Xbox troubleshooting

Discus and support Xbox troubleshooting in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've gone to the troubleshooting screen and selected the reset that keeps games etc, but it's been about 20 minutes and it hasn't moved from 61%. I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JacobKimbel, May 28, 2022.

1. JacobKimbel
    JacobKimbel Guest

Xbox troubleshooting

I've gone to the troubleshooting screen and selected the reset that keeps games etc, but it's been about 20 minutes and it hasn't moved from 61%. I'm confused on what to do next.

:)

JacobKimbel, May 28, 2022
  2. NaZoooom Win User

Xbox Troubleshooting

Hi DeigzP,

Its hard to say if any damage was caused by this that could effect your console long term but if the Xbox booted up, then there shouldn’t be an issue as power surges often render devices unusable immediately. I would suggest you invest in a power surge
    extension cable, they are pretty inexspensive and offer protection when it comes to power surges.

As for your ventilation question, check out this How to position and ventilate your Xbox console support page.

Hope this helps :)
  3. [ A J ] Win User

Xbox troubleshooting

Hi, JacobKimbel!
    Thank you for the information.

It's generally discouraged to do anything to a console while it's in the middle of a reset or an update process, so I'd suggest giving it more time to either fail or complete or complete this process on its own. If the reset fails, your console will probably give you a "Something went wrong" screen and an error code we could use to better understand the console's problem and decide what troubleshooting steps we'll take.

If you find that your console has been stuck on that screen for 1 hour or longer, then try turning it off by pressing and holding the power button, wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on to see if it puts you back on the "Preparing console" screen. If it does, please give it a few minutes to see if it makes any progress.

Please let me know how it goes.
  4. DeigzP Win User

Xbox Troubleshooting

Thank you. Very informative
  5. [ A J ] Win User

Xbox troubleshooting

Hi, JacobKimbel! thank you for reaching out.
    My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I believe additional information is needed:

- May I ask which Xbox model you are using?
    - Is your console part of the Insider program?
    - Which part of the reset process are you on? could you describe what you see on your screen?
    - Do you have any external devices plugged into your console?
    - What was the reason behind doing a soft factory reset? were you experiencing some issues with your console?

Thank you.
  6. JacobKimbel Win User

Xbox troubleshooting

Xbox one series s, it is not part of the insider program, the screen reads: preparing console, it loads up to 61% and freezes on 61%. No other devices. And my xbox was taking basically 12 years to boot up this morning and so I did a power reset and that didn't work and a couple times the green xbox one screen would pop up and 5 minutes later disappear to a black screen.
Thema:

Xbox troubleshooting

1. Xbox troubleshooting - Similar Threads - troubleshooting

2. How to do an offline system update when the troubleshooting menu will not let me do the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to do an offline system update when the troubleshooting menu will not let me do the...: So recently, my original Xbox 1 has stopped working after an update in approximately January 2022 or December 2021. It's stuck on a completely black screen, I can only get to the screen where you...
  3. Can't navigate troubleshoot menu on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't navigate troubleshoot menu on xbox series x: When i turn on my xbox it's stuck on startup screen. I've tried to do a hard reset but it didn't solve the issue so i decided to do a factory reset but when the troubleshoot menu turns on i can't...
  4. I have an issue with the troubleshooting menu

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an issue with the troubleshooting menu: My console has the E106 error but when I try to access to the troubleshooting menu holding the eject and paring buttons at the same time but the second turn on tone doesn’t appear and I don’t if...
  5. Why does my Xbox turn off immediately after opening the troubleshooting menu?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox turn off immediately after opening the troubleshooting menu?: I have a Series S console. For some reason it won’t update online, so I have to perform offline system updates. Every other function online works, but there’s always an issue updating it. This...
  6. TroubleShoot menu questions

in XBoX on Windows
    TroubleShoot menu questions: Hi, I have a couple of questions about the TroubleShoot menu on the Xbox One S (Xbox One Slim from 2018). 1) What component inside the console is causing the trouble shoot menu to appear because...
  7. Looking for help troubleshooting poor video quality over my 1Gbps internet service.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for help troubleshooting poor video quality over my 1Gbps internet service.: So I'm starting to use the streaming capabilities of Xbox Cloud on my Gamepass Ultimate subscription. Having a weird issue that I'm having a hard time finding anyone else having, let alone any way...
  8. Xbox One X stuck on troubleshooter

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X stuck on troubleshooter: My xbox is stuck on troubleshoot. I tried the different osu files but later learned that those don’t work while in the insider program. Any idea when osu1 will catch up to alpha skip ahead so i...
  9. Xbox Game Pass Wolfenstein Youngblood troubleshooting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Wolfenstein Youngblood troubleshooting: Hello everyone, got the Xbox Game Pass and wanted to play Wolfenstein Youngblood. I played some time, but then the game keeps crashing with this message. I messaged the Bethesda support and they...
  10. Xbox One Error Loop to troubleshoot screen (E101 and E102)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Error Loop to troubleshoot screen (E101 and E102): Hi, can someone help please with my Xbox One with OS version showing as 22000.2989.amd64fre.xb_flt_2111co.211109-2200. I am getting E101 00000503 80070003 code and does not allow me to do...