Xbox to VGA monitor problems

Discus and support Xbox to VGA monitor problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a HDMI extension cable to a HDMI to VGA converter to my monitor that i use for the 360 all the time. I Decided to try it on my xbox one that i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xiu-MeiLiao, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Xiu-MeiLiao
    Xiu-MeiLiao Guest

I have a HDMI extension cable to a HDMI to VGA converter to my monitor that i use for the 360 all the time. I Decided to try it on my xbox one that i didnt really play. Now i have tried to hook it up the same way and its not working.

It worked once this morning after trying different settings it finally worked. Didnt change any setting and turned it off when i was done. Went to play again and nothing. At one point i did get a picture without sound but after restarting the xbox i got
    nothing again. Cant get any signal to my monitor. It is working fine on the tv. Tried my 360 again and that is working problem free to my monitor. I just dont understand why it worked and now its not at all.

I have tried disconnect and reconnecting all my cables. Restarted the xbox one. Tried all the combinations of hdmi and dvi overrides aswell as the auto-detect. No matter what i do i cant get a signal to my monitor again. 360 is working well just not xbox
    one.

Just not sure what to do now so im asking you

I do have the HDMI on output and not input

:)

Xiu-MeiLiao, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Thulm Win User

Hooking up a Xbox (the new one) to a 1920x1080 monitor

Have you tried maybe using a port-to-VGA input cord ? .

Considering it's a monitor , and not a TV , the VGA input would better suit the xbox and monitor .
  3. ArminatorX Win User

What resolution capabilities does the HDMI adapter tell the Xbox console? And what resolutions is your VGA monitor capable of doing?

Depending on the adapter, it might correctly tell the console that it can't do an encrypted HDCP connection, and if you try watch streaming videos or BluRays, they won't work.

But your issue seems to be that you don't get a picture at all.

Can you turn the console off, by holding the Xbox power button, then hold the Eject button down, and start the console while Eject is kept held down.

That will force the console to boot in 420p, which should display on your monitor.

Depending on your HDMI adapter's abilities and your monitor's resolution, manually set the console resolution to 720p or 1080p. Do not enable other resolutions, as your VGA monitor probably doesn't support 4K or HDR.
  4. Xiu-MeiLiao Win User

I have tried these and sadly nothing worked there. Its an original Xbox one if that helps
  5. ngocphi Win User

A monitor wouldnt have an hdmi output

It would only havr inputs

What is your configuration

If you are using a desktopthat isnt needed jist put into the monitor itself

Usuallu if you havr a blank scrren its best to remember it goes by computer resolutions not tv resolutions

Set the xbox one to 640x480

Then plug in the monitor

Donr bother with an extension cable plug the hdmi directly into the converter

Dont forget to set the monitor on that resolution i

Once it works then fine go up from there

Until you get bliurry lines then your monitor doesnt support that setting

Monitors woth hdmi would be only in

Its only when you connect to a desktop or laptop that they are out only
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Xiu,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns your monitor displaying no picture from the Xbox One console while using a HDMI to VGA converter.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to follow the various steps provided through our
    troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox One is on support article.

Try this for us, and then let us know if this information helped.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. Xbox to VGA monitor problems - Similar Threads - VGA monitor problems

2. Xbox One to VGA monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One to VGA monitor: Hey guys! I'm wanting to buy an Xbox One, but at the moment, I only have an HP x20LED monitor that I used for my 360. My concern is the HDMI to VGA conversion. Will the monitor be able to support...
  3. Connecting XBox 360 Slim via VGA to a PC Monitor.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting XBox 360 Slim via VGA to a PC Monitor.: I have an XBox 360 Slim model that I now need to move off my HDTV onto a PC Monitor. I purchased a 3rd party cable set that allows me to connect my PC monitor via VGA using these cables. However,...
  4. VGA Monitor + Sound Cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA Monitor + Sound Cable: I am going to be getting an XBox One and do not own a television. I have a VGA monitor, non-HDMI, without internal speakers. What cable do I need to play the Xbox using the monitor? I know it's...
  5. Connecting Xbox 360 E to monitor using a HDMI to VGA adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting Xbox 360 E to monitor using a HDMI to VGA adapter?: Hi, I'm planning on connecting my Xbox 360 E console to my monitor using an HDMI to VGA adapter, found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00879DM56/ I've looked up a lot of stuff online...
  6. HELP! Xbox one to vga monitor with no audio jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! Xbox one to vga monitor with no audio jack: So I bought the xbox one off a friend that doesnt really use it. I played my 360 on my monitor as its on my computer desk this monitor is also used as a 2nd monitor for desktop pc via a vga...
  7. Xbox 360 E and monitor VGA port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E and monitor VGA port: Hello, I have Xbox360 E and i like to connect it with my monitor with VGA.I bought cable HDMI-VGA, but didnt work. Do I need adapter HDMI to VGA ? 919f1555-1124-4d82-a7f8-928745c12225
  8. Connecting the One to a VGA monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting the One to a VGA monitor?: Is there an adapter that I can buy to connect the One to my VGA monitor? Also, since my monitor doesn't have speakers built in I also need it to have RCA jacks for my headset. Does anyone know...
  9. How to setup Xbox One with a DVI/VGA monitor and audio with Turtle Beach x12s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to setup Xbox One with a DVI/VGA monitor and audio with Turtle Beach x12s?: Hey guys! I currently own an Xbox 360 that I play on a monitor and an Xbox One that i play on my TV. I want to switch the 2 because i prefer to play games on my monitor as my personal...
  10. Would a wire that connects Xbox 360's HDMI to a computer monitor's VGA port work to be ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would a wire that connects Xbox 360's HDMI to a computer monitor's VGA port work to be ...: I know that Minecraft can't run splitscreen if you use composite AV wires, but if you use a wire that connects the Xbox HDMI to VGA, would it work. Here is the link to the wire I'm talking about:...