Xbox turns on then back off

Discus and support Xbox turns on then back off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i turned my xbox one s off and now when i turn it back on it displays nothing on the monitor then turns right back off (Not an over heating problem)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheWolvis, Sep 2, 2019.

1. TheWolvis
    TheWolvis Guest

So i turned my xbox one s off and now when i turn it back on it displays nothing on the monitor then turns right back off (Not an over heating problem) does anyone have any ideas of what this might be?

:)

TheWolvis, Sep 2, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

please try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link:
    http://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console
    be sure to wait at least 60 seconds try then disconnect the console from power, wait another 2 minutes and after that reconnect the console to power and before trying to powering on again

Let us know the results
  3. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello
    TheWolvis

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. Can you please try the steps at this link
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

If you are still unable to power the console on after trying the steps then it may need to be repaired. You can set up a repair via
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com. Once the repair request has been set up and you've received your shipping label you can pack up the console. Be sure to only pack what
    needs to be repaired as Xbox does not guarantee that extra items such as cables or controllers will be returned.
  5. TheWolvis Win User

I don't know if it is directly linked with the update but the problem did start happening right before i did the most recent update.
  6. Miku Sakuya Win User

I've seen this issues particularly alot lately does anyone know if this is caused by the nost recent preview program update or latest regular update
Thema:

1. Xbox turns on then back off - Similar Threads - turns off

2. Xbox turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turns off: hi everyone, i recently came across a problem in my xbox one s it was overheating i did everything, nothing solved the problem an xbox employee told me to try replacing the thermal paste i did so...
  3. Can you turn off the automatic trailer in the new store ?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you turn off the automatic trailer in the new store ?: On the old store you could stop the videos from automatically playing and don’t know if you can do that again submitted by /u/HowManyAccount120 [link] [comments]
  4. Mi xbox one se apaga al rato de estar encendida[My xbox one turns off after being turned on]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mi xbox one se apaga al rato de estar encendida[My xbox one turns off after being turned on]: Al momento de encender la xbox se apaga a los segundo o a veces minutos, no es sobrecalentamiento ni fuente de poder, ayida porfavor! [Translation - When you turn on the xbox it turns off after a...
  5. Certain games cause my Xbox to overheat and turn off after barely playing them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain games cause my Xbox to overheat and turn off after barely playing them: When i play these games: modern warfare and fortnite. My xbox just overheats and turn off automatically after about a minute of playing (moden warfare turn off after about half a minute). I have...
  6. How to fix xbox that turns on and then turns off a couple seconds later?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix xbox that turns on and then turns off a couple seconds later?: So I tried everything everything seems find.So heres the thing the past months its been whistling and freezing,being unrespondsive,heating up alot.I realized this morning it was on because I left...
  7. Xbox one x turning off all the time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one x turning off all the time.: Hello everyone! I've been having a very annoying issue with my xbox one x for the past 4 months. Everytime i play a game my xbox overheats and turns off completely or quits the game im playing. I...
  8. Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off: Don't take this down submitted by /u/human2424 [link] [comments]
  9. Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off: Help me submitted by /u/human2424 [link] [comments]
  10. Small noise from Xbox One S while turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Small noise from Xbox One S while turned off: Hi there! I own a Xbox One S for 6 months and it works very fine, but a small problem occurs once I turn it off. If I let the console plugged, but shut it down, a very small noise can be heard...