Xbox updating games while off

Discus and support Xbox updating games while off in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an xbox one x. It is set to energy saving mode. I always turn it off using my controller when I'm done. Recently ive noticed things have been... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SamMorris1525, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Xbox updating games while off

I have an xbox one x. It is set to energy saving mode. I always turn it off using my controller when I'm done. Recently ive noticed things have been updating even when it is off. Not asleep....off. Is this a new feature I'm not aware of? I swear it ised to only update things when i turned it on.

:)

SamMorris1525, Apr 17, 2021
  2. xetemos Win User

Update Games while Xbox is off

there are some rather well known bugs with preview program. Its possible but not likely.
  3. LUNDBLADE-[xboxvenue Win User

This just started for me recently. I have all the settings correct and never had any issues before but my xbox will only update while on.
  4. WingedDwarf2989 Win User

How do i make my xbox go to sleeping mode?
  5. CT 5161 Recon Win User

The xbox will only update if it is "sleeping". If you do a hard poweroff it will not update games. I typically leave my xbox on at night downloading a game, and when it does the automatic shut off, it still continues to download the game.
  6. shadwell17 Win User

It could very well be down to being in the preview program. I would expect faults. It is the reason why I dropped out of the preview builds.
Thema:

Xbox updating games while off

1. Xbox updating games while off - Similar Threads - updating games while

2. Is XSX still downloading game updates while in energy saving mode?

in XboX Insiders
    Is XSX still downloading game updates while in energy saving mode?: So I went to bed yesterday and I turned off my Xbox completely. It’s on energy saving mode. That was around 8pm eastern. I woke up this morning and I noticed that the warzone patch had already...
  3. Fortnites updating slow while other games update fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnites updating slow while other games update fine: When i try to update fortnite its updating around 3mps but other games update at 100+ mps. I know it could be servers cause its a popular game but ive uninstalled ait and re-installed it i stead...
  4. Game deleted while trying to update. Mad asf

in XboX Insiders
    Game deleted while trying to update. Mad asf: Okay so this is really really frustrating. I just downloaded the latest cold war update and after it got to 100% it said something like finishing things up and started going to 100% again...
  5. Downloading an update for a game while playing another game? Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading an update for a game while playing another game? Series X: Anyone have this problem? Got my system 11/12 Wednesday and on Friday I was downloading an update for Destiny 2 while I was playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla when all of a sudden I got an error...
  6. Xbox Series X - Updates and Game Downloads Pause While in Instant On Power Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Updates and Game Downloads Pause While in Instant On Power Mode: Hi, I have noticed that unlike my Xbox One X, while the Series X is in Instant On, if there are updates or downloads happening, these will stop when I turn off the console. I tried to tell it to...
  7. I was in a game while this decided to update mid game & I have auto update off this has...

in XboX Insiders
    I was in a game while this decided to update mid game & I have auto update off this has...: [IMG] submitted by /u/_Azu___ [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox One S randomly turns off while downloading game updates

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S randomly turns off while downloading game updates: I'm an insider since i bought the console (Dec 2019) and about a month ago the console turned off by itself like 4 times in a row, at that time I didn't have it much attention, but recently, about...
  9. Xbox One not downloading game updates while in Instant-On power option?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One not downloading game updates while in Instant-On power option?: Sup everyone, I've been using the Instant-On power option for quite some time already in order to auto-download my game updates and it was working wonderfully. Nonetheless, it has stopped working...
  10. Games must be ran at least one time to be updated while the console is on stanby? (Theory)

in XboX Insiders
    Games must be ran at least one time to be updated while the console is on stanby? (Theory): I know i am not the first one posting about having problem with the games not updating automatically but I think I might have found one of the source of this problem. This morning I looked at the...