Xbox will not let me change my gamertag. It seems it's back

Discus and support Xbox will not let me change my gamertag. It seems it's back in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I go to change my gamertag, I had $25 on the account, I went to change my gt and the 10 went through but it still is showing my old gamertag and will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hey Its Alex154, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Xbox will not let me change my gamertag. It seems it's back

I go to change my gamertag, I had $25 on the account, I went to change my gt and the 10 went through but it still is showing my old gamertag and will not change. If I really just got screwed out of my money than dude that really needs fixed or something.

:)

Hey Its Alex154, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

First, make sure the transaction is showing up on your order history by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders, and once you were able to see the "Gamertag change" transaction from there visit https://account.xbox.com/profile to validate your Gamertag.

If it's still not changed, you may need to try again via this link: https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag

You should not be charged again.
  3. DavidEllison7 Win User

Xbox won't let me change my gamertag

I left Preview Alpha, did a factory restart, ran through setup, then tried to change my GT and succeeded. I am using an Xbox One X.
  4. Xerxen Win User

Bump. It’s broken for me too. At least I know not to waste my time with support!
  5. Farscape247 Win User

its been an issue all day, i have chatted with support and they have escalated it but we just have to wait.
  6. ngocphi Win User

It won’t let me change my xbox gamertag

It's a baned word

And also a insult to the highest degree

Its not something you say around family

I suggest you look it up before you tell others that name especially around family it's liable to earn you a knuckle sandwich

You should look up words before you use them

You should expand your vocabulary if you seriously don't see an issue with that name

It's not something you should use on the street or in a home unless you are in a fight
Thema:

1. Xbox will not let me change my gamertag. It seems it's back - Similar Threads - let change gamertag

2. It won’t let me change my xbox gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    It won’t let me change my xbox gamertag: Recently I decided to change my gamertag for the first time in a few years, I knew I had a free name change still so I wanted to use it. I wanted to change my username to “” (my handle on all my...
  3. Xbox won't let me change my gamertag at all.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox won't let me change my gamertag at all.: I've tried changing my gamertag through the Xbox and I get a error saying "something went wrong. please try your gamertag again". Sometimes it doesn't even let me click to change it at all. I have...
  4. Won't let me change gamertag when I press change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Won't let me change gamertag when I press change: Every time I press on "Change Gamertag", it doesn't let me for some odd reason. I check availability for the name I'm trying to get and it says it's available also the gamertag doesn't have any...
  5. Xbox won't let me change my gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't let me change my gamertag: I have $25 in my account to change my gamertag. For some reason when I go to accept the gamertag I want it says "Sorry, something went wrong. Try your gamertag again." I try over and over again...
  6. new gamertag update is not letting me get a free change

in XBoX on Consoles
    new gamertag update is not letting me get a free change: So i heard there was an new gamertag update and for people who haven't used the new update will get a freebie so i tried getting myself a free gamertag change but i had to pay explain please...
  7. Xbox Live won't let me change Gamertag for free the first time I change gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live won't let me change Gamertag for free the first time I change gamertag: It asks me to pay even though it is my first time changing my gamertag. In need of assistance. f74bdca3-453e-4cf3-afca-249313019dcc
  8. Won't let me change gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let me change gamertag: I wanted to change my xbox gamer tag and I went to the tab and found a name that was available and clicked confirm, that didn't change it at all and when I went back and tried to try again I had...
  9. Doesn't let me change gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doesn't let me change gamertag: So im trying to change my gamertag mainly cause its pretty ****. I live in Iceland so there are some issues to begin with when it comes to xbox but when i try to change my name it says that the...
  10. Wont let me change gamertag to something even though no account pops up when i search it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wont let me change gamertag to something even though no account pops up when i search it: I was trying to change my gamertag to something and it said it wasnt avalible even though when i searched it no account popped up. so im thinking it violates the terms but i dont see how it would...