Xbox turns on but won’t power up to the main screen

Discus and support Xbox turns on but won’t power up to the main screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So the hbo max app froze my xbox. So I tried to restart but that wouldn't work, so I unplugged it Now after unplugging it it will turn on but won't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DennisRoby, Jul 25, 2021.

1. DennisRoby
    DennisRoby Guest

So the hbo max app froze my xbox. So I tried to restart but that wouldn't work, so I unplugged it

Now after unplugging it it will turn on but won't connect to the TV and my controller immediately unconnects like the Xbox has been shut off but its still on.

I've tried power cycling, hard resetting you name it. I cant get a screen so I opted trying to factory reset with the USB but when I try to use the PAIR and EJECT power on I don't get a second power up noise, I get nothing. At this point I dont know what to do because I can't afford to try and find a new Xbox one X and im super peeved at the HBO max app for causing all this to happen. Someone help me please

:)

DennisRoby, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

In this case, the only option to fix it is through the Xbox Troubleshooter which we will try to reset your Xbox. Even if you don't hear the power-up noise just follow the steps accordingly and it should work.

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please let me know.
  3. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Xbox 360s controller

The TV being turned off is not the cause of the controller not connecting.

With your tv turned off, with no power on the HD lead, the console will not start up, you will not get the xbox loading splash screen.

The connect controller option comes after the loading screen, it won`t connect because it can`t get to that point.

You may as well say why can`t play games without my TV turned on.

Actually it is you that is not listening to the replies,you seem to think you have found some major problem, you haven`t.

You want a simple answer to your question?,You are simply not connecting your console correctly, how do you expect it to work right???
  4. DiablosVert Win User

Can't connect and strange Error Status Report Messages

Hello Taidara,

Nope - just a weird power outage!

It see's the wireless connection - it just won;t connect to xbox live.

I get a screen about resetting the router and then one about port forwarding!

No corruption also!
  5. Worwon Win User

Successfully Redeemed code not showing up to download

6. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Uverse startup screen - Press OK

Hi a2ron44, from talking with AT&T, they said that a power command will also work to get past this screen.

Have you gone into Live TV power settings and enabled "turn on my devices with Xbox On" and "turn off my cable box with Xbox off".
Thema:

1. Xbox turns on but won’t power up to the main screen - Similar Threads - turns won’t power

2. Xbox One solid orange power brick light, no chime and won’t turn on

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One solid orange power brick light, no chime and won’t turn on: Hello, I am having a problem with my Xbox One where it won’t turn on and the button won’t chime. The power brick light is solid orange with a slight flicker. I have looked online and have tried...
  3. My Xbox s won’t turn in. It beeps, but never powers up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox s won’t turn in. It beeps, but never powers up.: My xbox s won’t power up. It beeps and the power lite comes in for a few seconds but it wont power up. 1b3f1ba3-2477-45e7-a0b6-ad7742e7f8b6
  4. Xbox Power brick orange and won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Power brick orange and won’t turn on: I plugged my xbox into the wall and the light on the power brick is solid orange. When i press the “on” button or the “eject” button, it still makes the noise, but my xbox won’t turn on and it...
  5. Xbox one won’t turn on. & it’s NOT the power brick.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t turn on. & it’s NOT the power brick.: So my xbox one wont come on. It just makes that lil bloop noise and the light comes on for split second then turns off. Its not the power brick because i have switched out using my friends cords...
  6. Power brick light stays on when it shouldn’t. Xbox one won’t turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power brick light stays on when it shouldn’t. Xbox one won’t turn on.: Ive had issues connecting to the xbox servers the last few days. Ive heard they are overloaded. Anyway i reformatted my xbox one and enjoyed playing it yesterday. I turned it off and when i woke...
  7. Xbox One makes power and eject noises but won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One makes power and eject noises but won’t turn on: My xbox one recently stopped turning on. When I hit the power button, it makes the noise quietly, but doesn’t turn on. Same with the eject button, it won’t turn it on or eject my disc, but still...
  8. My Xbox won’t turn on even though the power brick is solid orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t turn on even though the power brick is solid orange: Hi my original xbox one wont turn on even though the power brick is orange. I tried plugging all the wires in and out many times but when i try to press the xbox button it only makes a faint beep...
  9. Xbox one won’t turn on and I have no power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t turn on and I have no power brick: I just used my xbox one s last night and worked perfectly but now today when i tried to use it it wont turn on but beeps someone time it would just beep once then stop and if i switch the cord...
  10. Power supply won’t work turning orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply won’t work turning orange: whwm i plug my power supply in the light turns orange and will kt aork what can i do? 59586440-7b82-42a9-ade5-f39d77c660df