Xbox Video - How to know quality sound (stereo - DD - DTS) before paying for a movie.

Discus and support Xbox Video - How to know quality sound (stereo - DD - DTS) before paying for a movie. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am kind of disappointed as I rented a movie in HD today and what a surprise the sound was on stereo!!!! When it all started on xbox 360 I remember... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by vgarde, Jun 7, 2014.

1. vgarde
    vgarde Guest

Xbox Video - How to know quality sound (stereo - DD - DTS) before paying for a movie.

I am kind of disappointed as I rented a movie in HD today and what a surprise the sound was on stereo!!!! When it all started on xbox 360 I remember that the movie bios informed about the sound.

I mean I would not rent a movie on HD just for quality of image, I also expect, al lleast, good 5.1 sound. I see that there are some movies in 5.1 and others that are not, the main problem is that you cannot tell until you have rented, or worse, bought the
    movie.

Is there a way to know it before paying? Because in case of stereo sound I would rather rent the movie on SD.

Thanks

:)

vgarde, Jun 7, 2014
  2. jesse7219
    jesse7219 Guest
    "Digital" Audio via toslink.

Yeah DTS has a much better sound range. Prefer it on my movies and games over DD 5.1.

jesse7219, Jun 7, 2014
  3. Higher4Hire
    Higher4Hire Guest
    Surround Sound Not Working

I have other devices connected to my Marrantz, namely chromacast and 3d blue ray player. I jus tried playing a video on youtube through chromecast. It was an iron man 3 trailer, in hd and Dolby sound. When I play this video through chromecast, my AVR shows
    me the sound output options of "DOLBY PLII MOVIE" and "DTS NEO:6 cinema" in addition to "multi Chn stereo". Playing the video on either Dolby or DTS gives me proper surround sound. Then I tried playing the same video on xb1 youtube. This time the sound options
    were "multi Chn in" and "multi Chn stereo". Playing the video in multi Chn outputs sound from only front, center and sub. Surround speakers don't output any sound. I tried selecting bitstream, and select DTS/ Dolby there, but same result. I don't know what
    my xb1 is doing this?

Higher4Hire, Jun 7, 2014
  4. jesse7219 Win User

"Digital" Audio via toslink.

Yeah DTS has a much better sound range. Prefer it on my movies and games over DD 5.1.
  5. hellhammer9033 Win User

DTS audio doesn't work on Xbox one S

Thank you for a fast answer!

I did everything as you said.

1) It is a 4k (mkv, m2ts) movie (i've tried many of them) with a several audio tracks. So Dolby Digital tracks (with ac3 codec) always work great, DTS dosen't... (video is playing, but without sound). I use Movies & TV app for xbox or multimedia
    player.

2) Problem does not occur in games or streaming services

3) Ok. I set my HDMI autio to stereo uncompressed, optical audio selected bitstream, bitsream format DTS or DD. And it makes no difference(((

May be i should set my soundbar to TV, not to Xbox?
  6. Higher4Hire Win User

Surround Sound Not Working

I have other devices connected to my Marrantz, namely chromacast and 3d blue ray player. I jus tried playing a video on youtube through chromecast. It was an iron man 3 trailer, in hd and Dolby sound. When I play this video through chromecast, my AVR shows
    me the sound output options of "DOLBY PLII MOVIE" and "DTS NEO:6 cinema" in addition to "multi Chn stereo". Playing the video on either Dolby or DTS gives me proper surround sound. Then I tried playing the same video on xb1 youtube. This time the sound options
    were "multi Chn in" and "multi Chn stereo". Playing the video in multi Chn outputs sound from only front, center and sub. Surround speakers don't output any sound. I tried selecting bitstream, and select DTS/ Dolby there, but same result. I don't know what
    my xb1 is doing this?
  7. FeiTFP Win User

Xbox One Surround Sound Not Working over HDMI

Similar issue here, but i can hear a crankling sound (especially with the dashboard sounds) instead of no audio.

It happens with bitstream dts and dd (stereo is ok) and it happens both with digital optical and hdmi.

I also tried my amplifier with another dts system via optical and it works good. Tried different cables too.

Please, help!
  8. USA1fan Win User

Turtle beach XL1

Stereo or DTS only for the optical out port right now- so most (all?) gaming headsets will only give stereo, since none that I know of process DTS. Hopefully DD comes later (most likely, since I'm sure that's what the XB1 aftermarket headsets will be using
    to pass game audio, just like with the 360).
Thema:

1. Xbox Video - How to know quality sound (stereo - DD - DTS) before paying for a movie. - Similar Threads - Video quality sound

2. I just found 4K video capture quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just found 4K video capture quality: xbox one x capturing 4k HDR game playing made all bad results I recorded. The clips don't even sync with their sound and game scene is kind of laggy looks like downed frame rate. this feature...
  3. Upload Studio - Video Quality Integrity Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload Studio - Video Quality Integrity Issue: Howdy All, I have noticed that when you edit a video in Upload Studio, even if all you do is upload it through the app without changing anything, there is a noticeable drop in the video...
  4. Prime video quality

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Prime video quality: I use the Prime Video app for an xbox one and when I watch anything, the quality shows HD 1080p. That uses a lot of my data plan through my cable provider! I can't seem to find a way to reduce the...
  5. Terrible streaming video quality

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Terrible streaming video quality: I have an xbox x hard wired (not wifi) to my router running 17mps download speed with properly functioning ethernet cable. And yet every time I try to watch a video on the hulu or amazon prime or...
  6. Video streaming quality issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video streaming quality issues: I use the xbox system video player to steam video files from my PC to my 360. Everything worked fine with windows 7. I upgraded to windows 10 and now the video will stutter every 1-3 minutes...
  7. Quality of videos

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Quality of videos: The YouTube app doesn't allow you to select the quality of the video. I want to watch in full HD but it only ever seems to put it at 480p or if I'm lucky 720p, I have plenty fast enough Internet....
  8. Poor Video Quality from streaming services

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Video Quality from streaming services: I have just recently got an Apple TV 4th Gen (Non 4K) for cheap and noticed that everything that was streamed look far higher quality. In blocks of colour and dark areas, the was much more detail,...
  9. Quality of video only bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Quality of video only bad: So several months ago I started having as issue with my video quality on my xbox one. It only affects the video picture of videos only. YouTube, Netflix, DVD/BluRay, and for some reason the green...
  10. Questionnaire on Quality of Video Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Questionnaire on Quality of Video Games: Hi there! Would gladly appreciate some responses for my questionnaire I am carrying out for my university course. I appreciate any responses and your time. Thanks...