Xbox Ultimate Family Pass won't let my kids play games unless I am also signed in

Discus and support Xbox Ultimate Family Pass won't let my kids play games unless I am also signed in in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an xbox series x and wanted to use my older xbox one for my kids to play games with their family account either; 1) Play online together like... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Darkin20, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Darkin20
    Darkin20 Guest

Xbox Ultimate Family Pass won't let my kids play games unless I am also signed in

I have an xbox series x and wanted to use my older xbox one for my kids to play games with their family account either;

1) Play online together like minecraft where my kids use the xbox one and I am on the seriesx.

2) Play game pass games by themselves without me having to sign in as well.

The family plan clears says they can play game pass games free as well but it seems I need to be signed in for them to play which very much defeats the purpose of the family plan. Am I doing something wrong or am I expecting something that is not supported.

:)

Darkin20, Nov 26, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community.

Xbox family group is not meant to share games or subscription.

To share games from one account with others with accounts on the console you have to put the account as home on Xbox.

More information on how Xbox Home works is at this link.
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. GhostDoG45 Win User

Can I be on Xbox 360 and ONE at the same time while on live?

Depends on what your doing. I tried playing Madden 15 on my xbox one while my kids were playing minecraft on the 360 and no dice. I could play as long as I didn't sign in. It won't let me play Madden Ultimate Team unless I do sign in so....
  4. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Famly Sharing

Hi There,

The Xbox App for PC on Windows 10 should automatically have the Ultimate subscription flow in when my kids sign in but that is not the case. My kids are able to receive the membership on the console through my account and they can play the games through
    the pass which works fine no complaints. I need to know when will this Game pass subscription sharing will work with Xbox app for PC.

Thanks,

Akash
    Because it doesnt

Home sharing is only a feature on the xbox one

Not the pc

Can I use my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription on multiple Windows 10 PCs?

Yes, just like Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass, you can use this subscription wherever you sign in. Your subscription is tied to you, not to a specific device.

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/billing/xbox-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-faq

Keep in mind that it only applirs.to the membership itself

Your kids cannot download any game on their own profile but they can use the xbox app.to play the games

On the PC it's a bit awkward.

First of all, you'll have to make sure yourkids s added to your Microsoft family. Sign in with your account on https://account.microsoft.com/family. There add your kids is
    Microsoft Account if not already done so.

Now the complicated part on getting the Game Pass Games on your kid's PC:

Your kids has to add your Microsoft Account as a second user to their PC.

Then with your kids SIGNED IN, have themr go to the Windows Store or Xbox Game Pass App.

If they signed in to these apps, to sign out temporarily from these apps, and you will have to sign in with your account.

You ONLY sign into the APPS! You do NOT sign out your kids from their logged in account on the PC!

Then with your account signed in on the store app or the Xbox Game Pass app, your kids can then download and install the PC games.
  5. ByhamC Win User

GamePass Ultimate Family Sharing (specifically for upcoming streaming service)

Hi,

That's my understanding - if you buy one game pass ultimate, you'll be able to use your sign-on for multiple xbox's and then your children would be able to sign in also and have the benefit of your game pass.

But you'll only be able to sign in as you on the game streaming side. So if you have an xbox, one of the kids can use that, and you on the mobile. But that still leaves you one game pass subscription short....

Bring back the old family subscriptions that they had in the 360 days, that would solve this issue.

Regards
  6. denis97g Win User

Will my xbox live gold disappear when I start a 14 day free trial for the xbox gamepass

No it won't, unless it's game pass ultimate.
Thema:

1. Xbox Ultimate Family Pass won't let my kids play games unless I am also signed in - Similar Threads - Ultimate Family Pass

2. Game pass ultimate for family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass ultimate for family: Why does Microsoft not have a proper family game pass I have 5 xbox's a gaming pc and a laptop in my house that wants to connect to game pass but I have to have several accounts for them all to...
  3. Sharing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate among the children in the family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate among the children in the family: Hello, I would like to know how my children can share an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on each of their consoles. The MS rep I talked to suggested I let them use my account, but that means they also...
  4. Family Member using Game Pass Ultimate on a PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family Member using Game Pass Ultimate on a PC: Hi everyone.... I have Game Pass Ultimate so I can access Game Pass on my Xbox and a PC under my account. My daughter has no issues accessing Game Pass games on the Xbox, but she cannot access...
  5. How do I share Game Pass Ultimate streaming feature to other family accounts?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I share Game Pass Ultimate streaming feature to other family accounts?: Okay, so I have a family member who bought Game Pass Ultimate, and they were able to setup family sharing on the console. However, there is some issues when trying to play cloud gaming on the Xbox...
  6. family game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    family game pass ultimate: could Microsoft do a family gamepass ultimate subscription I currently pay for 3 ultimate subscriptions 2b0e4583-dfc8-4d6c-9d89-08d7d7c1c647
  7. Ultimate Game Pass for families

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ultimate Game Pass for families: We have 7 Xboxes in our household. Is there a good way to have Ultimate Game pass for the whole family without having 7 individual passes? 7e2ece20-2b98-4c4b-b862-367f8f559877
  8. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for Console, sharing with family for cloud playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for Console, sharing with family for cloud playing: Hello to all, I have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Account and I'm able to share it with my family on our XBOX One console. I'd like to know if a member of my family can use this subscription in...
  9. xbox gold and xbox game pass ultimate on family account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox gold and xbox game pass ultimate on family account.: Hi. So I have, awhile ago when we got an xbox, that I set up myself and my 2 children accounts under the family section. Under my email I have a subscription to xbox live gold. Then at some point...
  10. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Family Sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Family Sharing: Why can't family members download and play games they want to when I'm paying for Game Pass Ultimate. As a parent, I don't play games, I just pay the bills! I've got an account that's linked to...