Xbox turning on but there is nothing on the screen.

Discus and support Xbox turning on but there is nothing on the screen. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox is turning on, but there is just a black screen saying no signal. The TV is working fine, so it definitely isn't that. I can turn the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisElson2, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ChrisElson2
    ChrisElson2 Guest

My Xbox is turning on, but there is just a black screen saying no signal. The TV is working fine, so it definitely isn't that. I can turn the console off using the controller (by clicking home, up and A) so I know that it is loading up, I just can't see
    anything! It was all working fine until earlier today. I know there have been issues with Xbox, but they seem to be resolved now and I am still having problems.

:)

ChrisElson2, Feb 7, 2019
  2. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry about the hassle with this persisting issue. Since it's asking to perform the offline system update, what it needs is for you to download the
    OSU1 file to a Windows based PC from there you should copy the file to the flash drive.

On your Xbox all you would need to do is load up the Xbox troubleshooter page which should look like this:

[​IMG]

Note If you need to bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on your console, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
    Next you want to plug the USB flash drive with the Offline System Update files into a USB port on your Xbox. When the flash drive is inserted, the
    Offline System Update option on the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter will be an option to choose.

Go ahead and give it a try again, and let's see if it works.

Let us know the results or if it's still persisting.
  3. ChrisElson2 Win User

Hi again!

Still struggling I'm afraid! It says I need to download the update to a USB stick and then asks me to go onto the Xbox to confirm which version of the OS I'm running. Obviously I can't do this as I only get a black screen when I'm booting up. Any advice?
    I use my Xbox daily for everything, so I assume I have the most recent updates?

Cheers,

Chris
  4. ChrisElson2 Win User

Thanks, but I'm getting a black screen whether I'm online or not. I've tried turning off my router and starting up and still nothing. I fear that it may be a new X-box job. I'm losing faith that this one can be rescued!
  5. FacelessMr mj Win User

I have tried all of you suggestions, and I still get the same result, a black screen and nothing else. So could this actually still be a problem at your end, and not ours?
  6. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about the current issue. This was a known issue that was going around that has been affecting majority of our customers.

For this we have seen that there's one solution that has been helping out.

The process that has been helping out is to perform a power cycle on the Xbox and reset/restart the networking hardware.

To perform a power cycle on the Xbox:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 30 seconds.
      Important Be sure to wait 30 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Don't turn on the Xbox yet.
    5. Next you perform the restart/reset network:
    • Unplug the Router's power cable. Wait 30 seconds.
    • Plug the cable back in and wait for the network to be back up and running.
    Give it a shot and let us know if it helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox turning on but there is nothing on the screen. - Similar Threads - turning nothing screen

2. Xbox One S turns on (there is power) but there is nothing popping up on the screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S turns on (there is power) but there is nothing popping up on the screen: Have had this XBox One S 1TB since 12/3/2018 and it just started acting up after Microsofts Update happened.... I have tried the bind button and eject button stuff, and unplugging and waiting the...
  3. My Xbox console is turn on but there nothing showing up on the tv, it just a black screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox console is turn on but there nothing showing up on the tv, it just a black screen...: At first i turn my xbox console on and it turn on but it just show a black screen so i tried to turn it off but it wont turn off until i pull out the plug from the wall outlet. Then i put the plug...
  4. X box 1s turns on, but nothing on tv screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box 1s turns on, but nothing on tv screen.: Tried multiple HDMI leads, multiple slots. (Everything else works with leads and slots) Registered console with xbox support, (only 6 months old) tried to request repair, but according to xbox...
  5. Xbox liga e não aparece nada na tela[Xbox turns on and nothing appears on the screen]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox liga e não aparece nada na tela[Xbox turns on and nothing appears on the screen]: Como faço pra resolver o problema do meu xbox ? Se tento entrar em contado com a microsoft e nao consigo .. [Translation - How do I solve my xbox problem? If I try to contact microsoft and I...
  6. Xbox One S - X Button Light turns on and console appears on but nothing is visible on TV...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - X Button Light turns on and console appears on but nothing is visible on TV...: Hi Guys, Need urgent help. My Xbox One S - X Button Light turns on pressing the power button and console appears on but nothing is visible on TV and turns of after 40 - 50 Sec. This happened...
  7. AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen

in XboX Networking Hardware
    AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen: AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen Hi There, Try holding the power and eject buttons together until you hear 2 beeps. This resets teh resolution to...
  8. Xbox one problem, turns on but nothing shown on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one problem, turns on but nothing shown on screen: (Sorry if the is the wrong place to post this) My xbox one turns on, but no image is shown on screen. The normal menu sound are in the headphones I have connected to the controller, but now there...
  9. Please help, very frustrated. Xbox one turns on but nothing showing up on screen, no video or ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help, very frustrated. Xbox one turns on but nothing showing up on screen, no video or ...: So, this is the fourth replacement I got in a month because Microsoft are a bunch of idiots. This time my Xbox one turns on, all looks well but nothing is showing on my tv. My HDMI is connected...
  10. Turned on the power of my Xbox One, and nothing shows up on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turned on the power of my Xbox One, and nothing shows up on screen: It's been 2 weeks I haven't touched my XB1 and I was in the mood of playing some Forza 6, so I turned on the power and my TV screen showed nothing, not even the green Xbox screen. My Xbox button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox turn on but noothing on screen