Xbox turns on then back off

Discus and support Xbox turns on then back off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i turned my xbox one s off and now when i turn it back on it displays nothing on the monitor then turns right back off (Not an over heating problem)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheWolvis, Sep 2, 2019.

1. TheWolvis
    TheWolvis Guest

So i turned my xbox one s off and now when i turn it back on it displays nothing on the monitor then turns right back off (Not an over heating problem) does anyone have any ideas of what this might be?

:)

TheWolvis, Sep 2, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

please try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link:
    http://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console
    be sure to wait at least 60 seconds try then disconnect the console from power, wait another 2 minutes and after that reconnect the console to power and before trying to powering on again

Let us know the results
  3. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello
    TheWolvis

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. Can you please try the steps at this link
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

If you are still unable to power the console on after trying the steps then it may need to be repaired. You can set up a repair via
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com. Once the repair request has been set up and you've received your shipping label you can pack up the console. Be sure to only pack what
    needs to be repaired as Xbox does not guarantee that extra items such as cables or controllers will be returned.
  5. TheWolvis Win User

I don't know if it is directly linked with the update but the problem did start happening right before i did the most recent update.
  6. Miku Sakuya Win User

I've seen this issues particularly alot lately does anyone know if this is caused by the nost recent preview program update or latest regular update
Thema:

1. Xbox turns on then back off - Similar Threads - turns off

2. Xbox One X Sporadically turns off after Insider update.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Sporadically turns off after Insider update.: Hi everyone, I have been an insider for a few years now but after I upgraded from a One S to One X I didn’t join the update preview program, until about 5 days ago. Now my Xbox One X just turns...
  3. Xbox One turns Off when starting up COD Bo3(Digitally)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One turns Off when starting up COD Bo3(Digitally): My Xbox one Keeps turning off Everytime i run Bo3,Its the only game it happens to,i have Cleaned the Power Box and Console,Restart and Power Reset.I could Play other Games With it,but i Downloaded...
  4. Xbox one s turn itself off anytime I try to broadcast to mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s turn itself off anytime I try to broadcast to mixer: Hi anytime i try to broadcast to mixer its causing my xbox ine s to completely shut itself down after maybe 20 mins or so & then other times not until after at least 1 hour.But it seems to be...
  5. Xbox One X turns off *solved*

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One X turns off *solved*: Whenever I turn my X on, with the controller plugged in to it, after 5 seconds it just shuts down again. If I unplug the controller and try again it comes on perfectly fine, runs with no issues....
  6. Xbox one original turns off randomly while playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one original turns off randomly while playing: My xbox randomly turns off while playing games and my power supply is new What should i do? I think it's happening because of the update i got dcfc6180-f3a8-4fb9-84d2-7cbce3caa2e2
  7. turning off action narration during movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    turning off action narration during movie: Can anyone tell me how to or even how my Spiderman homecoming purchase is narrating the action, not subtitles but actual narration never had that come on or do that ever...any clues?...
  8. Minecraft crashing/turning Xbox off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crashing/turning Xbox off: I've had problems this evening whilst playing Minecraft. Half way through a game my machine just turned off, no error code provided. The same error has repeated several times when trying to...
  9. XBOX ONE S is turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S is turning off: I have had this xbox for less than a year and I have already sent it in to have it fixed,HDMI port became loose. After it was returned it worked fine for 2 weeks and now it will turn off during...
  10. Why does my controller turn off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller turn off: I recently plugged a keyboard and mouse into my xbox and it works great. The problem is that i can only plug my headphones into my controller to hear the game and after about 20m my controller...