: Xbox to PC game streaming and router

Discus and support : Xbox to PC game streaming and router in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox to PC game streaming and router Your router is capable of up to 300Mbit/s via WiFi in the N standard. However, due to the router being "only"... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by nthnu, Feb 4, 2020.

1. nthnu
    nthnu Guest

Your router is capable of up to 300Mbit/s via WiFi in the N standard.

However, due to the router being "only" a 2.4GHz WiFi, surrounding 2.4GHz wireless devices can impair your WiFi performance.

Even with an AC enabled router, you might not get the necessary performance if you have a lot of WiFi devices, unless it's a

MuMiMo
    capable WiFi Accesspoint.

So if possible, try to connect your console and PC to your router via ethernet cable.

If it has to be a Netgear, check the
    Netgear MuMiMo page
    for some recommended MuMiMo capable routers.

:)

nthnu, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox to PC game streaming and router

I would recommend using an ethernet connection for this instead of wifi if possible. A router is good if you have a long distance from the modem but you're always going to experience degradation on a wireless connections. Even if it's in your own house.
  3. mareledanut Win User

Wi-Fi in streaming is not a good idea, you need a stable connection, i would strongly recommend using an ethernet cable for more speed and more stable connection.
  4. McDaddyTree Win User

I tend to stick to Sysco/Linksys routers and haven't had any issues with them even with the high net speeds I get and mine isn't anything too fancy. I've seen too many issues with NetGear routers. Maybe the higher end ones are better but most standard
    ones seem to be hit or miss on how well they work and when they work. Also as always wired is always going to be better.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Your router is capable of up to 300Mbit/s via WiFi in the N standard.

However, due to the router being "only" a 2.4GHz WiFi, surrounding 2.4GHz wireless devices can impair your WiFi performance.

Even with an AC enabled router, you might not get the necessary performance if you have a lot of WiFi devices, unless it's a

MuMiMo
    capable WiFi Accesspoint.

So if possible, try to connect your console and PC to your router via ethernet cable.

If it has to be a Netgear, check the
    Netgear MuMiMo page
    for some recommended MuMiMo capable routers.
  6. slackadelic Win User

I would definitely look at one of the Netgear Nighthawks... they are pricey, but for basic home use and what you're wanting to do, it should work pretty well.
Thema:

1. : Xbox to PC game streaming and router - Similar Threads - game streaming router

2. Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) Support and Discussion: Week of February 20, 2020

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) Support and Discussion: Week of February 20, 2020: Discuss your experiences and get help with Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) here all week long! This thread is open all week long to discuss all things Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) and get help...
  3. I can’t game stream anymore apparently

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t game stream anymore apparently: I recently signed up for xcloud and got a email to get the TestFlight app so I got it but then one day it just stopped working I’ve tried signing up but apparently I’m already in submitted by...
  4. Add on screen controls for Xbox Game Streaming Android and IOS

in XboX Insiders
    Add on screen controls for Xbox Game Streaming Android and IOS: It would be perfect for people who doesn't have a bluetooth controller submitted by /u/CyanWizzz [link] [comments]
  5. Streaming games from other consoles with Xbox One

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming games from other consoles with Xbox One: I don't know if this had been posted before, I've searched to no avail. In particular to streaming games from other consoles, I'll refer to Nintendo Switch since it has no option to stream to PC,...
  6. Accepted for game streaming but still cannot play!

in XboX Insiders
    Accepted for game streaming but still cannot play!: Good evening everybody! I got accepted for the project x cloud (game streaming app android) but i still cannot play. I contacted xbox live chat but they said i had to report my problem and on the...
  7. Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) Support and Discussion: Week of February 13, 2020

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) Support and Discussion: Week of February 13, 2020: Discuss your experiences and get help with Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) here all week long! This thread is open all week long to discuss all things Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) and get help...
  8. I enable the console game streaming in my xbox but when i login in my account in my xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    I enable the console game streaming in my xbox but when i login in my account in my xbox...: [IMG] submitted by /u/EugenioLeon31 [link] [comments]
  9. Xcloud/Game Streaming Forza Horizon 4 Music

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud/Game Streaming Forza Horizon 4 Music: First off, I'm super impressed with Xcloud/Game Streaming so far. It's super impressive. Little to no inpit lag except for control stick. That said, any reason why the songs are missing in FH4. Is...
  10. Streaming games with offline router ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Streaming games with offline router ?: Good morning, I would like to ask about the function of streaming games between Xbox One S and a laptop with Windows 10. I understand that I get better image quality by connecting consoles and...