xbox will not stream movie from the movie&tv app.

Discus and support xbox will not stream movie from the movie&tv app. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; went to purchase a movie to watch then had to download the movies & tv app. Will play a small clip of 2-3 seconds image goes away but still plays... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by williamnormam, Jul 31, 2019.

1. xbox will not stream movie from the movie&tv app.

went to purchase a movie to watch then had to download the movies & tv app. Will play a small clip of 2-3 seconds image goes away but still plays audio.

:)

williamnormam, Jul 31, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello William,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to view a movie purchased from within the Microsoft store.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to follow the steps provided by our
    troubleshoot Movies & TV on Xbox One
    support article.

Try this for us and then let us know if this helped.

Best wishes!
  3. Mikyruiz Win User

Im getting Error Code 0x8004b822.

Thank you for you response. The issue is resolved. I used the Xbox Assist on my console which determined the problem was streaming issues with two apps - Netflix and Movies and TV. The Movies and TV app needed updating. It was fixed within minutes.
  4. Bacapolypse Win User

Streaming a film

Hello RsScotty88,

Out of curiosity, are you streaming this on the movies and tv app? Also are you attempting to stream in 4k?
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

download purchased videos on xbox one

Hello Lioyo,

According to this article :
    Moving from Xbox 360 to Xbox One
    "Movies & TV: All purchases you’ve made through Movies & TV
    will appear in the Movies & TV collection." So it seems like you would need to stream them through this app using your network connection.

Hope this helps!
  6. NoCameraTricks Win User

Smartglass...

My understanding is that Smartglass will let you use your phone to control movie playback on your Xbox connected to your TV. It doesn't allow you to stream movies from the Xbox to your phone. Certainly not when you're out of range of your home wifi network.

You may be able to stream movies via Xbox Movies but that's a pay per view service. It's streaming from Microsoft's servers, not your Xbox.
Thema:

1. xbox will not stream movie from the movie&tv app. - Similar Threads - stream movie movie&tv

2. Error code 0x000005b4 when streaming movies

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x000005b4 when streaming movies: I pre ordered avengers endgame and everyone I try to play it it comes up with error code 0x000005b4. Nothing on the website about this code. Im a bit angry to say the least. I cannot even get...
  3. I would like to limit the amount of time that my son can stream movies ands TV through his xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like to limit the amount of time that my son can stream movies ands TV through his xbox: my son just bought a new monitor and he now has his xbox in his room instead of in the family room. we have strict limits on the length of time that he can play games, but I cannot figure out how...
  4. Why do I have inconsistent streaming quality when using movies and tv?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have inconsistent streaming quality when using movies and tv?: When i watch a movie using the movies and tv app the quality of video is all over the place. One minute i could be fine watching a movie in HD, then 5 minutes later im watching a grainy wavy...
  5. Streaming purchased movies & tv on other devices?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming purchased movies & tv on other devices?!: I purchase the majority of my movies through the Xbox One Movies and T.V. option because they are usually cheaper than buying a physical copy in a store. So my question is, why isn’t there an app...
  6. Cannot Stream from Microsoft Movies and TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Stream from Microsoft Movies and TV: Hello, Within the last couple of days, I have not been able to stream from Microsoft Movies and TV. I do not get an error message, it is just that the video will not play when I select it. I...
  7. Any apps available for Xbox Movies & TV to stream to a MacBook Pro or an Android device?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any apps available for Xbox Movies & TV to stream to a MacBook Pro or an Android device?: For those of us who have an Xbox along with a MacBook Pro or an Android (for those who like devices that work) are there any apps that can be utilized to stream purchased products?...
  8. my router keeps disconnecting while I am streaming movies/tv shows on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    my router keeps disconnecting while I am streaming movies/tv shows on my xbox: When streaming video to my xbox one my router keeps disconnecting. I am using the apps for Netflix, Hulu, and HBO. It only happens when i am watching videos and it never happens when I am...
  9. streaming video freezes in every app. (hulu, Netflix, Tv movie, and Amazon instant video)

in XBoX on Consoles
    streaming video freezes in every app. (hulu, Netflix, Tv movie, and Amazon instant video): video freezing of jumping back and forth in between frames. audio continues to play seamlessly, and after awhile screen just turns all green..any thought? 996057a9-7ef1-4dd4-b506-96448ea0f5a4
  10. Can't use my Xbox One to stream movies/TV shows to anymore...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use my Xbox One to stream movies/TV shows to anymore...: Hi there, REALLY hope someone can help me out... Up until a few days ago, I was able to stream movies/TV shows from my Android phone to my Xbox One via Allcast and watch them on my TV. I've been...