Xbox turns completely black

Discus and support Xbox turns completely black in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time when I press the power button my xbox turn on but there is nothing on the screen. The hdmi cable is connected. So i don't know why my screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DroogEnzo, Oct 9, 2019.

1. DroogEnzo
    DroogEnzo Guest

Every time when I press the power button my xbox turn on but there is nothing on the screen. The hdmi cable is connected. So i don't know why my screen stays black.

Can some of you please help me.

:)

DroogEnzo, Oct 9, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

You might also try a different HDMI cable and HDMI port on your TV.
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello DroogEnzo,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns a black screen on your television when you turn on your Xbox One console.

Our suggestion here, please attempt following our troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox
    One is on
    support article for various steps that can be tried in order to resolve this case. Try this out for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  4. AndrewCranford1 Win User

Update

All I see right now is my Xbox one Consol Xbox symbol lighting up and turning off as it would regularly doing a restart. But my screen is completely black and hast even started up
  5. minus365 Win User

Xbox one running when turned off....

I had similar problem with my console. It simply couldn't be turned off. Xbox logo on console was still blinking, but screen turned black. Seemed like some process was stucked at the background blocking completion of shut down process.

I replaced it for another unit and now it works properly.
  6. Wolfstar20 Win User

less than a day old and the green screen fault

Mine has not started working after waiting, but on the first day it appeared (Christmas), I waited for awhile and instead of a full black screen a black screen with the Xbox logo appeared. Also I had a random time where it completely worked for me after
    turning it off and on a bunch and I was able to connect to live too. But the problem appeared again after I turned off the console to solve Netflix freezing problems.
Thema:

1. Xbox turns completely black - Similar Threads - turns completely black

2. Xbox One won’t turn on completely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won’t turn on completely: So i have an original xbox one and when i go to turn it on it starts up and tries to run then makes a faint beeping noise over and over. The power cable seems fine and even has the white light and...
  3. Completely turn off xbox one password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Completely turn off xbox one password: My young son has an xbox one. I was forced to create a microsoft account in order for him to play a video game console. I configured the xbox to remember the password by setting sign in...
  4. Power button flashing n wont completely turn on or shut off.its been happening more often.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power button flashing n wont completely turn on or shut off.its been happening more often.: Power button flashing n wont completely turn on or shut off.its been happening more often.this is a waste of time asking for assistance from automated garbage.500$ console and monthly xbox live...
  5. When I turn my xbox on, my screen is completely blank unless I choose to power it off

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn my xbox on, my screen is completely blank unless I choose to power it off: I was at my Dad's when this happened, and I turned on my xbox -one x if it helps- but then the dashboard wouldn't show up. I decided to restart my console as it was the first thing that would come...
  6. Elite v2 controller turns completely off only when connected to wireless adapter (will not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite v2 controller turns completely off only when connected to wireless adapter (will not...: My elite controller worked for a couple of days wireless with no issues. Today I get home from work and it disconnects from the computer and turns off all the way. I uninstalled the wireless...
  7. Turning off voice commands completely

in XBoX Accessibility
    Turning off voice commands completely: People might say im paranoid, whatever i would just like to know how to completely turn off any and all voice commands. I dont play online so dont need mic. 4607ab2f-4f5c-4223-b9a0-36cabacc0c96
  8. Xbox One S don't turn off completely even when on Power Saving mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S don't turn off completely even when on Power Saving mode: Hello, there! I have a strange problem with my newly bought Xbox One S. When i unplug it from the socket, even when console turned off (with Power Saving mode on), there is a sound, like those...
  9. Electrical arching / or clicking noise when xbox is completely turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Electrical arching / or clicking noise when xbox is completely turned off: I received my xbox a short while ago and was hearing a noise as in this video from another user. In my case the noise is so loud that having the xbox turned off and sitting on my desk makes...
  10. Electrical arching / or clicking noise when xbox is completely turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Electrical arching / or clicking noise when xbox is completely turned off: I received my xbox a short while ago and was hearing a noise as in this video from another user. In my case the noise is so loud that having the xbox turned off and sitting on my desk makes...