Xbox- syncing on Microsoft edge or IE possible with a PC?

Discus and support Xbox- syncing on Microsoft edge or IE possible with a PC? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I am wondering, is it possible to sync your xbox one internet explorer or microsoft edge data with your microsoft account (IE/ME) data on your... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DeeVee1, Nov 9, 2019.

1. DeeVee1
    DeeVee1 Guest

Hello!

I am wondering, is it possible to sync your xbox one internet explorer or microsoft edge data with your microsoft account (IE/ME) data on your PC? By this I mean is it possible to sync your web browsing/favorites on an xbox one between your PC and xbox in
    the same way that you can sync your microsoft search settings and browsing history between two separate PCs? If so, how does one go about doing that?

-Dee

:)

DeeVee1, Nov 9, 2019
  2. DeeVee1 Win User

Hey DeeVee

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about being able to sync your Favorites and browsing history onto the Microsoft Edge app on your console.

At this time, there is currently no way to sync your Favorites onto the Microsoft Edge app on your console from other devices.

There is, however a way to see your browsing history, but this works through your Microsoft account, and while in Bing search engine.

This works by selecting the Menu icon on the top right-hand side and selecting
    Search history.

Having this as a option would definitely be an excellent feature and I would suggest using the

Xbox Idea Hub
    so that the engineers that work might include it in the future.

I hope this was of some use to you.
    Hello,

Thanks for the response. I had a few follow-up questions that might clarify my original question.

1) When you say:

"There is, however a way to see your browsing history, but this works through your Microsoft account, and while in Bing search engine." and "This works by selecting the Menu icon on the top right-hand side and selecting Search history."

Are you just referring to the Bing search history in these statements? That is, I am assuming you are referring to the Bing search history and not the actual Microsoft edge search history in any way, is that correct?

2) Thank you for letting me know that there is no way to sync favorites in Microsoft Edge. Assuming you are only referring to "Bing search history" being possible to sync and not the actual Microsoft edge history being possible to sync on Xbox (this being
    what i think you mean in your response and what my first question is meant to clarify), then this would mean there is no way to sync any of the settings with a Microsoft account and xbox in Microsoft edge, or are other settings able to by syncd at all?

3) Lastly, has this inability to sync browsing history, etc., always been the case? Is it possible to sync browsing history for internet explorer instead?
  3. DeeVee1 Win User

I figured this might work in the future, but does anyone know if this currently works or maybe did in the past for edge or internet explorer on the xbox one or xbox 360? I cannot seem to find anything online about it.
  4. kev edin Win User

In not to sure , I would have thought that as long as you sign in to both with the same account then you should . There should be a option to sync. Not sure

I never have as I prefer ie on a computer to xbox 🤔
  5. TattBear Win User

I don't see any options to do this and I know that Edge on PC will be changing soon to be chrome based. Chrome does allow syncing but it all depends on whether they update edge on Xbox to the new chrome version and allow that setting. But it would be a
    great thing to have.
  6. DeeVee1 Win User

To be honest I don't use Edge on Xbox One too much and in my PC I use Chrome, but I don't see any option on Edge to sync data.
    by this you are referring to not seeing an option on the xbox, yes? as i know you can do it PC to PC.
Thema:

1. Xbox- syncing on Microsoft edge or IE possible with a PC? - Similar Threads - syncing Microsoft edge

2. Microsoft Jigsaw sync with cloud error 200019

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw sync with cloud error 200019: The sync to the cloud does not end so I can't get to the game. f4e4fc57-20c5-42e7-9e19-f74a20b57389
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw game status not syncing anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw game status not syncing anymore: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/microsoft-jigsaw/fa85bfb3-0b89-4da2-8dee-68c82272db9d Since about November 15th, 2018 my account seems not to be synced anymore. I searched...
  4. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games does not sync to the cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games does not sync to the cloud: I have spent hours chatting with a Microsoft and then an XBox rep. Reset MUWG, XBOX, Microsoft Store. I have rebooted several times. The program opens but cannot get my data fro the cloud. This...
  5. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games not syncing with Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games not syncing with Xbox.: Microsoft Ultimate Word Game not syncing with Xbox since mid-August. All achievements are shown on Xbox stats but won't sync to my game. All prior history is gone. It allows me to sign in without...
  6. Achievement Progress Not Syncing Between Microsoft Solitaire Collection (Windows 8 to Android)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievement Progress Not Syncing Between Microsoft Solitaire Collection (Windows 8 to Android): I have unlocked all of the achievements on the Windows 8 version of Microsoft Solitaire Collection. I know for a fact that stats and achievement progress for this game sync between the different...
  7. Microsoft Jigsaw not syncing correctly across different devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw not syncing correctly across different devices: I have the premium version of Microsoft Jigsaw and play daily on different Windows 10 Version 1703 PC machines and am signed in with my xbox account () but the coin totals, the solved puzzles and...
  8. Xbox and Microsoft account not syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox and Microsoft account not syncing: the e-mail I use to log in to my Microsoft account and my Xbox live account are different and I can't figure out how to sync them or delete the old e mail. Help please....
  9. Issue with Microsoft account online not syncing with Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Microsoft account online not syncing with Xbox one console: when I login to Microsoft account from my laptop it says I have Xbox live till 9/11/17. Console says I need to purchase live like the subscriptions expired. I have the auto pay setup it bills my...
  10. So, does Microsoft even PLAN on fixing the lip sync issues? It sure doesn't seem like it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    So, does Microsoft even PLAN on fixing the lip sync issues? It sure doesn't seem like it.: It's been months since I (and plenty of other people) started having lip sync issues with the video being ahead of audio. It happens when using the Blue Ray player and it when you use the...