Xbox will not launch apps or display the home screen

Discus and support Xbox will not launch apps or display the home screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just updated my xbox and it worked fine for a day or two before no longer displaying the home screen. It shows a black screen however, the quick menu... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BHord, Sep 10, 2019.

1. BHord
    BHord Guest

I just updated my xbox and it worked fine for a day or two before no longer displaying the home screen. It shows a black screen however, the quick menu will still open. Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

BHord, Sep 10, 2019
  2. BHord Win User

Thank you so much! This immediately solved my problem!
  3. denis97g Win User

4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi BHord,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the issue.

First, go ahead and do a hard restart and
    power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your
    network during the reset.

Try out those troubleshooting solutions and let us know the results!
  5. Scimac Win User

Microsoft rewards app

Also experiencing this issue when trying to launch the rewards app on xbox this morning. It’s displaying the splash screen for about 60 seconds before closing the app.
  6. myusrn Win User

Wireless Display (preview)

. . . same here when the app is launched the screen becomes black and after a view seconds goes back to the xbox one home screen. i tried uninstalling, rebooting console, and reinstalling wireless display (preview) app and that did not resolve the issue.
    Really hope someone from product group support takes notice of this issue and resolves it as w/o this you have to go buy hardware to enable miracasting phone and tablet screens onto console connected big screen.
Thema:

1. Xbox will not launch apps or display the home screen - Similar Threads - launch apps display

2. [XBOX ONE] Games and Apps won’t launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [XBOX ONE] Games and Apps won’t launch: Every time I attempt to launch a game or open an app, I’m always spammed with error 0x8027o25a (game too too long to load). The system will then slow to about 1/4 speed and make very distorted...
  3. Game not launching from xbox companion app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game not launching from xbox companion app: I've been trying to launch no man's sky from the companion app and store on PC each time I do it redirects me to gaming services. It says that I have downloaded this but still gives me the option...
  4. New Games Won't Launch on Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    New Games Won't Launch on Xbox App: Every time I've tried to launch No Man's Sky or Dungeon of the Endless the app closes, a white screen appears with the title of the game, and then it crashes and disappears without a trace. I've...
  5. Can't Launch Games or Apps after update today 6/4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Launch Games or Apps after update today 6/4: My Xbox One automatically updated today at 12:38pm and since then, all my pins and groups have been removed from my home page, and when I try to launch a game or app from the Game & Apps section,...
  6. XBox Game Pass for PC - Game Pass App Won't Launch Games

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Game Pass for PC - Game Pass App Won't Launch Games: Hi, I had to replace the D: drive my Game Pass library was used for, as it was running out of space. Disk clone from old 1TB SSD to new 2TB SSD worked perfectly, but now Game Pass app won't...
  7. Microsoft Store App Won't Launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store App Won't Launch: Hello. I own the Xbox Game pass for PC, and whenever I try to launch the game Dead by Daylight it will not launch. It shows the message "Dead By Daylight is currently not available in your...
  8. Youngblood from Xbox PC App not Launching - need vulkan-1.dll file but cannot edit due to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Youngblood from Xbox PC App not Launching - need vulkan-1.dll file but cannot edit due to...: Hi there. So this Xbox PC app has been a complete headache so far lol. Connection issues, unblocking ports, friends going on/offline when they aren't, hanging updates and having to do game...
  9. Will the Xbox Series X launch with the new Microsoft edge app?

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox Series X launch with the new Microsoft edge app?: The current one has deteriorated over time. Especially trying to go to YouTube. submitted by /u/Osiris-Reflection [link] [comments]
  10. Wireless Display App does not launch anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Display App does not launch anymore: hi! I was able to use the app for a while but now it never opens. It just shows up with the app screen (loading) and then it closes directly and I am back on the dashboard. Reinstalled and also...