: Xbox to PC game streaming and router

Discus and support : Xbox to PC game streaming and router in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox to PC game streaming and router Your router is capable of up to 300Mbit/s via WiFi in the N standard. However, due to the router being "only"... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by nthnu, Feb 4, 2020.

1. nthnu
    nthnu Guest

Your router is capable of up to 300Mbit/s via WiFi in the N standard.

However, due to the router being "only" a 2.4GHz WiFi, surrounding 2.4GHz wireless devices can impair your WiFi performance.

Even with an AC enabled router, you might not get the necessary performance if you have a lot of WiFi devices, unless it's a

MuMiMo
    capable WiFi Accesspoint.

So if possible, try to connect your console and PC to your router via ethernet cable.

If it has to be a Netgear, check the
    Netgear MuMiMo page
    for some recommended MuMiMo capable routers.

:)

nthnu, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox to PC game streaming and router

I would recommend using an ethernet connection for this instead of wifi if possible. A router is good if you have a long distance from the modem but you're always going to experience degradation on a wireless connections. Even if it's in your own house.
  3. mareledanut Win User

Wi-Fi in streaming is not a good idea, you need a stable connection, i would strongly recommend using an ethernet cable for more speed and more stable connection.
  4. McDaddyTree Win User

I tend to stick to Sysco/Linksys routers and haven't had any issues with them even with the high net speeds I get and mine isn't anything too fancy. I've seen too many issues with NetGear routers. Maybe the higher end ones are better but most standard
    ones seem to be hit or miss on how well they work and when they work. Also as always wired is always going to be better.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Your router is capable of up to 300Mbit/s via WiFi in the N standard.

However, due to the router being "only" a 2.4GHz WiFi, surrounding 2.4GHz wireless devices can impair your WiFi performance.

Even with an AC enabled router, you might not get the necessary performance if you have a lot of WiFi devices, unless it's a

MuMiMo
    capable WiFi Accesspoint.

So if possible, try to connect your console and PC to your router via ethernet cable.

If it has to be a Netgear, check the
    Netgear MuMiMo page
    for some recommended MuMiMo capable routers.
  6. slackadelic Win User

I would definitely look at one of the Netgear Nighthawks... they are pricey, but for basic home use and what you're wanting to do, it should work pretty well.
Thema:

1. : Xbox to PC game streaming and router - Similar Threads - game streaming router

2. Error streaming Destiny 2 from Game Pass app

in XBoX on Mobile
    Error streaming Destiny 2 from Game Pass app: I am trying to steam Destiny 2 on android phone and tablet using Game Pass app. Getting error "Failed to Steam. You don't have access to this content due to a family setting". I get the same error...
  3. xbox one companion app, game streaming to pc

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one companion app, game streaming to pc: Hello, I have started to have an issue with streaming my xbox one to my pc. I have used it fine for a while, but the other day when I loaded up the companion app and started game streaming my pc...
  4. Headset feedback and game lag when streaming to twitch with webcam

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset feedback and game lag when streaming to twitch with webcam: When I stream from my xbox to twitch it works just fine no lag no issues until I connect my usb webcam and then I get lag in the game and audio feedback on my headset. I have an xbox one, turtle...
  5. Xbox Streaming app: Xbox 360 games?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Streaming app: Xbox 360 games?: I just love how Microsoft is really pushing streaming on portable devices as this is something I wanted since 2015, I am an happy owner of a Razr Kishi and having a blast playing Xbox on my Note...
  6. Xbox Game Pass Streaming on Surface Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Streaming on Surface Pro: Hi, I'm trying to get Game Pass streaming on my Surface Pro but I only get an option to install the Game Pass games... Is there xCloud streaming on the Surface Pro? If not, why? Wasn't the whole...
  7. Xbox game pass streaming is a pixelated mess. I have an AX3000 Router, cable internet at...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox game pass streaming is a pixelated mess. I have an AX3000 Router, cable internet at...: Xbox game pass streaming is a pixelated mess. I have an AX3000 Router, cable internet at 50mbs and a note 10 phone. Are there any specific router settings or something I can do? and a note 10...
  8. Console stream disabled after game pass release

in XboX Insiders
    Console stream disabled after game pass release: So the 15th of September game pass finally released. But now the gamestream app tells me "we've moved to game pass" but I cannot stream my Xbox games on my Xbox one on the game pass app. Is...
  9. Via the streaming app it allows me to stream my xbox games but when I try and switch it to...

in XboX Insiders
    Via the streaming app it allows me to stream my xbox games but when I try and switch it to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Coast_Legal [link] [comments]
  10. Streaming games with offline router ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Streaming games with offline router ?: Good morning, I would like to ask about the function of streaming games between Xbox One S and a laptop with Windows 10. I understand that I get better image quality by connecting consoles and...