Xbox Turning on by Itself

Discus and support Xbox Turning on by Itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Just want to know why my xbox one turns on randomly and unexpectedly while it is off. I do not have kinnect for it and want to see if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Surewahnot, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Surewahnot
    Surewahnot Guest

Hello Everyone,

Just want to know why my xbox one turns on randomly and unexpectedly while it is off. I do not have kinnect for it and want to see if it's a defective xbox or if there is a fix for it.

Thanks!

:)

Surewahnot, Jan 8, 2019
  2. chj2363 Win User

XBOX turns on by itself?

No software compromise will turn on your console. It's more likely a rogue controller being pressed down somewhere. Do you have one of the dvd remotes is maybe someone messing with you from another room? If someone is using your tag you would get an alert
    when you sign in that you've been recently signed in on another console. This happened to me I found a controller in my computer desk that I had forgotten about and when it got moved the button pressed down.
  3. LunacyBlade Win User

XBOX turns on by itself?

Hello! This is a very strange issue indeed! You don't live in a shared housing complex, where your neighbors next door may also have consoles, do you? Sometimes, this can result in interference between different people's consoles.

-

If this isn't the issue, it may be something called wireless interference. Do you have many wireless devices in the room, especially around the Xbox, that could be causing interference? Things like cell phones, remotes, and microwaves. If you suspect
    this is the cause, try removing such devices from around the Xbox, or the room entirely. After doing so, try again, and see if this fixes the issue.

-

If after trying the above, you still have this issue, check all USB connections. Things like USB keyboards, and even a Kinect sensor, can wake the Xbox and cause it to power on. If you think this may be the issue, try removing all USB connections after
    powering your Xbox 360 off, and see if it helps remedy the situation.

-

Lastly, if none of the above work, unplug your Xbox 360 and try to clean the power button with a microfiber cloth. Dust and grime can cause the power button to accidentally activate on its own at times.

-

Please let us know if this helps you!
  4. ExponentFox7701 Win User

Xbox turning on by itself

Yes this a common thing with the console. There are a few things to look at first I'm assuming you talking about the original Xbox One and not the S model. The original Xbox one uses touch sensitive switch to power the unit on and off, they are sensitive to
    a ground fault condition. This can be caused by having the console plugged into a power strip that is a surge suppressor. The Xbox One console have build in surge suppressors so they need to pulled directly into the wall outlet and not a surge suppressor
    power strip ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/connect-power-supply ). Also make sure it's not on a circuit that has a GFI breaker, these are the ones like to
    bathrooms usually.

With some Samsung TVs, turning on your TV may also turn on your Xbox.

The other thing is a controller that might be faulty and sending the power on signal but the controller does not power on itself. Pull the batteries from your controllers and see if you console still randomly turns on.

Another thing to realize is your Xbox One has an IR sensor to receive remote control signals and some remotes can send the correct signals to power on your console. Logitech Harmony remote do this. There are apps on Cell phones that will also do this as
    some cell phone like Samsungs have an IR transmitter. Try to cover the IR sensor on you console if you think you have something that might be sending the IR signal.

Another thing that will turn on your console the the Xbox App on windows 10, iphone, ipads or Android phones/tables. The device only need to be on the same network as your Xbox. I know of students in an dorm using the same network accidentally turning
    on and off wrong consoles, the same true in hotels (those are usually not accidentally). You can go into the setting on the console and require app connection to authenticate before connecting.

With all these things the most common cause is usually the first one, not plugged directly into the wall outlet. The next is a rouge IR signal (from a neighbors house!!!). I think MS second is different them mine which is a controller issue (pull the batteries).

I hope this all helps.
  5. kayakking1 Win User

XBOX turns on by itself?

Thanks for all the help, although it turns out that my Guitar Hero controller was under a load of stuff in my bedroom and was on, hence causing the xbox to turn on by itself and to show an extra controller being connected XD
  6. BiblioBetty Win User

Xbox turns itself on

I have this problem as well. I have only had my xbox for three days! Did I get a bum unit? It just randomly turns itself on. I'd like to find out how to make it stop doing this. Has a solution been found?
Thema:

1. Xbox Turning on by Itself - Similar Threads - Turning Itself

2. Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on.: Thought that my Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on issue was solved. WRONG! Seems to be turning itself on at times that I would sometimes be playing. Just have to deal with it. Thanks...
  3. X box one not powering up - turns itself off straight away

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one not powering up - turns itself off straight away: Hi, We are having problems with my son's X box one S - as soon as we try and turn it on - it shuts itself down within a second or two. We have tried turning it off and back on again (including...
  4. Xbox one power does not work when I touched it and turns off by itself and makes beep...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power does not work when I touched it and turns off by itself and makes beep...: My xbox power button not responding to touch and keeps making ejecting disc noise like crazy turns off as soon as it get to the menu or turn on right away with ejecting disc noises...
  5. Xbox one turning itself on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turning itself on: So the last couple days my xboX one has been turning itself on and then my soundbar switches to bluetooth and starts playing the sound from a soccer game. Have i i beenhacked or is it some kind of...
  6. Mi Xbox One se apaga [Translation-My Xbox one turns itself off]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mi Xbox One se apaga [Translation-My Xbox one turns itself off]: Hola, he estado jugando al rainbow six en mi Xbox y se me apaga solamente al jugar a ese juego. Me recomendaron desinstalar y volver a instalar el juego pero no me funcionó, me gustaría que...
  7. Xbox One is turning itself off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One is turning itself off?: Hi All Ive had a Xbox for 4 days and today it has started to turn itself off. Ive unplugged it and left it for 30mins but when I plugged it back in it and pushed the power button it turned itself...
  8. My xbox one x turns itself on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x turns itself on: Can anyone answer this question? Already my old 3 year old xbox one 500 GB turned on myself, but I decided it was just a console's fault because it was years old. But it also started happening...
  9. Xbox one X crashing then turning itself off middle of games, updates and downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X crashing then turning itself off middle of games, updates and downloads: Hi, got a brand new Xbox one X around 3 weeks ago from day 1 its been turning itself off when im playing games, on the store or even downloading/updating games. Its like a crash sound then turns...
  10. Xbox 360 open/closen tray and turn on/off by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 open/closen tray and turn on/off by itself: My xbox 360 slim opens and closen tray and turn off and on by itself. And is beeping like i press all buttons really fast many times. It don't matter if it on or off. It is pretty old so i don't...