Xbox turn itself off suddently multiple times

Discus and support Xbox turn itself off suddently multiple times in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. Xbox one x 1.5 years old having shutdown issues. Couple days ago under loading in the ori and Will game it suddently turned itself off.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Windyrunner, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Windyrunner
    Windyrunner Guest

Hello.

Xbox one x 1.5 years old having shutdown issues.

Couple days ago under loading in the ori and Will game it suddently turned itself off.

Then it have worked fine for 2 days, but now when i tried to use internet edge browser it turned itself off again, turned it back on and entered the browser, same happened 2 more times so now 3 times after each other while i enter the browser.

What could be wrong?

Tnx for help.

:)

Windyrunner, Mar 21, 2020
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

3. Windyrunner Win User

Not 100% sure, but it might unfortunately be another bug. I've seen some others have the same issue. For example:

https://old.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/fmrefm/the_new_ori_keeps_shutting_down_my_x1x/

I know it was also happening with a Call of Duty game too:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...consoles/afa37235-2f71-4e5f-85a2-e55459f03a3a

Might be something to do with the console(s). Hard to know for sure if there isn't an error message.
    Good to know! Maby this ori and Will game caused the system unstable, i havent had this issue before i installed that game.
  4. Windyrunner Win User

There are a few other things to take a look at, but if you could provide some more information it will help us decide the best troubleshooting steps. You said this has happened across multiple games/apps, but does this happen about the same time the system
    has been on? For example did it shut down after about 1 hour or use or 2 hours of use or were the times different enough to notice?

Do you have the option to try plugging the Xbox into another outlet (not the second outlet on the same plug, but of a different location entirely) and test if it also happens there? Or is it connected to a power strip?

Let us know, I'm happy to help troubleshoot with you for this.
    Hello. Thank you so much for the support.

First time it ever happened i had played call of duty warzone for two hours, then when i launched ori and the will game right after it shutted off on the loading screen.

In next couple days i only play call of duty again, and ori and will works just fine.

When i launched the web browser and loaded up a page the same happened, 4 times i tried to turn on and use the browser but it continued to shut down, but playing games working fine for now.

Next step was to hold the powerbutton on the console, and plugging out the power cable for 10 seconds.

Now the web browser still froze, but second time i tried today and it was like the browser was reset with a start page only, and now it works just fine.

Very strange that it happen sometimes here and there, and it have never happened under playing call of duty or fortnite so far the 1.5 years i have using it.

The cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet.

Yes im going to test another outlet, but the one in use isnt old or anything wrong with it (had electrican here just a couple years ago)

It can happen on a cold machine just started up or when it have been on for hours, dosnt seems to have anything to say.
  5. Rise skatarr Win User

I Agree and that should be resolved best of luck you have my vote
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

"i have the power settings to never turn off automaticly.

This happen when it just started up also, no wierd noice. It does not restart, the xbox button blink a couple times

i had played call of duty warzone for two hours, then when i launched ori and the will game right after it shutted off on the loading screen.

i launched the web browser and loaded up a page the same happened, 4 times i tried to turn on and use the browser but it continued to shut down,

Now the web browser still froze, but second time i tried today and it was like the browser was reset with a start page only, and now it works just fine. "

The Instant on power mode setting shouldn't cause your issue.

The Nexus button blinking sounds suspiciously like the Restart phase of a system update.

Are you in a Insider preview ring that gets regular (1-4) updates a week?

If you go past a mandatory time for the update it will interrupt whatever your playing.

Are you quitting a game before launching another or Edge?

If you have a lot of pages open in Egde, they will try to load when you launch it.

I prefer to have Edge launch to the Start up page and choose 1 page to load at a time, which all take resources (memory) of the console.
Thema:

1. Xbox turn itself off suddently multiple times - Similar Threads - turn itself off

2. Xbox One S will turn on but blank tv screen and console turn itself off after about 10...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S will turn on but blank tv screen and console turn itself off after about 10...: Was working fine until few days ago. Have replaced the hdmi to hdmi cable, used hairdryer to clean out any dust in console, checked power cable, tried to reset by holding main button and disc...
  3. Xbox One S s'éteind toute seule -[Translation - Xbox One S turns off by itself]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S s'éteind toute seule -[Translation - Xbox One S turns off by itself]: Bonjour, depuis le début d'aprés midi, ma Xbox s'éteind toute seule quand je lance un jeu au bout de 3-4 min. En larallumant, un message de prevention concernant la ventilation de la console...
  4. Controller Vibration: Turns Itself Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Vibration: Turns Itself Off: Hello, I am having a major issue, as my wired controller will (at random) turn off it's vibration setting without command. I don't know what the problem is but it's also turning itself off as...
  5. Xbox keeps shutting off by itself after turning it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps shutting off by itself after turning it on: Every time I turn on my Xbox and try to play a game it shuts off like every two minutes and when I turn it back on and says I have a sufficient ventilation problem andI’m scared to open the Xbox...
  6. Xbox One S turning on and off by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S turning on and off by itself: My boyfriend is having this problem. We were in a facetime call around 11 at night and i heard it turn on, his tv was off but when he checked the Xbox app it says he was playing fortnite, it then...
  7. Xbox one S only turning on for a bit without display then turns itself off after 1min.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S only turning on for a bit without display then turns itself off after 1min.: This is my sons xbox 1 s, it's not turning onto display ,it's only 2 years old, I have unplugged it all given it a dust left it for 30 sec ,plugged all back in same thing. The controller turns it...
  8. Xbox one ligando e desligando sozinho -[Translation - Xbox one turning on and off by itself]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one ligando e desligando sozinho -[Translation - Xbox one turning on and off by itself]: Olá. Eu preciso de uma ajuda desesperadamente. Vou descrever o problema detalhadamente, já que eu tentei muitas coisas. Esse é o cenário que o Xbox está ligado hoje: Moro em um apartamento,...
  9. connecting the seagate 8tb Xbox Edition hard drive, the Xbox one s turns itself off. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    connecting the seagate 8tb Xbox Edition hard drive, the Xbox one s turns itself off. Why?: Hi, I bought a seagate 8tb Xbox Edition hard drive. when I connect it to my Xbox one s, this su immediately turns off and to turn it back on I have to disconnect the power for a while and turn it...
  10. Xbox turns off by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turns off by itself: I opened the Xbox on Christmas day and it worked perfectly fine but on the second day it just got messed up and started to shut itself off for some reason. 8654b16f-2ddc-4a30-804f-8d6353e1d4f9