Xbox Voice Chat on iPad - Voice Chat not working with some friends, but not others

Discus and support Xbox Voice Chat on iPad - Voice Chat not working with some friends, but not others in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I've been trying to troubleshoot this thing for about an hour and it's driving me nuts. My daughter has a brand new iPad (2019 version) and her privacy... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Sean Boon, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Sean Boon
    Sean Boon Guest

Xbox Voice Chat on iPad - Voice Chat not working with some friends, but not others

I've been trying to troubleshoot this thing for about an hour and it's driving me nuts. My daughter has a brand new iPad (2019 version) and her privacy settings are all set everyone. With some of her friends she is able to voice chat with no problems.
    But she can't hear one of her friends, but her friend can hear her. I don't know if it matters if her friend is listed as being in a Minecraft session or not (at least that's what it says under her name in the app) and my daughter is in the Xbox app. When
    my daughter tries to launch a voice chat session from within the iPad Xbox app with this specific friend, she is now getting a "something went wrong error".

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? This seems like it should be totally basic capability that should just work and I've been navigating pages of privacy settings and I have no idea what impacts what anymore. I've marked everything as Everyone
    or Allow in the hopes I can get it to work across Windows 10/Xbox one settings, but the UX for all these pages and how they are related is a complete and total mess. I worked at Microsoft for many years and these pages are just a complete failure in design.

Thanks,

Sean

:)

Sean Boon, Jan 1, 2020
  2. VisoredFlyer423 Win User

I've been trying to troubleshoot this thing for about an hour and it's driving me nuts. My daughter has a brand new iPad (2019 version) and her privacy settings are all set everyone. With some of her friends she is able to voice chat with no problems.
    But she can't hear one of her friends, but her friend can hear her. I don't know if it matters if her friend is listed as being in a Minecraft session or not (at least that's what it says under her name in the app) and my daughter is in the Xbox app. When
    my daughter tries to launch a voice chat session from within the iPad Xbox app with this specific friend, she is now getting a "something went wrong error".

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? This seems like it should be totally basic capability that should just work and I've been navigating pages of privacy settings and I have no idea what impacts what anymore. I've marked everything as Everyone
    or Allow in the hopes I can get it to work across Windows 10/Xbox one settings, but the UX for all these pages and how they are related is a complete and total mess. I worked at Microsoft for many years and these pages are just a complete failure in design.

Thanks,

Sean
    Hi
  3. Kalmarn Win User

Multiplayer? Is it really that good though?

I tend to be in private chat with my friends.

You can generally still work with others without the need for voice chat. Depending on the game.

I agree that some games are better to play on your own so you can take it all in.
  4. Ezzn Win User

XBOX ENFORECMENT

I agree with some of the others.. Block and Report.. ESO has a big problem with open voice chat and they are trying their best to keep the voice chats PG.. It's a two edge sword sometimes.
  5. CODLEGEND3000 Win User

Proximity Voice Chat.

Proximity voice chat doesn't work in Free Mode, but it works for me and friends in Deathmatch.
  6. ButahsBoy Win User

Turtle Beach X12 Question

Question, I can hear the game audio, but I cant change the chat volume, yet I can still hear my friends in party's and game chat. The only way I can change how loud there voice is to change the game volume on my X12. I tried going to preferences and voice,
    but when I switch to play through headset, I don't hear my friends. Is there anyway I can change my friends voice volume? Because chat volume doesn't work on game chat and party chat.
Thema:

1. Xbox Voice Chat on iPad - Voice Chat not working with some friends, but not others - Similar Threads - Voice Chat iPad

2. Voice chat volume for IOS on Xbox App

in XBoX on Mobile
    Voice chat volume for IOS on Xbox App: As far as i am aware so far there is no way of adjusting the volume of a party with in the xbox app on IOS. I use the xbox on my ipad and am have started to join parties with friends while playing...
  3. Xbox one Voice chat off - how to turn on

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one Voice chat off - how to turn on: Voice chat is off showing it is locked by parental controls. My son is unable to speak on line with his friends. When we go into settings it shows that it is all turned on. We’ve done the Google...
  4. Lets us record longer clips and include voice chat

in XboX Insiders
    Lets us record longer clips and include voice chat: Let us record longer and include voice chat in pur clips. I heard it so mich every time me and my friends have a funny moment we're just like: "I wish that it recorded out voices". Please update...
  5. Voice Chats and Parties Problems that just started today for me: 1. VC’s don’t show there’s...

in XboX Insiders
    Voice Chats and Parties Problems that just started today for me: 1. VC’s don’t show there’s...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Knightbloo [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Game Bar voice chat Bug (please help)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar voice chat Bug (please help): [IMG] Hello, r/xboxinsiders I just wanted to ask for any help regarding voice chat on the new windows Xbox game overlay. I use it to talk to my friends since they only have an Xbox and it is...
  7. Voice chat will not work correctly.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Voice chat will not work correctly.: Today, I went to join an Xbox Live Party on my laptop. Invites from my friend weren't going through, so I clicked on his profile and joined it from there. When I got into the party, it showed that...
  8. Problemas con el chat de voz global[Problems with global voice chat]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problemas con el chat de voz global[Problems with global voice chat]: el problema es el siguiente cuando intento hablar en el chat durante una partida no me escuchan el icono de sonido no se mueve pero yo sin los puedo escuchar y en el chat de grupo si se me escucha...
  9. How can I get Voice Chat only in headphones on ATMOS Home Theater setup?

in XboX Insiders
    How can I get Voice Chat only in headphones on ATMOS Home Theater setup?: Home Theater ATMOS and Chat??? I have a new 7.2.2 ATMOS home theater setup.... playing COD is unbelievable with the SVS subwoofer.... but..... I like playing 2x2 and chatting is a big deal. When...
  10. I started a voice chat and my (ios) app crashed (i have deleted and reinstalled it)

in XBoX on Mobile
    I started a voice chat and my (ios) app crashed (i have deleted and reinstalled it): So I was playing Minecraft and wanted to chat with a freind so i started a voice chat. My app crashed to the homescreen so I deleted the app reinstaled the app and logged in it still crashed?!...