Xbox turns off on opening any apps or game

Discus and support Xbox turns off on opening any apps or game in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I recently joined insider to try game steaming. When I open any game xbox turns off on reaching the main page of the game. When I play any video on... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ammukuti, Feb 8, 2020.

1. /u/ammukuti
    /u/ammukuti Guest

So I recently joined insider to try game steaming. When I open any game xbox turns off on reaching the main page of the game. When I play any video on YouTube it turns off immediately. The console doesn't turn off on Xbox home page, mixer, store tabs works fine. I reported it. Unrolled from update preview. Reset my console many times and still have this problem. Please help me out.

submitted by /u/ammukuti
    [link] [comments]

/u/ammukuti, Feb 8, 2020
  2. quickgater Win User

"Xbox Broadcast" - How To Use?

I unsnap the twitch app and close it. After that I find that you cannot use any apps in snap mode, the twitch app no longer will open and when you try to turn the xbox off the screen goes off but the Xbox doesn't turn off you just see the lights stay on.
  3. TMorss2011 Win User

Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

I don't have any apps open when I play games that I am aware of. Is there a menu that shows everything that is running and has the option to turn thing off?
  4. Mister Parks Win User

Manage Xbox Music Cloud, without using the Music App

Hey there AJLawless,

There is a way to turn off the Cloud feature of the Xbox Music app. When in the Xbox Music app, open the Charms Bar and select Settings>Preferences. There you will see two "switches" under Xbox Music Cloud. Turn those off.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks.
  5. Kenshi1 Win User

"Xbox Broadcast" - How To Use?

This twitch update is SO BROKEN. after the update every time i open the twitch app. something happens, no other app, no games after that can open and the xbox one wont turn off at all. The only way to reset this is to do a hard reset. THERE IS NO EXCUSE
    WHY THIS APP IS MAKING THIS MACHINE DIE. no excuse!
  6. Cherrepaha Win User

NHL Gamecenter

I tried StativeBeatle65's solution and it worked for me!

Open the YouTube app.. Open a video [the YouTube trends video worked for me].. Press A to bring up the video controls... On the far right of that menu, select the CC button. Select Turn Off Closed Captioning. Exit the app. You're done!

This helped me turn off Closed Captioning in NHL Gamecenter on an Australian Xbox.
Thema:

1. Xbox turns off on opening any apps or game - Similar Threads - turns off opening

2. Elite 2 Controller won't turn off and won't connect "Garbage Controller"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller won't turn off and won't connect "Garbage Controller": I warned my son not to spend his $200 on this controller because of the tremendous amount of negative reviews online, but he insisted and purchased with his friends online. Well.... a few days...
  3. Xbox Turned Itself Off Power Light Flashing Very Fast

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Turned Itself Off Power Light Flashing Very Fast: My xbox randomly turned off mid game like not an instant crash, my game seemed to freeze then I had a black screen, but my party chat was still working for a few seconds. Then my console...
  4. I can't turn off my real name

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't turn off my real name: The option for my real name being shared with friends is on, how do i turn it off. When i go on the xbox app it just says sorry we couldn't get the info please try again.....
  5. Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console

in XboX Insiders
    Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console: I have young siblings who like to turn off the console while I am playing, and I never use the console button, opting to turn it on via the controller. It would be helpful to disable the button...
  6. turns on then off one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    turns on then off one x: my xbox one x turns o for a few seconds then turns off is there a fix for this. thank you 4b415026-4f48-4299-99be-e0c799c20aed
  7. How to turn off game notifications in Windows 10. it pop up when i open chrome,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to turn off game notifications in Windows 10. it pop up when i open chrome,: it so Annoying for me [img] a51fe33f-0f78-4f67-874f-d9ad86beede3
  8. Xbox 360 open/closen tray and turn on/off by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 open/closen tray and turn on/off by itself: My xbox 360 slim opens and closen tray and turn off and on by itself. And is beeping like i press all buttons really fast many times. It don't matter if it on or off. It is pretty old so i don't...
  9. Will my xbox turn off from inactivity if youtube app is open and playing a video?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will my xbox turn off from inactivity if youtube app is open and playing a video?: Seeing as there is no sleep timer yet i was wondering if inactivity timer will turn off if youtube is open and playing. a9b1e459-378d-4f1d-a304-115e7710efc0
  10. Xbox 360 slim turns itself on/off and opens/closes tray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim turns itself on/off and opens/closes tray: The Xbox 360 slim started to turn itself on/off and opening/closing its tray. I've plugged the console in a power socket on its own (it seems to have mitigated the issue, but not completely solved...