Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth??

Discus and support Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So lately i’ve been running into major issues with my xbox one S. It’s been using 250+ MB every minute (data downloads, auto updates, etc are off, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by APOTHIIX, Sep 6, 2019.

1. APOTHIIX
    APOTHIIX Guest

So lately i’ve been running into major issues with my xbox one S. It’s been using 250+ MB every minute (data downloads, auto updates, etc are off, and there are no apps running in the background according to my xbox). It’s never done this before. The console
    is completely up to date, and so are my games and apps. It’s only just started to do this over the past month or two. My monthly usage is usually only 150-250GB of Bandwidth a month for my console, and thats with YouTube and Netflix running 8+ hrs a day. Lately
    its been 500-800GB/month, and that’s under the same conditions. Does anyone know why this is happening? I’ve tried everything, including resetting the xbox and its still consuming a bunch of my Bandwidth.

:)

APOTHIIX, Sep 6, 2019
  2. pawncrackers Win User

Can I ask where you are getting this information from? FYI, there is an information section in Settings > Network > Bandwidth Usage, that will tell you every instance of usage, when your console connects.

Have you used the Microsoft Edge app on your console at all? If so, make sure to close all tabs that are in the background.

Also, look at what resolution you are streaming video on. Sometimes YouTube vids that run in 4K can easily up the amount you use.

Hope this helps,

L
  3. APOTHIIX Win User

I’ve been using my xbox’s bandwidth stats to see how much its been using. I have 4K enabled on my TV, just never watch YouTube in 4K. My xbox never started to use this much until recently (like 5 months ago). I rarely even play any games anymore, besides
    Minecraft because its been using so much bandwidth. And I never run Microsoft Edge, so unless its a program thats always running in the background, not sure if its causing it. Whats weird is my console uses almost 200mb/minute too, even when not running anything.
    Got auto updates, captures, etc off.
  4. APOTHIIX Win User

Within this Troubleshooter is approximate usage of bandwidth and there have been various updates each month
    to the Latest XBox one operating system along with X360 BC games.
    That just brings me to a page about slow bandwidth. The issue isn’t slow internet. Its the fact of its using so much bandwidth. I mean heck, since 9/2/2019, its used 130+GB! And its only 9/7/2019. An xbox should not be doing that at all.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

6. Hisket Win User

Taco bell is at it again!

It doesn't cater to the mass amount of European xbox gamers. We NEVER get anything like that over in the UK.
Thema:

1. Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth?? - Similar Threads - Using Mass Amounts

2. Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.: I've had no issues while streaming Netflix or other streaming services on my xbox with my headset connected. But anytime Im watching on Amazon Prime, every 15 minutes or so, my controller will...
  3. hacktools using

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hacktools using: gamertag [mod removed] and the gamertag [mod removed] using hack and moddingtools about smartphones for minecraft mobile and hacking on realms about crossplay gaming for xbox and other devices,...
  4. issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat

in XBoX on Windows
    issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat: Hey everyone, hoping that somebody could help me with an issue that a buddy and I started experiencing today while playing Call of Duty. I am on XBOX while he plays on PC. We communicate through...
  5. WHY DID YOU DISPOSE OF MIXER AND USE TWITCH INSTEAD?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY DID YOU DISPOSE OF MIXER AND USE TWITCH INSTEAD?!: When you administrators decided to switch from MIXER to TWITCH, I thought it was going to be fine. Then on 8/1/20, when I finally install the app on Xbox One, WHY ARE REDUNDANT AND USELESS...
  6. Xbox Console Companion Not Using My Microphone

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion Not Using My Microphone: So, I just built my new PC and I've had it running perfectly for about a week. I realized that I haven't checked up on my friends for a while, so I load up the app and join a party and nobody can...
  7. Static / flickering screen when I use video apps on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static / flickering screen when I use video apps on Xbox One X: Yesterday, I booted up the Hulu app on my Xbox One X. The system had been on the home screen for awhile and when I launched it, the screen immediately began to display frames of static interlaced...
  8. How To Make Use Of Ciagra Male Enhancement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How To Make Use Of Ciagra Male Enhancement?: Ciagra Male Enhancement by then appears at the penile chamber and in this way helps the erection and the span to give signs of progress. It is thusly important to ensure that the body gets...
  9. "record game clips screenshots and broadcast using game bar will not stay on"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "record game clips screenshots and broadcast using game bar will not stay on": Game Bar record game clips screenshots and broadcast using game bar will not stay on [img] Whenever I switch the "record game clips screenshots and broadcast using Game Bar will not stay on"...
  10. use ipod classic to backup mass content from XB360

in XBoX on Consoles
    use ipod classic to backup mass content from XB360: so, this is the situation as it were. im attempting to use an extra ipod classic i have laying around to back up mass content from my XB360 (capital sin i know, but i dont care) i tried doing a...