Xbox turned off

Discus and support Xbox turned off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox turned off last night. I suspected it had overheated and left it to cool down. This morning i have tried to turn it on however; the icon does... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wookie12, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Wookie12
    Wookie12 Guest

Xbox turned off

My Xbox turned off last night. I suspected it had overheated and left it to cool down. This morning i have tried to turn it on however; the icon does not light up but the "turn on" sound still occurs. Any help?

:)

Wookie12, Jan 22, 2021
  2. NaZoooom Win User

Xbox turns on then turns off

Hi TEEZYdennis,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Xbox. Is it safe to assume it is an Xbox One?

I suggest a reset of the console via the troubleshooting screen to get you back to a factory reset.

To access the troubleshooting screen use these steps:

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.
    2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    4. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press theXbox button on the console.
    5. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

From there you can reset your console.

Hope this helps and do keep us posted.
  3. DENAz666 Win User

Xbox Turns off

Hi,

There are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try that might help fix the issue:

Console turns off unexpectedly

Failing that, if it is still in warranty then it might be worth sending it in for repair, which you can also do through that link I just posted :)
  4. NathanielMiller1 Win User

Xbox turning off

Xbox is connected to the wall. And i have my controller charger connected to it through usb. But the problem was occuring before that before that
  5. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox turning off

Hello Nathaniel,

After reading through here concerning the issue with Fortnite causing the console to crash and turn off when playing it, this might very well be derived from corruption.

If the factory reset that resets everything (Full Factory Reset) has not been attempted, now would be the time
    to try it:

Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted.
    You should use this option when selling or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.

It is also recommended to reach out to Epic Games to allow them the knowledge of what is occurring. Others may be affected, to which the developer can work
    on correcting this error.

Let us know the results of our suggestions.

Best wishes!
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox turning off

Hi Nathaniel,

I suggest giving your Xbox a
    factory reset
    to restore the operating system and clear any corruption that may be causing this to happen.

Give that a try and if the issue persists go ahead and re-install the game again after the factory reset.
Thema:

Xbox turned off

1. Xbox turned off - Similar Threads - turned off

2. Turning off vibration for second controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turning off vibration for second controller.: If I play a two player game I can sign in on second controller using guest account, but it won't let me change controller configuration so it doesn't vibrate. If i do manage to do that, then it...
  3. Why dose my xbox turn itself off after the huge crash a few weeks ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why dose my xbox turn itself off after the huge crash a few weeks ago: My xbox has been acting up and every time i plug up my mic and it's adapter my whole xbox shuts off like i reset it 9c76cf77-9049-403a-9db3-67bf0b84054c
  4. Controller won’t turn off and doesn’t respond to inputs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t turn off and doesn’t respond to inputs: My elite 2 controller stopped working in the middle of a game and I tried to turn it off but it woldn’t let me, it doesn’t do anything when i use any of the buttons and doesn’t show any other...
  5. NIGHTMARE: Xbox series X turns off during NBA 2k21 Next-Gen online games

in XboX Insiders
    NIGHTMARE: Xbox series X turns off during NBA 2k21 Next-Gen online games: This has become a nightmare, I can't play online because the game turns off the console randomly. Initially I thought it was a problem with the game but several updates have arrived and after 3...
  6. Finally an option to turn off Dashboard-Sounds and Button-Sounds. Give us more accessibility

in XboX Insiders
    Finally an option to turn off Dashboard-Sounds and Button-Sounds. Give us more accessibility: Greetings. It was actually the DACH Xbox Twitter account redirected me here. It's no secret that I'm pretty disappointed that Xbox not only took this Xbox One Dashboard into the new generation for...
  7. my xbox turns on for a second and immediately turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox turns on for a second and immediately turns off: I have a problem with my xbox one (original). Recently I have just got on to play Xbox and the last time I played was in November. It was working perfectly fine but today during an update, it...
  8. my narrator i you not turn off in any my halo games after dec 2020 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    my narrator i you not turn off in any my halo games after dec 2020 update: I am a bug with narrator it will turn off in any halo game after dec 2020 os update and my all game save delete unknows resain bug on my xbox one s fd236570-a25f-4b91-b2dc-017ba770ff53
  9. Xbox powers off the second I turn it off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox powers off the second I turn it off.: So for the past couple of months now I left my xbox alone since I played on pc. But I went back onto the xbox this week and it worked great. I even dusted it. Now today I plug it in and It boots...
  10. Downloads and updates not working when the Xbox is turned off

in XboX Insiders
    Downloads and updates not working when the Xbox is turned off: Have been using the instant-on feature since the original Xbox One. I have 4 Xbox consoles in total and two of those (Series X and One X) are in the preview programme. These two consoles aren’t...