Xbox Video is like a very (very) bad joke...

Discus and support Xbox Video is like a very (very) bad joke... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Last weekend I rented 3 movies from Xbox Video on my Xbox One, including the film Paranoia. Paranoia gave me an error four times as I tried to complete... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RichardLarsson, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Xbox Video is like a very (very) bad joke...

Last weekend I rented 3 movies from Xbox Video on my Xbox One, including the film Paranoia. Paranoia gave me an error four times as I tried to complete my purchase (3x w/the HD version and 1x with the SD version). After never showing up in my queue I finally
    gave up. 15 minutes later I get email confirmations showing that I "rented" Paranoid 4x and was charged for each one. After trying to straighten everything out over the phone with Xbox support, the movie finally showed up. I was told that I'd be refunded for
    3 of the 4 rental charges and I went about my weekend. I even (gasp) watched the movie.

It's now a full week later and I've never received the refund according to my bank; worse, the other 2 movies I rented just 7 days ago, along with another that I rented just yesterday, all show as "expired" on my Xbox One now - even though I never watched
    any of them, never started any of them, and haven't even used my Xbox One for anything other than live tv in the past few days.

This is unacceptable. While I'm prepared to see a few bugs here and there within the Xbox One system (it's a new machine, I can forgive a few early adopter bugs and believe me, I have), there is simply no reason that something as simple as DRM/movie rentals
    should even be an issue at this point.

One potential solution would be to rent via Vudu for the time being.

Another would be to simply use the PS4 I bought last fall that I've let collect dust so far because I've vastly preferred the Xbox One experience overall.

I'll be taking option #2 for now, thanks.

If Microsoft can't figure out effing movie rentals, I'm not sure I even want to know what is going to fail next. Worse, I absolutely HATE being lied to on the phone by tech support regarding my refund. To date I've purchased EVERY SINGLE XBOX ONE GAME (more
    than will even fit on my pathetic 500GB hard drive) - and this is what I get? Ripped off to the tune of $15. That's awesome, Microsoft - way to make me feel like a valued customer.

I'll check back in a few months and see if you have your s**t together. I won't hold my breath.

:)

RichardLarsson, Feb 22, 2014
  2. Rotzpipn
    Rotzpipn Guest
    Left For Dead 2 Purchasing Error! ADMINS PLZ HELP!

that's a joke,...a very bad joke.... -.-

Rotzpipn, Feb 22, 2014
  3. runbat
    runbat Guest
    Very very very bad Serverconnection

I want you to pay back the money that I have paid and which I can NOT use at all.

There is no way I can connect to XBOX Live nor play any game. Overtime I got connected the last few days there was many errors, lags, timeouts, massively increased loading times (I mean come on... do I really and seriously have to wait 15-20 minutes until
    the console connects me to a server? And no.. it is not my internet connection that is slow as heck..)

XBOX Live is no fun anymore since the new consoles have been released and I seriously don't want to lose money on this service.

I expect you to send my money back to me for the online service that I cannot use

runbat, Feb 22, 2014
  4. Rotzpipn Win User

Left For Dead 2 Purchasing Error! ADMINS PLZ HELP!

that's a joke,...a very bad joke.... -.-
  5. BongKaos Win User

Did this really just happen?

Xbox.....Bing...Boobies :) Sorry very bad joke.... GOOD LUCK!!!!
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

IT'S NOT MS BDAY so stop messaging me with this 4000msp bull

It was a very bad April fools joke/chain letter
  7. gds1972 Win User

Bad (VERY) bad experience

Hi

You will need to contact the Xbox Support team directly about this please use the link below and when prompted either select the option to Chat With Xbox Support or Request a Phone call from support.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  8. Mister Maka Win User

Very bad streaming quality on Instant Video

Hey Dennis Lab!

How many other wireless devices do you have connected to your Network Hardware? If you're seeing such a big discrepancy in speeds, it sounds like your Network Hardware may not have the capacity to support all devices connected to it. Can you clarify what
    type of Network Hardware you're using?

Also, because you're in the Xbox One Update Preview, be sure you're posting in the forums for that. If you can't access that link please let us know :)
Thema:

Xbox Video is like a very (very) bad joke...

1. Xbox Video is like a very (very) bad joke... - Similar Threads - Video very very

2. Predictability and unpredictability in video game design

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Predictability and unpredictability in video game design: Celeste and Dead Cells are two of my favorite video games. They're both games with high difficulty, platforming elements, and excellent pixel art. However, they're very different experiences to...
  3. This has gotta be the funniest video on the frustration of the Xbox game bar

in XboX Insiders
    This has gotta be the funniest video on the frustration of the Xbox game bar: [IMG] submitted by /u/ItsPharaohJoe [link] [comments]
  4. New version of prime video not showing in Insider Hub

in XboX Insiders
    New version of prime video not showing in Insider Hub: [IMG] submitted by /u/pastoak [link] [comments]
  5. Video Bandwidth Problem - But Passed "Very High" speed test

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video Bandwidth Problem - But Passed "Very High" speed test: I have my PC and XBOX on a wired GigaByte connection and my PC Win 10 XBox App passed all connection test up to "Very High" using the latest XBOX APP Version "14.something.something.something" - I...
  6. VERY Horrible/ANNOYING Video PLAYBACK 'seizure' GLITCHS with all TV NETWORK APPS on ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    VERY Horrible/ANNOYING Video PLAYBACK 'seizure' GLITCHS with all TV NETWORK APPS on ...: Im having the issue where any of the streaming apps like the network cable streaming apps like Fox now, FX NOW, Syfy, Comedy Centra, USA,l NBC excetera excetera all of those APPs seem to be having...
  7. Please help, very frustrated. Xbox one turns on but nothing showing up on screen, no video or ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help, very frustrated. Xbox one turns on but nothing showing up on screen, no video or ...: So, this is the fourth replacement I got in a month because Microsoft are a bunch of idiots. This time my Xbox one turns on, all looks well but nothing is showing on my tv. My HDMI is connected...
  8. Very bad streaming quality on Instant Video

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very bad streaming quality on Instant Video: Hello, since a few weeks I have serious truoble with Amazon Instant Video on Xbox (Germany). The quality is very often very very bad. I already connectes Instant Video and Kabel BW. My...
  9. I get audio but video is very fuzzy

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get audio but video is very fuzzy: Hi, I experienced a lightning storm recently that seems to have *** something up on my Xbox 360 (original console). I am using the HD AV cables that came with the system and have tried to connect...
  10. Display/video output is jittery/choppy (losing frames). Very noticeable watching movies and on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display/video output is jittery/choppy (losing frames). Very noticeable watching movies and on ...: Something changed on my Xbox One and now all of the motion on my display is very jittery/choppy and not smooth. It appears to be losing frames. This is very noticeable when planying a movie as...