Xbox trigger malfunction

Discus and support Xbox trigger malfunction in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've had my Xbox controller for a bit over a year now. And as of recently it has started to go a bit bad. There's stick drift in both my joysticks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Taurtis2143, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Taurtis2143
    Taurtis2143 Guest

Xbox trigger malfunction

So I've had my Xbox controller for a bit over a year now. And as of recently it has started to go a bit bad. There's stick drift in both my joysticks and then now there's a new issue that is super annoying. Whenever I move my right joystick to go up, my left trigger is activated as well.

:)

Taurtis2143, Dec 4, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox trigger malfunction

Hello, how are you? Hope you're well. My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Unfortunately, this is apparently a hardware issue, so you would need to take it in for a repair or replacement of the defective part of the controller. In some cases Microsoft supports out-of-warranty devices, however, you would need to pay the repair cost, see more about this in the link below, please.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

- There are videos on the internet too where technicians teach you how to fix the control in your own home, but I don't suggest you do this, as this can damage your control even more.

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you. Let me know if you have more questions, please.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Right trigger malfunctioning

If the controller is still under guarantee and has has not been dropped or damaged you could send it for repair.

If not under guarantee you can request and exchange/repair of your current controller but the price difference between this and a new controller you could just purchase a new one and keep this one for a spare or when you have friends around.
  4. TealSwordLord Win User

Yup, it hasn't been damaged at all, I never let it fall on the floor, drench in water and what not.

I've had it for like 3 months. Should I contact my local retailer or microsoft themselves? Thanks for answering my question.
  5. LovelyFawn24998 Win User

dude right button is breakin off thats why it's rattling Date purchased 2/18/2016 right button breaks off 2/28/2016 was rattling with vibration before that though face the controller down when holding a shake lightly i bet ur button with drop out.
    second controller to fall apart on my since november last year.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Kaiyo, how are you today? Hope you're well.

You lost it because of any malfunction or just happened regardless?

If it was malfunction, you could trigger the warranty mate, otherwise, the warranty would not cover it. :/
Thema:

Xbox trigger malfunction

1. Xbox trigger malfunction - Similar Threads - trigger malfunction

2. Series X controller has stiff trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controller has stiff trigger: I recently got the 20th anniversary controller for the Series X and for a few weeks it worked perfectly fine. Now whenever I put batteries in it, the left trigger gets really stiff and squeaks a...
  3. Xbox Series X Halo Edition - Stricky Right Trigger in 2 weeks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Halo Edition - Stricky Right Trigger in 2 weeks: Hey everyone, I'm just worried about my xbox series x halo infinite stock controller that came with the console. After just nearly 2 weeks of playing NFS Heat, the right trigger has become...
  4. Left and Right Triggers not working on PC, Bluetooth Connection, Xbox One Controller, All...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left and Right Triggers not working on PC, Bluetooth Connection, Xbox One Controller, All...: I recently connected my xbox controller to my pc to play DS3 and after I remapped the buttons using XOutput all the buttons mapped properly except for the triggers which wouldn't register on my pc...
  5. Controller trigger vibration problems.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller trigger vibration problems.: I have an Xbox Elite controller, I believe its a later series 1 model. I use the controller on PC. I noticed while playing games with it the trigger vibration seemed a bit off. I went to the...
  6. Elite controller 2 trigger stops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite controller 2 trigger stops: Small trigger stop covers, 1 is missing. Is it possible to get a couple in the post??? 37 Commercial Road, Dereham Norfolk NR191AE England. e47ae9a8-aa5b-4484-b5c9-3303527f7c63
  7. Games not trigger HDR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games not trigger HDR: Hello there, i have some issues with my xbox sx console, the games dont trigger HDR anymore, and i play on sdr !! On tv settings all boxes are ticked (allow hdr etc) what happens? Another issue is...
  8. Elite 2 Mapping still showing up after delete profile and left trigger activating when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Mapping still showing up after delete profile and left trigger activating when...: So like the title says. 1st the trigger issue. I noticed when playing forza when I would turn the brake lights would come on. I hooked the controller up to pc and noticed with the trigger lock...
  9. Xbox One Elite Controller Trigger Malfunctioning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller Trigger Malfunctioning: My Elite Controller's triggers are malfunctioning. Before I start, all the firmware and drivers are updated and I have done all the troubleshooting recommended. I have also tried calibrating the...
  10. Right trigger malfunctioning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right trigger malfunctioning: Hi there, I haven't really found a lot of info on this one, other than a single post and a youtube tutorial, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask away. My right trigger "rattles" now and when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox elite controller series 2 right trigger issues fixed