Xbox will not launch apps or display the home screen

Discus and support Xbox will not launch apps or display the home screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just updated my xbox and it worked fine for a day or two before no longer displaying the home screen. It shows a black screen however, the quick menu... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BHord, Sep 10, 2019.

1. BHord
    BHord Guest

I just updated my xbox and it worked fine for a day or two before no longer displaying the home screen. It shows a black screen however, the quick menu will still open. Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

BHord, Sep 10, 2019
  2. BHord Win User

Thank you so much! This immediately solved my problem!
  3. denis97g Win User

4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi BHord,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the issue.

First, go ahead and do a hard restart and
    power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your
    network during the reset.

Try out those troubleshooting solutions and let us know the results!
  5. myusrn Win User

Wireless Display (preview)

. . . same here when the app is launched the screen becomes black and after a view seconds goes back to the xbox one home screen. i tried uninstalling, rebooting console, and reinstalling wireless display (preview) app and that did not resolve the issue.
    Really hope someone from product group support takes notice of this issue and resolves it as w/o this you have to go buy hardware to enable miracasting phone and tablet screens onto console connected big screen.
  6. VexingAunt4279 Win User

Wolfenstein content currently unavailable

So I figured it out on Xbox One. I went to My Games and Apps from the home screen and launched the game from there vs launching it from the home screen. It picked up right from where I was getting the "Content Not Available" message. Hope that helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox will not launch apps or display the home screen - Similar Threads - launch apps display

2. Cannot Launch Xbox (Beta App)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Launch Xbox (Beta App): I get this error whenever trying to launch the Xbox Beta app. [img] Contacted support and was told it has something to do with my user account. I am able to get it to launch on my Admin...
  3. Xbox app for PC won't Launch

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app for PC won't Launch: As the title says I can't seem to launch the Xbox app for PC. After install I get the error, "The Data area passed to a system call is too small". A Reinstall seems to do nothing. Googleing seems...
  4. Problem when launching free movies 2019 app after latest system update that went out for...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem when launching free movies 2019 app after latest system update that went out for...: I have just noticed when I went to launch the free movies 2019 when it gets to the homepage of the app there’s nothing showing up here. and when I go to where it says Genres and when I go to pic...
  5. Xbox software (OS) not functionng correctly - buttons and apps not launching

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox software (OS) not functionng correctly - buttons and apps not launching: Has anyone else had any issue with their Xbox One OS not working? When I restart my console it works fine for a while but when I turn the xbox off then back on I can't get any apps or settings...
  6. Xbox One fails to launch the Store App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One fails to launch the Store App: Hi, I have an original (day one 500gb) Xbox One which has been working great for many years. On August 31 2019 the STORE app performed an update on my console and since then I cannot get the...
  7. Xbox One Issues - Launching games or apps start then return to Xbox Home or black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Issues - Launching games or apps start then return to Xbox Home or black screen...: As subject. For no reason my Xbox will launch a game or app then after a few seconds return to the Xbox Home screen. On some occasions the game has started (GTAV and Red Dead 2) proceeded into...
  8. Xbox Beta App PC - Nothing Launches

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App PC - Nothing Launches: So no games at all will launch from the app, nor will they launch from the windows store., nothing in the FAQ helps, any user ideas at all? PC is fully up to date as well, no idea what to try,...
  9. Apps won’t launch again

in XBoX Accessibility
    Apps won’t launch again: Hi, my apps won’t launch. I have deleted them and then installed them again. This worked briefly, but then the problem came back. I have done a factory reset and that didn’t fix the issue either....
  10. Wireless Display App does not launch anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Display App does not launch anymore: hi! I was able to use the app for a while but now it never opens. It just shows up with the app screen (loading) and then it closes directly and I am back on the dashboard. Reinstalled and also...