Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth??

Discus and support Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So lately i’ve been running into major issues with my xbox one S. It’s been using 250+ MB every minute (data downloads, auto updates, etc are off, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by APOTHIIX, Sep 6, 2019.

1. APOTHIIX
    APOTHIIX Guest

So lately i’ve been running into major issues with my xbox one S. It’s been using 250+ MB every minute (data downloads, auto updates, etc are off, and there are no apps running in the background according to my xbox). It’s never done this before. The console
    is completely up to date, and so are my games and apps. It’s only just started to do this over the past month or two. My monthly usage is usually only 150-250GB of Bandwidth a month for my console, and thats with YouTube and Netflix running 8+ hrs a day. Lately
    its been 500-800GB/month, and that’s under the same conditions. Does anyone know why this is happening? I’ve tried everything, including resetting the xbox and its still consuming a bunch of my Bandwidth.

:)

APOTHIIX, Sep 6, 2019
  2. pawncrackers Win User

Can I ask where you are getting this information from? FYI, there is an information section in Settings > Network > Bandwidth Usage, that will tell you every instance of usage, when your console connects.

Have you used the Microsoft Edge app on your console at all? If so, make sure to close all tabs that are in the background.

Also, look at what resolution you are streaming video on. Sometimes YouTube vids that run in 4K can easily up the amount you use.

Hope this helps,

L
  3. APOTHIIX Win User

I’ve been using my xbox’s bandwidth stats to see how much its been using. I have 4K enabled on my TV, just never watch YouTube in 4K. My xbox never started to use this much until recently (like 5 months ago). I rarely even play any games anymore, besides
    Minecraft because its been using so much bandwidth. And I never run Microsoft Edge, so unless its a program thats always running in the background, not sure if its causing it. Whats weird is my console uses almost 200mb/minute too, even when not running anything.
    Got auto updates, captures, etc off.
  4. APOTHIIX Win User

Within this Troubleshooter is approximate usage of bandwidth and there have been various updates each month
    to the Latest XBox one operating system along with X360 BC games.
    That just brings me to a page about slow bandwidth. The issue isn’t slow internet. Its the fact of its using so much bandwidth. I mean heck, since 9/2/2019, its used 130+GB! And its only 9/7/2019. An xbox should not be doing that at all.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

6. vader da slayer Win User

Backwards compatable

reporting you for spreading mass amounts of FUD.
Thema:

1. Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth?? - Similar Threads - Using Mass Amounts

2. is it ceating to use a mouse and key board to get an advantage

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it ceating to use a mouse and key board to get an advantage: I Don't necessary think it's cheating as it's always going to be down to personal preference and gamers skill level. b6b0f29c-ab8f-4520-a3d4-03d1f27b98de
  3. Half of the screen distorted when using 4K

in XBoX on Consoles
    Half of the screen distorted when using 4K: Yesterday I turned on my Xbox One X and the home screen looked fine. I started a game and immediately half of the screen became distorted. The left half of the screen is all pink/green, blocky and...
  4. Just bought a used Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just bought a used Xbox one: i currently just bought a used xbox one.This xbox one apparently comes with the download for assassins creed unity.My question is if i factory reset this xbox one so i can use my account on it and...
  5. Buy stw on xbox and use on my pc after gold gets over

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buy stw on xbox and use on my pc after gold gets over: Hi, I am planning to buy save the world fortnite from microsoft store for my xbox during 50% off week. But my gold subscption is going to end on February of 2020. But can I continue to play the...
  6. [SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt

in XBoX on Consoles
    [SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt: I tried to change my Gamertag but it says "Name already taken" I looked up if someone already got the name but no one has the name. Ich hab versucht meinen Gamertag zu ändern aber dort steht nur,...
  7. Blair witch can't use camera

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blair witch can't use camera: Hi I got stuck at chapter 4 when i get to the tree, i know that i need to use the camera to clear the way but i cannot use the camera or any other item. Is this a bug ? Pls help...
  8. Using 3.5mm jack, don't know why sound stopped working. How do I turn back on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Using 3.5mm jack, don't know why sound stopped working. How do I turn back on?: In controller settings the cursor skips past volume 8ae89468-465d-4a99-8685-0cad60f6f2a1
  9. Can I use VGA Monitor with Xbox One S:Digital Edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use VGA Monitor with Xbox One S:Digital Edition: Monitor TypeLCDScreen Size18.5Flat ScreenYesDot Pitch0.300Response Time5Dynamic Contrast Ratio50000:1 I have an Acer G195HQL. I was wondering if I could use this VGA...
  10. use ipod classic to backup mass content from XB360

in XBoX on Consoles
    use ipod classic to backup mass content from XB360: so, this is the situation as it were. im attempting to use an extra ipod classic i have laying around to back up mass content from my XB360 (capital sin i know, but i dont care) i tried doing a...