Xbox turns completely black

Discus and support Xbox turns completely black in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time when I press the power button my xbox turn on but there is nothing on the screen. The hdmi cable is connected. So i don't know why my screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DroogEnzo, Oct 9, 2019.

1. DroogEnzo
    DroogEnzo Guest

Every time when I press the power button my xbox turn on but there is nothing on the screen. The hdmi cable is connected. So i don't know why my screen stays black.

Can some of you please help me.

:)

DroogEnzo, Oct 9, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

You might also try a different HDMI cable and HDMI port on your TV.
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello DroogEnzo,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns a black screen on your television when you turn on your Xbox One console.

Our suggestion here, please attempt following our troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox
    One is on
    support article for various steps that can be tried in order to resolve this case. Try this out for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  4. minus365 Win User

Xbox one running when turned off....

I had similar problem with my console. It simply couldn't be turned off. Xbox logo on console was still blinking, but screen turned black. Seemed like some process was stucked at the background blocking completion of shut down process.

I replaced it for another unit and now it works properly.
  5. kendo88 Win User

xbox one no picture on tv

yeah, I had an issue yesterday where I had a black screen, could hear the xbox sounds, but no picture. Turning off and on had no effect, because I use 'Instant On' I had to complete unplug the xbox and then it all worked fine since!
  6. Wolfstar20 Win User

less than a day old and the green screen fault

Mine has not started working after waiting, but on the first day it appeared (Christmas), I waited for awhile and instead of a full black screen a black screen with the Xbox logo appeared. Also I had a random time where it completely worked for me after
    turning it off and on a bunch and I was able to connect to live too. But the problem appeared again after I turned off the console to solve Netflix freezing problems.
Thema:

1. Xbox turns completely black - Similar Threads - turns completely black

2. Turning off voice commands completely

in XBoX Accessibility
    Turning off voice commands completely: People might say im paranoid, whatever i would just like to know how to completely turn off any and all voice commands. I dont play online so dont need mic. 4607ab2f-4f5c-4223-b9a0-36cabacc0c96
  3. Xbox One S don't turn off completely even when on Power Saving mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S don't turn off completely even when on Power Saving mode: Hello, there! I have a strange problem with my newly bought Xbox One S. When i unplug it from the socket, even when console turned off (with Power Saving mode on), there is a sound, like those...
  4. Electrical arching / or clicking noise when xbox is completely turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Electrical arching / or clicking noise when xbox is completely turned off: I received my xbox a short while ago and was hearing a noise as in this video from another user. In my case the noise is so loud that having the xbox turned off and sitting on my desk makes...
  5. Why does the Solitaire Challenge game turn off on its own after I have only completed one game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Solitaire Challenge game turn off on its own after I have only completed one game?: I play the Challenge games almost every day I can and on my new computer, I can not seem to keep the games open. After I have played a game and collected the reward, the program goes off and I...
  6. Electrical arching / or clicking noise when xbox is completely turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Electrical arching / or clicking noise when xbox is completely turned off: I received my xbox a short while ago and was hearing a noise as in this video from another user. In my case the noise is so loud that having the xbox turned off and sitting on my desk makes...
  7. Won't turn completely on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't turn completely on: my xbox doesn't want to turn completely on, it will turn on then turn itself back off after a couple of seconds, I've done everything that I thought would work, idk what else I can do...
  8. Xbox one s wont turn on completely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s wont turn on completely: My Xbox one S is having problems and it turns on shows the Xbox symbol is about to pop up the dashboard and then just turns off some times if i leave it it will fix but it is happening more and...
  9. Xbox One on Instant On and turns off completely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One on Instant On and turns off completely: Ok so i set my Xbox to Instant On and i have some games i need to download, when i turn off my Xbox to go to sleep the PSU light is supposed to stay white but it turns orange after a few minutes...
  10. External Hard drive recommendations that turns off completely while in instant on

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive recommendations that turns off completely while in instant on: Hi, I am looking for an external hard drive that will turn off and support the instant on without periodically turning on and off when the xbox is powered off in instant on mode. I purchased a...