minutes wait) and just as good if not better than speaking to someone. Most times on the phone I do not understand them or they don't understand me.

Also, you have to take in to account the current situation around the world. Loads of places are working with a much smaller staff. Since a lot more people are home and I'm sure MS services are being used more, it's possible they are extremely behind. It's
    a bad situation for everyone so lets hope there's an end in sight.
  5. SeaOfSelena Win User

Hello KeithDuperreault!

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. That does sound like a very frustrating experience. I assure you Xbox support is always trying their best to help with your needs! You may not know this but we are volunteers who do not get paid to help but choose
    to do so, so that way we can lend a hand to our fellow gamers. We are currently experiencing a higher amount of gamers in need of our assistance during this global pandemic going on. I promise one way or another, we will get your issues straightened out!

May I know what your original issue was so I can try to help you?

Thank you in advance!

-Selena
  6. auburnlaw Win User

Frustrated with Support

Dude, I was a cop, don't try to tell me what they do and don't do. You are wrong. And, FYI, I have solved crimes INSTANTLY and have returned property INSTANTLY. I've been to domestics and made arrests on the spot. I have caught and arrested shop lifters
    within minutes of the store calling AND returned the shop lifted items the same day.

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

I HAVE SOLVED CRIMES AND CAUGHT CRIMINALS, HAVE YOU?
Thema:

1. Xbox Support = Frustrating - Similar Threads - Support Frustrating

2. Dead xbox one x after 2 years. No support available.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dead xbox one x after 2 years. No support available.: Hello, I have been struggling with corrupted saved games and a dying internal hard drive for about a month on my kids' xbox one x. This has cost me many, many hours of deleting corrupted saved...
  3. Bad support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bad support: have had problems with every oayment option I have tried to add to my account there is obviously some kind of block thats making it where all my cards say they are wrong and my PayPal won't even...
  4. Just sent in my 3rd Xbox Elite Series 2 - I am beyond frustrated with Xbox support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just sent in my 3rd Xbox Elite Series 2 - I am beyond frustrated with Xbox support: Just bought a Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, and I was sold. I loved the feel of the whole controller, the adjustable thumbsticks and shoulder buttons. I loved the paddles, the dock and the looks...
  5. FRUSTRATED and disgusted with Microcoft's communication and "support"!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    FRUSTRATED and disgusted with Microcoft's communication and "support"!!!: WHY oh why is it so hard to get one of the largest companies to communicate with you when you have a problem. Its ok when they want your money, but after that forget it. I have no XBox and I am...
  6. Battlefield 1 order cancelled and frustrating Online Chat support

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Battlefield 1 order cancelled and frustrating Online Chat support: I ordered Battlefield 1 from the Microsoft Store on Dec 21. They cancelled the order today, 26 days later. I received an e-mail with no explanation, but the e-mail suggested that I could try...
  7. Frustrated with support a trials

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Frustrated with support a trials: Whats the point of a Gold Trail if it is locked to just one game. The trials don't say that, but according to support they are. Kids thought they had about 3 weeks of codes saved up from games...
  8. Beyond frustrated that the support team cannot resolve what everyone that I talk to considers ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Beyond frustrated that the support team cannot resolve what everyone that I talk to considers ...: I have talked with nearly 10 people for 3-4 hours on the phone last week regarding this issue so far and after being redirected to multiple people I have now I been redirected to a forum by the...
  9. Frustrated With Support - Need Help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frustrated With Support - Need Help: So ive spent about 2 hours with chat today. Long story Short, I have been recieveing NUMEROUS hate messages about my gamertag. I contacted support and chatted for a while, finally a supervisor...
  10. Frustrated with slowness and lack of support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frustrated with slowness and lack of support: I ordered a console directly from Microsoft (Day One Edition). I received the console on launch day. It worked fine for about 4 weeks. Then on Sunday Dec 22, I went to play it and it would not...